It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As United States Collapses, Media Worships LeBron James

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well has anyone noticed that most of the major news outlets are owned by entertainment companies?

The "news" is only what "they" want you to focus on....and frankly this Lebron story is one of the stupidist distractions in a while. IMO

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lauraeleven

Honestly, I'm surprised they're not still on about Micheal Jackson.
Hardly a mention of Deep-water, Economy, or other more pertinent issues.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
As everything with AJ - he's way over the top. At least he didn't cry or scream in this video.

Love him or hate him, Lebron James means multi-millions of dollars to the local businesses of whatever city he decides to call home. The media made a big deal about it because it is a big deal. Alex Jones just wishes people worshiped him like Lebron.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

AJ is annoying and I agree 100% with you on that, and there are many grains of truth to what he said.
OK, I'll agree with the fact that LJ can and will generate revenue for his city, but what about the rest of the country?
Are we in that kind of shape that the prosperity of a city depends on what sports hero resides in it or plays there?
Apparently we are.
Prosperity should have nothing to do with something like that and should be construed as icing on the cake.

The real point is, whether AJ says it or not, is the mind numbing media circus that focuses on nothing but trivial entertainment.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Love it the Lebron chose to play in a state that doesn't have a state income tax.

Smart move by Lebron, his agent, and his accountants!

This is one of the reasons I recently moved to Texas. No state income taxes make a big difference!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join