It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raise your hand if you believe in the 'gay agenda'?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Okay, a short list about education, I find the last the most disturbing. Again thanks for keeping this civil.

www.wnd.com...

www.massresistance.org...

www.bloggernews.net...

www.massnews.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Okay, a short list about education, I find the last the most disturbing. Again thanks for keeping this civil.

www.wnd.com...

www.massresistance.org...

www.bloggernews.net...

www.massnews.com...

Well that's just ridiculous.

I don't know how ANYBODY could sanction such behaviour or educational practices with children involved.

My god.

Look I'm gay and very open about it, most people know that here, although I'm a moderate.

I would be the FIRST in line to punch those people in the face for teaching my 12 year old about such things.

Gross..

My only problem with these news stories is that there is no linked sources for the claims. Not to say that they are BS, but it just makes me think perhaps they were written from a biased perspective..

~Keeper

[edit on 7/10/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Audio verification and reaction......

www.lovethetruth.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Proudconservative

I would like to suggest that the only reason there have been fewer monogamous gay relationships in the past is due to the stigmatization of gay people. I'd bet many of these non-monogamous gay relationships include people who are involved in straight marriages. I'm sure there are lots of people in the closet still, unwilling to admit to themselves let alone everyone else they are gay. Have you ever heard of a closet straight person?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Audio verification and reaction......

www.lovethetruth.com...

Well then in that case your right, and that's just plain WRONG.

Massachussets is F'ed in the head!

I would never stand for any of that sort of thing here in Canada, I would rather home school my children than expose them to that.

Understandably they already know about gays having two fathers, but the bedroom is the bedroom and that sort of thing does not concern them.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So, is this part of a "gay agenda"? Seems to me it is in some ways. I'm sure it does depend on ones perspectives, and from mine I'd have to say this does qualify.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As a gay man the only "agenda" that I have is to not have to live under a stigmata,watch people of my orientation be portrayed in the media as limp wristed mincing queens, who bang anything that moves, do hair, decorate etc etc.

I would also like to enjoy some of the tax breaks "married" couples enjoy, and I am not talking about the church sanctioned marriages, I could care less about that and call it whatever you want. I am not allowed to legally be married to the person I love, nor adopt a child if chose to, yet I as a single male in the upper tax bracket have to pay for a myriad of social services that I do not partake in.

The upside is that I work for a company that allows me to have my partner on my insurance which is nice, but it's the overall effect of being a 2nd class citizen with less rights than most illegal immigrants. The stereotype of the gay male as it is portrayed, is not the rule but the exception, yet it is used as a flashpoint to rally others to their cause. Regarding monogamy and drug use, both sides of the fence play around, I have just as many straight friends who bang someone they don't know after a night at the club as gay friends, and drug use...I have been offered more drugs at a straight bar than at a gay bar, but I am sure that it is prevalent on both sides.

Most of these arguments come from a place of ignorance,and I mean that word as "ill informed". Most gay guys are not what you see on tv, they are like me, we do not condone pedophiles of any variety, do not chase boys around and tend to be overall well adjusted, productive members of society.

And yet, because a book of stories of dubious authenticity, that is the mains stay fallback of a religion says its wrong, it must be. I say take up your point on that with gay Christians, as I am Shinto, I could really care less what your bible has to say on anything that I do.

On the topic before about the teaching of sex gay or otherwise in schools, I am personally appalled that something like that would be allowed to happen, gay or straight, and someone needs to be held responsible for it. The parents of children need to be the ones to explain sex to their children, not the school, or government. The problem as I see it is too many parents are willing to let someone else raise their children then cry foul when they hear about them being taught something that they do not like.

I was raised by loving caring parents who took the time to explain to me about how things worked in the world, and did not leave it up to someone else.

As far as a "gay agenda" if there is one, I must have been absent the day that they were handing the pamphlet out because I have absolutely no idea what it is we are supposed to be doing, which leads me to believe that the "gay agenda" plot is just fear mongering and hot button pot stirring.I could go as far as saying there is a "christian agenda" or "muslin agenda" or "political/religious ideology" agenda". We are all just people, some are good ..some are bad ..some are neither ..some are gay some are straight some are bi. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong or evil, I cannot stand cauliflower but I as of yet have not started a nationwide band on it simply because I do not like it.

I know this is kind of rambling and off and on topic but I got onto a thing here and it just kinda went rolling along.

-Itachi

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So, is this part of a "gay agenda"? Seems to me it is in some ways. I'm sure it does depend on ones perspectives, and from mine I'd have to say this does qualify.

I would not say it's part of the "gay agenda" because that would imply this sort of thing is widespread. IMO it's a extremist sect of the gay community.

Much like extremist religious types teach abstinence only sex education. These people do not represent the religious community at large, yet are reported as if they do.

I think the same applies in the cases we've been discussing.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

I'd agree with just about everything you just posted. I think every group has an element with an agenda. And unfortuneately it's those, rather than the mainstream that garner the attention. When it comes to the parents though, I'd disagree. The are plenty of cases of parents bringing this to light and they are shut down as homophobes, religious extremists, hatemongers, etc. Again, part of the agenda, or just the media being extreme, not for me to say? Also, when you have a school having children sign confidentiality statements to teach something, obviously something is wrong.....However, if you ever do want to start a worldwide boycott of cauliflower let me know, I'll be right there.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It strikes me odd that this is the first discussion I've seen on this topic on this site that has been this polite and cordial. Third page and no one had exploded into name calling etc on either side. I wonder how long it will last? Again, thanks to those who have posted so far.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Legally, I cannot see how a school can sign a contract with a minor without a parent present. That would make the contract/agreement null and void, as a minor is unable to enter into a legally binding contract without representation, unless the law has changed.

We can agree to disagree on the parents thing, we all have our own opinions and yours is just as valid as mine, where I used to live at in Florida it was rampant with parents that let the internet and schools raise their kids until such a time as something was taught they disapproved of, then they were in the streets over it. What it comes down to is, for me at least, clearly defining the groups making demands, claims whatever. Just as with extremest Muslims/Christians the gays have their own subset and are in no way the opinion of the gay community at large.

All of that aside my biggest beef is the portrayal of the effeminate gay male, that bugs me to absolutely no end. That is something I would like to see stopped, but since it sells tv shows and newspapers, I do not foresee an end to it anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I think this thread is probably still under the radar of the fundies, give it time it will turn into a nonsensical bashing thread before long, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's sad...I am waiting now too for there to be bashing.
Or for the Trolls to get bored.
Maybe it shouldn't be expected.

I am happy to see that ignorance has been denied really.
I don't remember seeing 3 pages on ATS without name calling.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by Proudconservative

I would like to suggest that the only reason there have been fewer monogamous gay relationships in the past is due to the stigmatization of gay people. I'd bet many of these non-monogamous gay relationships include people who are involved in straight marriages. I'm sure there are lots of people in the closet still, unwilling to admit to themselves let alone everyone else they are gay. Have you ever heard of a closet straight person?

Yes i have heard of a closeted person lol. For a while there i thought i was closeted to be honest. im 20 and around when i was sixteen i started getting 'thoughts' like "he's hot". But i figured out by doing research that it was just me finding a man attractive...NOT SEXUALLY attractive. I can admire another mans body and not want to have sex with him. In fact i find the very idea repulsive. When i was younger i had 'gay experimenting' but after each one i would feel disgusted and sick to my stomache. It was not for me. Im 99% heterosexual. I like breasts and female hips(not trying to convince you! lol).

And while some non-monogamous marriages exist. Statistics show that the population has stayed constant since the 60s at 2% of the total number of marriages. and around 1-2% of the entire population of the USA.

Now lets not bash the fundies. They have there opinions and beliefs and they should be respected just like anyone else's. I grew up in the bible belt,and we are all not the ultra religious homophobes the media and the left-wing make us out to be.

There seems to be some consensus with the gay community that if you are gay you cant be christian. My cousins first cousin is gay and he goes to church. Down here we dont 'hate' gay people. we pity them really. although teens still hate gay people. But thats to be expected and will always happen.

But i will say this. I find it very 'strange' that so many stars are comin out 'gay' or bisexual now. ALL of them are female too.....and all those coming out have NEVER had a relationship with a woman. Like angelina jolie....she is suppose to be 'bisexual' and yet....have you ever seen her with a woman?

What about lady gaga? she is suppose to be bisexual(she says she likes men more)and yes she has suggestive and lesbian themes in her music...and while she is a big supporter of the GLBT community.... i have never seen her with a woman sexually or in a relationship with a woman.

Vanessa carlton just came out as BI,once again never any relationships with a woman.

Something smells fishy to me. If there is a 'gay agenda' its almost assured that its a all female lesbian agenda.

Just go look on facebook or myspace. Look at how many 12-15 year olds say they are 'bisexual'. Its like its turning into a fad or trend. What the hell is going on? They all cant be bisexual. Even kids younger then me have noticed it. I talked to a girl age 15 who said-

"they are not bisexual,they say they are but they are not. They will get up in front of guys and kiss to turn the guys on...but ask them if they would sleep with or date another woman and they are all like 'EWWWW'"

What the hell is going on? has the media brainwashed girls into thinking they are bisexual? they see lesbian crap all the time on TV.

Its gotten so bad that when i know a women is 100% heterosexual.....it turns me on! Its like "im straight" and im like "MARRY ME!!!!".

And yes i realize many of you will say "maybe they are bisexual but its just more accepted now".

I dont buy that,sorry. The gay population has stayed constant since the dawn of time in most cases. around 10%(or a little below) of any given population tends to be gay. Studies back this up. So.......what the hell is going on?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Proudconservative]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Proudconservative]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ZuluChaka
Raises
Hand

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Do homosexual individuals have an agenda, generally I have to agree with most posters,.. no they want to be treated fairly and respected. That said, as with an increasing societal acceptance of adultery and divorce, I do think homosexuality can contribute as a negative pressure on the traditional family unit. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but a stable and strong family unit, with a mother and father results in a strong, healthy, and vibrant society. Throughout history the breakdown of the traditional family unit heralds the imminent downfall of a society.

Are many heterosexual couples damaging their children in dysfunctional families, yes, the family is under attack from within also. I am not saying heterosexuals are doing it right either,... arguably dysfunctional families contribute to the rise of homosexual lifestyles. It is complicated to be sure and there is lots of blame to be spread around.

In short, there is an agenda to destroy the traditional family unit, and homosexuality is one small piece in that master plan. So many of us are being manipulated by higher powers on physical and spiritual planes, following our desires thinking it will bring happiness and contentment,.... it often brings the opposite for us and those around us.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

Explain yourself.
Please.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skywalker_

Expand on that.
Would you?