It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Raise your hand if you believe in the 'gay agenda'?

page: 2
7
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Whats scarier is that the people opposed cant get enough people together than the people for it. Its called togetherness.

Peace to you...




posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor
 


From what i have read is is SUPPOSED to
Undermine the family values on which our society has been created.
Redefine the family demographic and force us all to live in a world where left wing gay feminazi socialist anti christian families are the norm.

Source: reading way too many pathetic English tabloids articles and discussion boards.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
of course there is a gay agenda. why would a class of people who are deprived of equal rights not have a collective agenda to obtain those rights afforded others?

I wonder if I came out as a follower of Tall Purple-Orange statues tomorrow, would I be able to argue that my rights have been systematically suppressed since the beginning of time? Well, me and a group of friends might do that. We will show how the major religions have been allowed to erect religious symbols of their own without persecution. Until we achieve the same rights, being allowed to erect religious symbols in public places, I will have to argue that we have no rights and opportunities.


is it some secretive plot to slit the throats of heterosexuals, steal their babies and make meatloaves out of them while smoking pot? probably not.

What you do here is associate the idea of a "Gay Agenda" with such outrageously silly notions that people reading it will classify those who suggest there might be an agenda as crazy nut jobs. It's the same technique used against people who believe in other forms of conspiracy theories. Label, classify and discredit by association.


it's really just about having the same opportunity as everyone else to try and get through this life with as much happiness as could possibly be mustered, all things considered. do i support it (i.e., believe in it)? yes, because it's the proper, right, fair, humane and correct thing to do.

Do you really think that those funding and supporting "Gay Rights" and "Equal Opportunity" are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts? Why have such movements only "come to help" those in the last few years, when these minorities have been supposedly oppressed for hundreds of years?

[edit on 10/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
dbl post

[edit on 10-7-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by Hadrian
of course there is a gay agenda. why would a class of people who are deprived of equal rights not have a collective agenda to obtain those rights afforded others?

I wonder if I came out as a follower of Tall Purple-Orange statues tomorrow, would I be able to argue that my rights have been systematically suppressed since the beginning of time? Well, me and a group of friends might do that. We will show how the major religions have been allowed to erect religious symbols of their own without persecution. Until we achieve the same rights, being allowed to erect religious symbols in public places, I will have to argue that we have no rights and opportunities.


is it some secretive plot to slit the throats of heterosexuals, steal their babies and make meatloaves out of them while smoking pot? probably not.

What you do here is associate the idea of a "Gay Agenda" with such outrageously silly notions that people reading it will classify those who suggest there might be an agenda as crazy nut jobs. It's the same technique used against people who believe in other forms of conspiracy theories. Label, classify and discredit by association.


it's really just about having the same opportunity as everyone else to try and get through this life with as much happiness as could possibly be mustered, all things considered. do i support it (i.e., believe in it)? yes, because it's the proper, right, fair, humane and correct thing to do.

Do you really think that those funding and supporting "Gay Rights" and "Equal Opportunity" are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts? Why have such movements only "come to help" those in the last few years, when these minorities have been supposedly oppressed for hundreds of years?

[edit on 10/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]


So why are they doing it?
What are you implying?
are you so selfish that you cannot believe others would help a cause "from the goodness of their hearts?'



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
In the Media.

It's the Metro-sexual A-gender, It's the only type of guy you see on the TV, the phrase "Bloke" is now a rude word, the stereotype of "Bloke" portrayed in the media is that of an ignorant buffoon without makeup wearing a high vis jacket or a criminal,

AT home.

The Gaydomness promoted on TV is more marketable for Women and children, they want the sensitive type and the none threatening persona rather than representing the disciplined persona of a Man which is the role we play at home.

Man is pressured to play the Mothers role, hence degrading the Mans role in society and destroying the family trinity.

Gay Agenda

The Gay Gene in an evolutionary sense is a nature of none reproduction,
erogenous zones seem more sensitive and they define themselves by their sexuality and not their gender, the carrier of the Gay Gene sees those without the Gene like a sub species, naturally.

Feminists despise Man but carries the person of a Man, this is strange simulation normally only seen on a Petri dish.

So perhaps in a biological sense there is indeed an agenda, who knows perhaps it's natures way


My personal thoughts.

Gay People are People and it's the People that count, I think they're all to busy to consciously mastermind some agenda, I suppose if Sam Fox became a MP you would begin to wonder.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mumma in pyjamas
So why are they doing it?

Profit, PR stunt, cause social division, promote other agendas and ideologies that deride the concept of the traditional family.


What are you implying?

To put it simply, the only reason why "Gay Rights" has come into the mainstream is because those in power have allowed it to. Why? Because it benefits them for the above reasons.


are you so selfish that you cannot believe others would help a cause "from the goodness of their hearts?'

There are lots of people in this world who do things out of the goodness of their hearts so that others can experience happiness. I am not saying that all people that advocate and support Gay Rights are doing so for the above reasons, just that those with the power, influence and finances to change public opinion and political change are doing so for nefarious reasons.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I wonder if I came out as a follower of Tall Purple-Orange statues tomorrow, would I be able to argue that my rights have been systematically suppressed since the beginning of time? Well, me and a group of friends might do that. We will show how the major religions have been allowed to erect religious symbols of their own without persecution. Until we achieve the same rights, being allowed to erect religious symbols in public places, I will have to argue that we have no rights and opportunities.


don't know what you're talking about here.


Originally posted by Dark Ghost
What you do here is associate the idea of a "Gay Agenda" with such outrageously silly notions that people reading it will classify those who suggest there might be an agenda as crazy nut jobs.


yes, that's right.


Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Do you really think that those funding and supporting "Gay Rights" and "Equal Opportunity" are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts? Why have such movements only "come to help" those in the last few years, when these minorities have been supposedly oppressed for hundreds of years?


yes, i do. without question. it's called progress. that's why women have rights now. it's why we don't force black people to be our servants anymore. it's why we don't accept child abuse. it's why most cultures don't drown people for being witches or burn them for being adulterous or stone them for having been raped.

now, of course, there's little doubt you're of the ilk that liked it the "old-fashioned" way and profess that when kids got beat around, they grew up to be better people. keep-it-the-way-it-is-ers will always be around. but, fortunately, so will people who can see that there is always progress to be made and will fight to make it.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's funny to me that when I make a thread to see if those people who belive in the sinister, evil gay agenda would come forward... they don't. lol cowards.


So far I don't mind the thinking of those who've commented so far. It's progressive.
I don't always get to see this on ATS....but, but I think we just denied ignorance.


hurrah!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Before2017Victor]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well if a fight for equal rights under the law is considered an "agenda" then there most certainly is one.

If you mean a gay agenda in regards to something nefarious, or to "gay up" America, then no, that's complete fantasy and anybody with an ounce of sense knows that.

~Keeper



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think the term "agenda" has become a form of propaganda.

People use the terms "politcal agenda" "gay agenda" etc and just the word agenda sounds nefarious and people think "OMG THEY HAVE AN AGENDA?!?!".

When in the end we all have agendas, we all have a list of ideas or things that we consider, or will be done.

Every day I have a daily agenda that includes making my bed, walking my dogs, and reading dribble on the internet.

You can't say, "gays just would like the same rights and respect that you are offered", no you have to say agenda, to make it seem somehow evil.

So, in that vein. I raise my hand because I believe that gays should be afforded the same rights and respect as anyone else.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Well, there's some senseless people on ATS then.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor
 


no doubt about that.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'd have to say yes there is to a certain extent. Between the forced education in schools, especially when children are to youn g to even understand it yes. When it comes to gay characters being introduced in long running comics, again yes. Being popularized in the media, yes. Comparing their "struggle" to those of he civil rights era, yes. Hate crime laws, yes. Special rights instead of equal rights, yes. Intruding in others lives illegally by publishing their home addys etc, yes.The list goes on and on. Now, I don't feel like all homosexuals are like this, nor have an agenda, is there one in place? I'd say definitely in the entertainment industry as well the political arena. Just my thoughts, let the flaming begin.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The gay agenda is something made up by fundamentalist relgious zelaots and homophobes to support there point of view

If you ask me, half of them are all probably trying to hide there own homosexual feelings


[edit on 10/7/2010 by OzWeatherman]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor
 


No there is a supposed gay agenda. I don;t know what it's aim is meant to be. I think its just how people that are anti gay compell others to be anti gay.

If they imply some sort of malicious agenda then it validates their primal logic.


Sort of like Im sure Hitler claimed the jews had an agenda (not remotely comparing this to the holocaust but rather propaganda tactics)

or the Socialist agenda
or the Communist agenda.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Before2017Victor
 


No there is a supposed gay agenda. I don;t know what it's aim is meant to be. I think its just how people that are anti gay compell others to be anti gay.

If they imply some sort of malicious agenda then it validates their primal logic.


Sort of like Im sure Hitler claimed the jews had an agenda (not remotely comparing this to the holocaust but rather propaganda tactics)

or the Socialist agenda
or the Communist agenda.
Could it not be turned around to, the gay agenda tries to complell anti gays to be pro gay? Kind of neat how you threw in equating not being pro gay is equal to communism, nazism, ans socialism.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
I'd have to say yes there is to a certain extent. Between the forced education in schools, especially when children are to youn g to even understand it yes. When it comes to gay characters being introduced in long running comics, again yes. Being popularized in the media, yes. Comparing their "struggle" to those of he civil rights era, yes. Hate crime laws, yes. Special rights instead of equal rights, yes. Intruding in others lives illegally by publishing their home addys etc, yes.The list goes on and on. Now, I don't feel like all homosexuals are like this, nor have an agenda, is there one in place? I'd say definitely in the entertainment industry as well the political arena. Just my thoughts, let the flaming begin.


I'm not gonna flame you.

I'm just gonna ask that you provide sources for the following:

Forced Education?

Home Addys? ( I don't know what that is)

And I'm sorry but any group of people who are not being afforded equal rights, are struggling and it can be tied to the civil rights era, although not to that extreme, I would consider it a very "light" comparison, they obviously had it worse.

I'm also somewhat against hate crime laws just because anybody should be covered under the law for being assaulted, regardless of why it happened. So it makes no sense to have "hate" laws, cause all violence is hate.

The entertainment industry, sure I can admit that there seems to be an influx of gays, however this could be attributed to the rise in acceptance of homosexuality and so therefore there are just more succesfull gay celebrities.

Politics, I disagree though, I don't see any really "open" gay politicians who are a the forefront of any movement.

Just look what happened to poor Harvey Milk..

~Keeper

[edit on 7/10/2010 by tothetenthpower]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


As far as politics, I simply meant being pro gay to garner the vote then forgetting about it, That ruse has been used quite frequenty, and yet it still gets fallen for. As far as the home addy's....publishing lists of addresses of people who support a proposition a group doesn't agree with, not really ethical, might even be considered voter intimidation by some. As far as education, do I really have to provide links, c'mon there has been enough in the news already? I mean, I will, seems kinda redundant though. I am glad you agree about the hate crime laws.....seems ridiculous to me.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed
 


Yeah the hate crime laws are ridiculous.

For the voter thing, I agree, it's a form of voter intimidation, although from what I read they were posting lists of religious institutions who had provided tons of money for campaigning against equal rights.

Education, I just don't see the connection, I haven't read anything in the news that they've been teaching "gay" to school children, other than perhaps anti-bullying with the gay acceptance tied in, which I don't really agree with either as anti-bullying should encompass all of that.

Also the pro gay stance of politicians is a ruse ofcourse, but that could be said for any other thing, such as pro union or pro military or pro Israel.

Just another shenanigan to one up the opposition.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/10/2010 by tothetenthpower]




top topics



 
7
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join