It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can you name 3 honest politicians?

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
zachi's thread Nominations Please - Your MOST Tainted Public Official and the responses he got made me wonder; Can anyone name just three honest politicians in the House of Representatives or even just one in the Senate?

I want to know if we can name 3 people CURRENTLY SERVING who aren't corrupt.

The only one I can think of is Ron Paul. Other than that, I got nothing.


Are our representatives really that bad that we can't even come up with a list of three of them who aren't hopelessly corrupt?



edit to add: Those of you from outside the US, feel free to list 3 people currently serving in your government who you think aren't corrupt.


[edit on 7/9/10 by FortAnthem]




posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
these folks have proven themselves the hard way IMHO
Ron Paul
George Galloway
Cynthia McKinney
though they don't fit your whole criteria it was the best I could do

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Danbones]



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Curly, Larry and Moe



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
these folks have proven themselves the hard way IMHO
Ron Paul
George Galloway
Cynthia McKinney
though they don't fit your whole criteria it was the best I could do



Yeah, it's gonna be really tough.

I was hoping for 3 current members of Congress or the Senate.


People from other countries can participate by naming 3 current good ones in their parliments as well.

I'll go back and change the OP to be more clear.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


I feel Privileged to be the first to S and F your thread.

You thought of the only person, I can't think of any.
I was going with Ross Perot, but I don't believe he was in the House of Representatives.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by guohua]



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No...

But I can better sum up the situation through a picture.








posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I actually know someone who ran for governor of my state that was a good and honest man. Unfortunately, he got less than 2% of the vote in the primaries....maybe he would have won if he was more of a whore.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Curly, Larry and Moe


or Manny, Moe and Jack


I like Ventura but he isnt currently involved



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
People get the government they deserve. Keep looking to "leaders" to lead, and they will surely lead you to your slaughter.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Pulling a total blank on this one,
I think we ALL have our circles and our sins within them,
it's to what extent and level of harm we operate consistantly at that counts.
How can we expect perfection when we cant deliver it ourselves.
People went nuts over JFK and he wasnt captain purity.
They loved Arkansassy Bill and he couldnt keep his loyalty to that thing he married either.( she curls my toes in the worst way)
It's a hard long stare in the mirror that's a good yard stick to throw up against another man when you start measuring values.

Damn shame of it is there's a document already set in place that spans ages and timely influence that when followed makes running this country idiot proof, Too bad they dont adhere to it a little better.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trader52
Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

Ron Paul ... I agree with !!!
Kucinich??? ........ well
I believe he's been tainted
as of the Obamacare bill.
He changed his vote FOR.
That was a no-no.
I don't trust him anymore.

As far as 3 .....
I don't think there are 3
currently serving in DC.




[edit on 9-7-2010 by boondock-saint]



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Pulling a total blank on this one,
I think we ALL have our circles and our sins within them,
it's to what extent and level of harm we operate consistantly at that counts.
How can we expect perfection when we cant deliver it ourselves.
People went nuts over JFK and he wasnt captain purity.
They loved Arkansassy Bill and he couldnt keep his loyalty to that thing he married either.( she curls my toes in the worst way)
It's a hard long stare in the mirror that's a good yard stick to throw up against another man when you start measuring values.

Damn shame of it is there's a document already set in place that spans ages and timely influence that when followed makes running this country idiot proof, Too bad they dont adhere to it a little better.


as far as perfection
I don't ask they be perfect
just honest.

We all make mistakes
as is human to err
but to lie about it
on top of that
is worse



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


Oh I'm with you 100% on the expectations, but these people we elect, they get in there, and theyre "removed" from the people they are suppose to be representing.
The geography seperates them, the system and access seperates them, the lobby lurkers side up to them and make offers, gain access, create "situations" in their personal lives, hold things over their heads, and the next thing you know, corrupt homegrown politician ripe for the picking.
I believe if we survive this massive test of government structure and substance that this country is going through right now, it will be due to the people finally getting off their collective ass, and crawling up their representatives spine and participating in getting the country they desire.
We can see what inaction does.
We can look for honest politicians all day and night, but if were not there to tell them what WE WANT,
we're going to get what WE DESERVE.




[edit on 9-7-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ron Paul gets my vote here folks... Jessie V was honest as well IMO



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow, it looks like we're drawing a collective blank here.

The best list so far was still 1 name short.

I didn't think asking for 3 was too much.

How about the Senate? Can we think of just one guy in there who isn't corrupt?


If we don't think of something, the mods might dump this in the "Hoax" forum just for using the words "honest" and politician" in the same sentence.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


Senate,
wow now youre really stretching for high fruit.
Sherrod Brown from Ohio comes to mind, I dont think he's too tainted.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


Senate,
wow now youre really stretching for high fruit.
Sherrod Brown from Ohio comes to mind, I dont think he's too tainted.




Good one.


He's a liberal Dem but at least he's honest about what he stands for and I couldn't find any dirt in the quick search I did on him.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


LOL!!!
You ask for an oxymoron.
I know smart dumb people.
I saw this fat skinny girl.
I love imaginationland.



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


Keith McCall. D-PA was a very honest man.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join