It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin leaps from tank in 'escape bid'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Dolphin leaps from tank

news.ninemsn.com.au

Shocking video has emerged of the moment an aquarium dolphin leapt out of its tank in a seemingly desperate attempt to escape captivity. The dolphin, from the Churaumi Aquarium in Okinawa, Japan, made the dive onto the floor outside its tank during a performance, the Daily Mail reports. A US tourist captured the moment on camera and the footage shows aquarium staff rushing to wrap Kuru in a mat before lifting it back into the water with a crane.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2010 by galactictuan]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Amazing! Maybe it's better if it stayed... seeing as though it is in Japan after all.... Maybe this dolphin wants to be FREEE to go and help out it's brothers in the Gulf. Maybe the time of captive dolphins is over... they are the most intelligent creatures on this planet after all. FREE WILLY!!!!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This part here from your source , Op, is disturbing news to me...

"Keeping dolphins in concrete tanks was cruel because it deprived them of their sensory skills and bombarded them with strange sounds, he said"

Did you know that? I didn't. The poor creature was trying get free from his prison without a doubt.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
painful to watch. not the physical pain of the dolphin but mental pain to make it do that.

? some monkeys in china tried to escape.
do you think the animals know some thing we dont?

( Dolphin) "so long and thank you for all the Fish. bye bye"

[edit on 9-7-2010 by buddha]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
painful to watch. not the physical pain of the dolphin but mental pain to make it do that.

do you think the animals know some thing we dont?

( Dolphin) "so long and thank you for all the Fish. bye bye"

Yeah, I didn't even realise that. Something's up.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
maybe word has been getting round about the escaped monkeys to the sea...even they are getting it..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think we better set the animals free. There may be a grave disaster upon the locations of said escapes. The forces cannot be stopped. My bad: No need to spread fear - run for your lives!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Reminds me of the whale attacking its trainer not long ago.

People said that it's common for this stuff to happen when something happens with the solar cycle, and that there could be major earthquakes in the near future.

And then the haiti quake happened...

This July 11 is a major day for the solar system . . .

[edit on 10-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Something about the part where the other dolphins were together just watching the scene in a manner I swear conveyed a sense of worry. Fascinating.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I've been to that aquarium and no doubt seen that particular "dolphin" before. Not the best aquarium I've been to but it's pretty nice - plus they have a huge indoor tank with several whale sharks in it.

I'm undecided whether this particular dolphin was trying to make an escape or just miscalculated where the edge of the tank was. As an avid fishkeeper (I have 8 tanks in my house, both marine and freshwater), I know that fish will leap out of the water on occasion, particularly if frightened. Then again, I have a tank of killifish who will eagerly jump into the air when I feed them in an attempt to be first to get the food and end up flopping on the floor (usually at the same time, I drop the food in a hurried attempt to catch the slippery bugger). In this case, only the dolphin here really knows why this happened.

I think the more interesting aspect of this story is the way that the other dolphins came over to watch what was happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

FreeWilly was a movie based on a killer whale, not a dolphin...

2nd line

[edit on 10-7-2010 by agentofchaos]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
reply to post by galactictuan

FreeWilly was a movie based on a killer whale, not a dolphin...

2nd line

[edit on 10-7-2010 by agentofchaos]

LMAO! I only realised that after I posted. Dolphins... whales.... same thing really....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

Actually, those monkeys were also in Japan, in the Aichi Prefecture.

ATS: Monkeys use trees to catapault themselves out of Japanese laboratory

top topics

join