It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Gunman Moat dead, police sources say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Gunman Moat dead, police sources say

news.bbc.co.uk...

Fugitive gunman Raoul Moat has died after apparently shooting himself following a six-hour stand-off with armed officers, police sources say.

Police said earlier that "no shots were fired by police officers" and no officers were hurt in the incident.

Moat was taken to hospital in Newcastle, but sources told the BBC later that he had died.

Police had been negotiating with him close to a river in the town of Rothbury after a week-long manhunt.

BBC producer Claire Kendall said she heard two shots fired.

Eyewitness Peter Abiston, whose house overlooks the scene of the incident, told the BBC: "There's been a shooting. Paramedics have gone into him.

"From what I can see he shot himself. He lay down and shot himself.
Raoul Moat lying on the ground in Rothbury, Northumberland Moat was earlier seen pointing a gun at his own neck

"I think there was two, but there was certainly one shot."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
One of the Sunday papers, ran with the story that the police wouldn't let his brother help with the negotiations before he shot himself. Maybe, if he had been allowed to talk with him, Moat would still be alive and locked up in a mental hospital where he belongs. There was obviously something mentally wrong with, there's no doubt about it especially when you look at what he said just before he shot himself, "I've no dad, no one cares about me". These are not words of a sane man. However, thankfully the situation is now over before more innocent people got injured or killed.

join