It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin leaps from tank 'in escape bid'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
When I noticed the ocean in the background I thought that maybe it's image was the catalyst, part instinct to survive, correctly, and part personal reflection of the future, of staying in there when the ocean is right there. I don't know but I feel like this dolphin is a kindred spirit.

Oh I see what you are saying.
I suppose it is a possibility.
They are very magical creatures.

I was really just going off the title and the article.

The article says that Dolphin activist Ric O'Barry believes the Dolphin was attempting to commit suicide.

I guess we'll never really know for certain.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
these dolphins are actually the lucky ones that have been spared a horrific death.

As shown in the movie.. Cove.., that Grey magic and safteynet mentioned earlier.

Each year in Taiji, 2,500 dolphins are slaughtered; 13,000 altogether including further north. This brutal slaughter,the largest dolphin kill in the world,goes on for six months every year,from October trough April !!!

Dolphins are driven into coves by fishing boats using Sonar to disorientate them then the killing begins

Many dolphins are sliced,hacked in the water,some are injured and transported per car (ALIVE) to slaughter houses to be sliced in their neck,belly while consious and dies a slowly painfull death.

The dead dolphins end up in meat markets,supermarkets,restaurants,as furtilizer or are produced as a by product in cat/dog food !!!

www.care2.com...

We should be ashamed..Most Japanese don't seem so worried.

Japanese fury over dolphin-slaughter doco Dozens of nationalist protesters have confronted movie-goers in Tokyo amid anger about a documentary which chronicles the slaughter of dolphins in a western Japanese village.

A handful of Tokyo cinemas are screening the Oscar-winning documentary The Cove, which includes graphic footage of dolphins being herded into shallow water near the village of Taiji.

Some of the mammals are kept alive to be handed over to aquariums, while the rest are harpooned.

Many theatre operators decided not to screen the film amid the threat of protests from right-wing demonstrators, who accuse the filmmakers of being "anti-Japanese" and of poisoning Japanese minds.

But not everyone bowed to the threats.

Some have decided to confront a subject few in Japan know anything about.

"The killing and eating of dolphins is happening in this country," movie-goer Tetsushi Matsuoka said.

"But most Japanese don't know much about it. This is why I've come to see this film."

While some like Mr Matsuoka came to see The Cove, others had come to stop movie-goers from watching it.

Several dozen nationalists waved banners and screamed through loudspeakers outside a theatre in the Tokyo district of Shibuya.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.abc.net.au...

Time for change.. the brutal way these creatures are handled is appalling

Peace

Ocker

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here is a interesting video a friend shared with me

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the post.

That dolphin is determined to return to paradise no matter what it takes. He's got nothing to lose any more.

Instead of this:

He's rolling around in glass of water to satisfy our boredom and feed our profound spiritual corruption, always hungry for life of pure beings.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Any official sources of those facts?

If true, unsurprising. Consider we voluntarily live in captivity and literally live just over half our true life spans in miserable annoyance.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

well, I just hope he and his buddies don't end up in the crapper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
καὶ ἀπέθανεν τὸ τρίτον τῶν κτισμάτων τῶν ἐν τῇ θαλάσσῃ, τὰ ἔχοντα ψυχάς, καὶ τὸ τρίτον τῶν πλοίων διεφθάρησαν.

and died the third part of the buildings Now the sea communion in those having souls and the third part of ships were destroyed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Dolphins are both 3rd density entities just like Humans, they are direct descendants of a certain faction of Atlanteans.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Quote from article.

Dolphin activist Ric O'Barry, who was sent the footage, told the Daily Mail the case highlighted how animals suffered in captivity.

"The habitat of that false killer whale is so unnatural it leapt out in desperation."

"It wanted to end it. Why does a person jump out of a building."

Gotta love people trying to equate human thought processes to other animal species.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The average lifespans and the infant mortality rates of the captive creatures compared to wild ones is more than enough to go on. No anthropomorphism required. How hard would it be to boycott places like this, can we truly not live without it? It makes me never want to visit a zoo or aquarium again. If you are willing to pay to go to seaworld, really a natural "Swim with the dolphins" or manatee trip is not going to cost any extra, and then you get to see them in the wild.

It's really not that big of a leap to say humanity should be past zoos and aquariums like this. We simply don't need these places in the world. If you want nature, visit nature. Don't put it in a cage, once you do, it's no longer the same anyway.

And we don't need the government to make laws about this, we just need to as a society turn our noses up at these prisons for animals and let them go bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
They should have used a tree to catapult themselves out.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Poor dolphin just wanted out of that nasty tank. It's a cry for help.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
NO animal should be imprisoned in a cage or a tank it's very barbaric.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
I hate hate hate seeing animals suffer for our amusement. I don't know what to say other than that. I wish there was something I could do to help. The only thing I can think of is not going to places like this at all, at least deny them of my cash, if that will make any difference at all.

Hey OP, do you know when this occured? Wasn't there a popular thread about monkeys trying to escape out of a lab a couple of days ago in china somewhere? What I'm getting at is could these be signs of an impending disaster, such as a large earthquake, or a tsunami, or both, or something else entirely?

You know Hatcookie, I don't get why anyone else has responded to you post, or even thought of this as well. This was the first thing that occurred to my mind when I saw this post. Animals have a great sense of the planets reactions and act accordingly. I mean we all have seen the phenomenon that of wild predators and they prey running away from disaster. Its a shame I don't know what this is called or where to find it, but im sure all of you have seen this occurrence on Tv or some sort of tube.

and yes, what is the date of this dolphin escape. and of the monkey escape for that matter, if the dates match up we can very well have a conspiracy on our hands

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Thank you, Ocker, for this thread. I love dolphins and I wish more people were aware of their tragic plight at the hands of stupid humans!!!

If only we could understand their language!!!

One of the things that has driven me wild about the Gulf oil spill is the horrific deaths of countless dolphins from Corexit poisoning!!!

I am ashamed of my species.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

It's really not that big of a leap to say humanity should be past zoos and aquariums like this. We simply don't need these places in the world. If you want nature, visit nature. Don't put it in a cage, once you do, it's no longer the same anyway.

And we don't need the government to make laws about this, we just need to as a society turn our noses up at these prisons for animals and let them go bankrupt.

Well said! I'm sick and tired of people who defend zoos even when they don't know why. To them, it's a nostalgic thing that they enjoyed as a child. All good times, right? Even I had a good time at the zoo, even though I realized that many of the animals must hate being in captivity.

The monkey cages... Abominable! they get two fake trees to climb on, with WALLPAPER that resembles - vaguely - their natural forest habitat. And zookeepers wonder why they throw feces at the public. All the animals - even the reptiles - seem worn, tired, and waiting for death.

Boycott these places. Damn straight. Everyone should probably watch The Cove if they haven't already. We can make a difference.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Personally, I think were missing something here. If I remember right, there was a thread here awhile ago about monkey's escaping from a lab and I think that was from Japan too. Could these animals be picking up on something about to happen?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Perhaps. But considering its friends were by its looking confused, he's either more sensitive or more desiring of freedom.

BTW, did anyone else notice that? All its friends gathered around in the tank, like comforting or something.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie

Originally posted by safteynet
if there is justice in the universe I hope the executives and trainers are there swimming in circles for others injoyment.

My thoughts exactly. I guess I should watch this video, (the cove it was called?) but from what I hear, I don't know if I can stomach it.

Hatcookie, I saw the slaughter scene from "The Cove" and I cried & cried.
It's intense. Huckabee aired it on his show (Fox Channel) and interviewed the filmmaker. I don't know if I'm strong enough to watch the whole movie.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's so easy to explain. This is one of those "extreme" dolphins that has a sick need to entertain itself by engaging in risky behaviors like helicopter skiing or base jumping or cliff scaling or skydiving. And just like the dumb@ss humans do, got itself into a position it could not get itself out of causing innocent and well meaning people to have to get involved, and risk their lives, to save the idiot.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join