It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard: Most Texas tar balls not from spill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
On Monday they said the oil on Texas coast WAS from the oil spill, now they say it is not. whats the deal here? we have been lied to so many time about this whole thing , I do not even know what to believe anymore.

TEXAS CITY, Texas – Coastal officials in Texas now say that new laboratory tests show most of the tar balls that have washed up on Texas shores in the past few days are not from the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

news.yahoo.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Truncated Link Of Great Length.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In the same article :

...more testing will be done to try to find out where the tar balls came from. He says it may be from another leak or naturally occurring seepages from the seabed.

Seriously dude??? your lie is SOOOOOO big that my eyes are bleeding !

From where it can come from do you think ??? the worst part is the majority of the sheep will believe in that crap !

Its like saying that about tchernobyl :

- Yes we blew up the nuclear plant, why?
- The radiations ?
- NO, its not coming from us...it must be from a natural source bla bla bla...
- More testing will be done and we tell you a fairytale later...

*SNIP*

Wake UP !!!

[edit on 9/7/2010 by B3lz3buth]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would say part of the tar balls are coming off of all the tankers in the
gulf. We used to get them all the time in Florida from tankers passing
under the Keys.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not from Deepwater huh? Hmmm, the tarballs must must have arrived on the beach on the inside of space-borne meteorite's, which disintegrated upon impact, thus heavily implicating BP.

Now lets see what story they come up with and see if it tops mine.

(sigh)I guess they think our ignorance know no bounds.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
well, i suppose it could be from one of the 27,000 abandoned oil wells in the gulf all247news.com... but yeah, i doubt it.

And why would they 1st say they didn't know for sure if it was from the BP spill, then they said it was, and now it is not.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Please, I am very interested in your reply. Are you saying that these tankers are dripping this stuff off their sides or holds are leaking? Please help me and explain your comment !

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If their not from the oil spill this year, were they there last year? Sounds like somebody is trying to do some damage control.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Anyone who has lived on the coast knows that tar balls do indeed wash up quite consistently from offshore rigs, tankers, and even natural seeps.

Now, i am NOT saying i agree with the officials claim. Just saying it is plausible.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Baffles me as to how they can tell. Does the oil have a signature like uranium?

Here's a Tar Ball from Texas too.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thats why a like ATS : always learning something new.

I didn't know about that thanks

I would say part of the tar balls are coming off of all the tankers in the gulf. We used to get them all the time in Florida from tankers passing under the Keys.

And

it could be from one of the 27,000 abandoned oil wells in the gulf

Did you know how the oil escape from tankers ? and i assuming its big quantities if we can find balls miles aways.

Its mind blowing, 27 000 scrapward that rust and pollute and nobody knows.

You made me think and yes some part can come from others places like thoses, its true that we have to moderate a little, not every traces of oil found around the world come from BP.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree. Have they explained how they are able to discern as to the source of the 'tar ball'?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

The source of the tar balls remains unknown at this time. Tar balls often wash up on the shores of Florida from cruise ships, oil tankers and other vessels that sometimes flush their almost-empty fuel tanks to clean them for another load.

"Since we're so close to the shipping lanes and the Gulf Stream ships pass 24 hours a day, it's not uncommon for us to get those on the beaches occasionally," Cates said.

cbs4.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
we have been lied to so many time about this whole thing , I do not even know what to believe anymore.

This is the problem. We really don't know what the hell is going on. I hate being fooled so I've decided not to come to any conclusions about this "disaster", "blowout", "spill" etc.... I know for certain that there's scheming going on... and those that are scheming are not stupid... they've been fooling people for a long time, including myself, so for me to take their word about anything would prove to be folly.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

The tar balls could be coming from the well, they could not be coming from the well... we don't know. What do we really know? Nothing!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Baffles me as to how they can tell. Does the oil have a signature like uranium?

Here's a Tar Ball from Texas too.

Yes, oil does have a signature. I heard today on the radio that the first test they did showed there was not Corexit in any of the samples. More testing showed 'other" differences as well.
This is big secret they want to keep hidden. They have other wells leaking. Who knows how many wells are leaking.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i can see just about every foreign ship and likely a number of fishing boats even close to the blowout using it as a cover to pump there engine room bilges and any dumping other waste oil.

Out on the west coast there is a zone about 200 to 300 miles off the coast that ships from Asia dump oil and other things.before they enter and after they leave US ports.

In the pacific ocean Chinese tankers have been seen heading to the middle east dumping hazardous waste for days.
They ballast down with waste and pump it in the ocean replacing it with sea water.
Then replace it with oil for the return trip.

Do you think tankers going to and from Venezuela and Europe always legally dump there waste. not likely.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Why do any of you bother with the distraction?
Does it matter?
Now this will take up necessary brainpower to figure out when we can never truly know if they were or weren’t.
This Codpiece is just to cover the other stories and get you to chase a shadow.
Plus there can be no more reports from the gulf anyway so all news is to be expected to be a lie by default.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

That had never occurred to me before, although I am sure you are correct. I guess I just was naive about my idea of humanity.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

ha, a lie by default.. i liked that

but the reason i 'waste necessary brainpower' is because it is affects my state.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Point on the other wells leaking taken. I guess they're pretty sure that somehow every drop escaping from Deepwater is being thoroughly coated or absorbed by Corexit then,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join