It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Homeland Security/KBR camps for Illegal Immigrants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
On KBR's own website:

"January 24, 2006 - KBR announced today that its Government and Infrastructure division has been awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to support the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facilities in the event of an emergency. KBR is the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton (NYSE:HAL)."

www.kbr.com... -services/

I thought it was interesting because it specifically states 'immigration' and 'customs' for infrastructure in the event of an emergency. Could this be anything other than illegal Mexicans?

Perhaps it is just a cover, who knows maybe it's for all Americans, but if so, why would they not use something less sensitive than Immigration? Obviously that ought to raise some red flags in the Immigration issue, don't you think? Illegal immigrants are more or less being sheltered from the law, with the federal government trying to prevent Arizona from taking action, but maybe it is because the federal government has plans of their own?

And if these infrastructures are just for emergency, even something like a BP evacuation, which hasn't happened yet nor do I think they will evacuate, but even if it were for something like that, why attach the label of Immigration and Customs to it?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

No, their for genocide, no their for rebels, their for bid flu, swine flu, forced vaccinations of both bird and swine flu, christians..

Who else have they been reported for on ATS?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
FEMA camps will not be used for illegal aliens. Obama will be giving BLANKET immunity making everyone a citizen. That's to ensure his next election!!LOL

The camps are for those that disagree.....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So the camps are for over 50% of the population??? That's a lot.

And why are the camps for people who disagree with Obama? And disagree with him on what? The camps have "been around" since before the guy even became a US Senator.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
On KBR's own website:

"January 24, 2006 - KBR announced today that its Government and Infrastructure division has been awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to support the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facilities in the event of an emergency. KBR is the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton (NYSE:HAL)."

www.kbr.com... -services/

I thought it was interesting because it specifically states 'immigration' and 'customs' for infrastructure in the event of an emergency. Could this be anything other than illegal Mexicans?

Perhaps it is just a cover, who knows maybe it's for all Americans, but if so, why would they not use something less sensitive than Immigration? Obviously that ought to raise some red flags in the Immigration issue, don't you think? Illegal immigrants are more or less being sheltered from the law, with the federal government trying to prevent Arizona from taking action, but maybe it is because the federal government has plans of their own?

And if these infrastructures are just for emergency, even something like a BP evacuation, which hasn't happened yet nor do I think they will evacuate, but even if it were for something like that, why attach the label of Immigration and Customs to it?

My guess is that it is not only for illegals, but for anyone who they wish to see go in it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They are either 1) for immigrants, 2) not for immigrants, or for 3) some immigrants.

1) and 3) would mean that the federal government does not want Arizona or any other state officials to deport immigrants because they instead want to hold them in the KBR camps for some purpose.

2) would mean it has nothing to do with immigration and thus there is no reason the Immigration and Customs department should be involved.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't think we'll ever know for sure, unless we run into someone that's been in one... and what are the chances of that with the "indefinite" clause?

The camps are for whoever they want to put in there. I'm sure the camps will be a lucrative fast paced business once it starts. Follow the money...

But how will we know when it starts unless it's on the news, and If they broadcast something like that then they will attach a label called... "public safety."

They are locked up for the safety of the public!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
libertyforlife.com...

385 million over a 5 year term. If it started in 2006, it will go until 2013 before the contract is up.

The link says:

The contract provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the United States, or to support the rapid development of new programs.

The 'new programs' could be anything, but this doesn't even say it is for a natural emergency, only an emergency influx of immigrants. Could this be referring to anything other than Mexican immigrants?

I am wondering why KBR has been given a contract that goes against the Obama administration's protection of immigrants. Unless these detention camps are to protect immigrants from an angry American public.

So, either these are for immigrant's protection in the event of a civil dispute, or for a nefarious purpose, or KBR is going contrary to the Obama administration.

I suppose if you trusted what the government and corporations said, including KBR, it would be concluded that these camps are for an emergency influx of immigrants. So, when will that happen? Would they really spend 385 million dollars on the chance that there will be an immigration emergency? Why would they specifically label this as an immigration issue and not just a FEMA issue?

So, I guess there is a FEMA camp for Americans, and a Homeland Security camp for Immigrants. I guess that's a smart thing to do, separate two potentially hostile groups of people. But either way Homeland Security is spending 385 million dollars on detention camps for illegal immigrants, but not because they are illegal, just in case there is some type of emergency of immigration. Hmm....sounds odd.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

As has been proven a million times, the FEMA "camps" are openly stated as being for the following...

1. Regional base in the event of a public emergency/disaster
2. Temporary housing in the event of above
3. Relocation and management in the event of above
4. Distribution of supplies and resources in event of above

All reliable evidence seen suggests that this is the case.
While all evidence suggesting they are for anything else has been repeatedly debunked and the reporters of such falsehoods proven to be either unbalanced, paranoid, lacking in any fact, or simply trying to create a little drama in their pathetic little world.

There is nothing sinister about them. If they were not in place you'd all be screaming that your government hadn't planned for something when it happens!

Believe it or not, I am as much against big government as the majority on here, and I do believe they are ineffective, incapable and wholly corrupt and self-serving. But we shouldn't allow our deep distrust of such a government to corrupt the truth when it is plain as day to see.

They are not "death camps" and they are not "prison camps", to suggest that they are while denying that FEMA has a clear mandate to manage emergencies as effectively as possible is nonsensical at best.

I know, it's boring and mundane to think they are actually doing what they are supposed to do instead of planning to imprison whole populations (or even arbitrarily execute them!) but life is sometimes boring.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

So, why does the Homeland Security/KBR camps specifically say it is for immigration, which is not on your list.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I could not have said it any better.

After all the political rhetoric there is within the civil service of the government agencies,competent people doing their jobs.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So, why does the Homeland Security/KBR camps specifically say it is for immigration, which is not on your list.

None of this has anything to do with FEMA camps. It is a contract to build new camps, not use old ones.

edit: Managed to make the link work, currently reviewing.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Miraj]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

None of this has anything to do with FEMA camps. It is a contract to build new camps, not use old ones.

edit: Managed to make the link work, currently reviewing.

ah, I noticed you retracted your statement. The first link does not work, so here is a quote

Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to support the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facilities in the event of an emergency.

this is Homeland Security, not FEMA (if I could change the thread title, I would. Edit: I did). It specifically states "immigration"

the link is not transferring, but if you press "quote" and use the exact web address you'll find it on the KBR page

I'll do it without the hyperlink since that is not working

http:// www.kbr.com/newsroom/press-releases/2006/01/24/kbr-awarded-us-department-of-homeland-security-contingency-support-project-for-emergency-support-servic es/

Remove the space before the www and fix the word services at the end and this should work. It says "Immigration and Customs"

If you "quote" my post, and copy and paste the link, it'll take you to the KBR page. I don't know why the link is not working, but the document only verifies what the KBR website already says, so if you think the document is a hoax, go to the source.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
also, I am not fear mongering, I'm asking a specific question: Why would KBR be creating infrastructure for Immigration and Customs department, contracted by Homeland Security?

Please answer that question without bringing up whether or not FEMA camps are crazy conspiracy theories.

I've said it multiple times already, if I could change the title to "Homeland Security/KBR camps" instead of FEMA camps, I would.

edit: I changed the title since the KBR website does not mention FEMA, only Homeland Security.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
if anyone is having problems with the link, let me know, for some reason it is unusually hard to get this website across, but my question still stands: why are these emergency centers specifically contracted to support the Immigration/Customs department. Wouldn't this be going against the federal government's view of open boarders?

top topics

join