It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth: Evidence of FantasyLand (Must See !)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen any pics of this. Actually I hadn't even heard of this until now. Absolutely breathtaking. I'd love to see them in person.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It looks like the National Geographic did a documentary on this.
Check this out~

CLICK HERE

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
=
=

Wow - everyone enjoys seeing quality and craftsmanship, the likes only Creation can reveal!

Glad that most here are enjoying the view. I am an ametuer geologist, and have the wide viewed sense of knowing my rocks and where to locate them. I possess a rather large gem and mineral collection, which possesses a Selenite Crystal from the Chihuahua mines!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42405ca6e91f.jpg[/atsimg]

This isn't my crystal, but this image gives you an idea of what it looks like. Mine actually has four points, and forms what's known as spar. A quadralateral dos eduis formation, if you will... =
=

These rock formations have been forming for tens of thousands of years within these caverns. If it were not for the fact that the magma batholith formed underneath it these formations would instead look like regular caverns - flow stone, dripstone, and rock curtains. The minerals that make up these crystals are in fact closely related to the same minerals that form speleosphereic formations, namely Calcite, Limestone, Rhyolite, Traverine and Onyx... all of which are the mineral composition that make up what we call Stalagmites and Stalagtites.

They ARE NOT made of quartz... unfortunately, lol, as I too am familiar with the all powerful quartz crystal. If we discovered a Quartz Crystal Cavern of this magnitude, you can bet your bottom dollar you may never hear of it. The owner of that place would survey it for trace gems such as Tourmalines and Corundrums (ruby, saphire, emerald, garnet, tanzanite, topaz, citrene, amethyst, olivine, and beryl) as well as for precious metals like Gold, Copper, Silver, and Platimun / Rhodium / Paladium.

These formations are pure gypsum, also known as Selenite. The rock itself has a hardness on the Mohs of around a 4 to 5, whereas quartz based materials and other silicates have a hardness of 7. Selenite also has sort of a plastic like feel to them, and the crystals are delicate and will bend, just like soft plastic. It's a good thing the crystals in these caverns were as solid and as big as they were - for these people to be walking around on them

I can however state that these caverns, if left untouched for another ten thousand years or so would have been transformed into quartz - as the heat and pressure from the batholith would have caused the minerals to lose more of the hydrolic elements they are still composed of, packing them into denser forms, altering their elemental axis with the forced insertion of additional electrons into the atomic structures via increased pressures.

Pressurize the chamber even more and you would start seeing minerals develope alongside the quartz such as the ones I mentioned above, which begin to form a hardness of 8 to 9, ultimately with diamond having a hardness of 10. Aqua Marines and Topaz can get as hard as 9 mohs.

That being said, I hope this gives you a little more insight about this find. I know where there is a location here in the United States where crystals similar to these have been found, however the mine is owned by a friend of mine and it is securely locked lol... I have specimens of selenite from that mine too.

The best mines I've been to however are the ones located on the Pala Indian Reservation near San Diego California, in an area located just outside of Temecula, near Lake Elsinor. The Pegmatites there are absolutely gorgeous! even pulled a 438 karat Rubelite tourmaline out of the main mine, that is before the owner stopped giving tours due to insurance reasons. I also puled out an 8 karat tanzanite from another mine there. Definitely one of my favorite places to go lol!...

[edit on 7/10/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
All I can Say is LOL

Sorry Couldnt Help that being said and I am a mining Engineer myself.

1) Most of the underground mines where Ventilation systems are involved and when they aren't good enough you need special cooling suites as the temperature is pretty high.

2) And the other suit you are talking about with oxygen masks that is very normal where they have blasted a portion of the mine and there are toxic gases we use those suits to go and check the toxic gas levels.

3) I cant comment on the crystals as I am no geologist......................

Nice Pic OP but what you are showing is very common in underground mines

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Ashcool007]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wow!! Thank you for posting these amazing pictures!! I never could have dreamt to see crystals of that size!! It is mind boggling to try and understand how these crystals were formed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thanks OP for this find. Those pictures look awesome and I wish I could see it in person. Our world is just awesome and I hope we can continue to find things like this and stop destroying our planet!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Your post is by far better then the other post, but I'd like to point out that this has been posted here before.

AboveTopSecret

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I hate to ask, but what exactly does it all mean? Other then that there are beautiful crystals down there. Are those the kind that can be fitted for lasers(power) or are they like super vauleable or just awesome to look it and think about how cool our planet is...

What does this mean for the rest of the inside of our planet? Nothing? or Everything?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wow...s&f from me. Simply amazing pics. Just the sheer magnitude and size of those crystals leaves me speechless. Like many of you guys, the first thing that came to my mind was the Fortress of Solitude. I would love to visit this cavern. Oh me oh my.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I only was on here browsing and saw this... I actually went out of my way to log in to S+F you.... breathtaking pictures... not even in my dreams have I imagined such a place! While I do not believe it is proof of a hollow earth other than yes, there was a "cavity" in these caves, I do believe there is yet plenty of stuff in which we havent yet seen on this planet. The conditions in this cave are probably very fragile and its definately no wonder the gov sealed em off. Im sure every idiot with a pickaxe would try to take a giant crystal home with them! Great find... S+F!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007
All I can Say is LOL

Sorry Couldnt Help that being said and I am a mining Engineer myself.

1) Most of the underground mines where Ventilation systems are involved and when they aren't good enough you need special cooling suites as the temperature is pretty high.

2) And the other suit you are talking about with oxygen masks that is very normal where they have blasted a portion of the mine and there are toxic gases we use those suits to go and check the toxic gas levels.

3) I cant comment on the crystals as I am no geologist......................

Nice Pic OP but what you are showing is very common in underground mines

Thanks!

I'm a bit of an engineer myself, having been in several mining locals and deep under the earth, reveiwing consistancies and formations.

You mention that formations of this nature are common in mines, which I can agree with, only that the formations I've observed weren't in as large an open air deposit as these ones were, and instead within pockets of soft and water logged mud. Do you, being someone involved with this industry, perhaps have any pictures you'd care to share with us of some of these formations you've come accross?

I'm sure we all would love to see them, myself especially!

You also wouldn't happen to know where there are any mines left where the owners are still giving tours do you? If you do. please U2U me and give me some information, I need another tour! lol...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
now if every ounce of those crystal can power the earth for 10 years.......we'd be in a lot of trouble. no telling what weapon they can come up with to destroy the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Hey! thanks for stopping by! and for everyone else who starred and flagged me Thanks a million lol...

It's IMHO information like this that can sooth the fear and madness that all the other truths and oddities brought out here on ATS can cause. It's a mad world, and what better way to offset the madness, by bringing in a little chaos to clear the smoke!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Yeah, While creating the post's content via notepad and uploading the imagery I figured that this info may have found it's way onto ATS at one point or another. I didn't really concern myself with that however as I intended on creating this report which would include an array of imagery that I pretty much figured wasn't included in other posts... as these images didn't make it online until just recently - through the gracious propriety of the Mine Operators themselves.

I found it invigorating that the mine owners took a scientific approach towards their investigation of this wonderous location, and thought too how such an endeavor would be appreciated by the scientifically minded here on ATS.

So, my report reflects that nature, in a celebrated manner!. =
=

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
S&F for the thread,that looks like Superman's Den and He-man's world.
Got to be more places like this on our planet.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I would like to see the whole documentary, it looks great. Tell me wasn`t it on ATS that these still photograps were run through photoshop and showed to be faked. The confirmation of the staging of them was also in the article, they said something like the photographic conditions made good photography impossible, so they made them to illustrate the find. I am positive it was on ATS about a year ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
crystals form naturally in spaces in the earth's crust - they are found all over the planet. Just because these are bigger, far bigger, than normal doesn't necessarily mean they were created by some other beings, or that the earth is hollow.

Do some of you hollow earth folks have any seeming proof of the theory?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Thermo Klein]

They dont need PROOF all they need is an over active imagination and looking at posts re this they have that in bucket loads!

Also someone mentioned the crystal skulls well these crystals are gypsum not quartz like the skulls.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Amazingly gorgeous pics OP! thank you for posting these incredible structures

As to the 'rent the place out to hollywood' idea..noooo that place would be absolutely destroyed by careless celeb morons and their keepers..thankfully its a national treasure, which means protected.. i just would hope it doesnt mean protected unless the price is high enough!

lovely images for the first thread i opened of the morning

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The pictures are great and even though this isn't exactly a new discovery I wonder where is the evidence for the Hollow Earth theory in there.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Those pictures were worth seeing again. I saw a documentary on that a while back, from what I remember, the further in they go, the hotter it gets, so the guys without the orange suits couldn't go any further than they did. There was still places they couldn't get to.

Earth sure has some beautiful places.

Yep totally agree I for one could never get bored of seeing those pics. I saw the docu about 6 mnths back too. I think it was that Scottish volcanologist who was allowed in to film last year. If no one has linked to it yet perhaps someone with more time can find it on YT. Pretty sure it as the Scottish guy who did the 'ring of fire' docus. This bloke has never done a duff show.

I hadn't realized how few members knew of these wonders until someone other than the OP linked to them in a thread about beautiful places on Earth a couple of days ago.

They always make me wonder whether somewhere below with high enough pressure and temperature there are diamonds of a similar size and structure. Of course there'll likely as not be any cavern but miners could be one drill bit away from crashing the diamond Market. Assuming there'd be no mkt manipulation. Who knows maybe such a seam of diamonds has already been found and covered up

[edit on 10-7-2010 by spookfish]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join