It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Have attacked us and its on the news

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Ok. Here you go. A little back up.

With a sea of information coming at us from all directions, how do we sift out the misinformation and bogus claims, and get to the truth? Michael Shermer of Skeptic Magazine lays out a "Baloney Detection Kit," ten questions we should ask when encountering a claim.

The 10 Questions:
1. How reliable is the source of the claim?
2.Does the source make similar claims?
3. Have the claims been verified by somebody else?
4. Does this fit with the way the world works?
5. Has anyone tried to disprove the claim?
6. Where does the preponderance of evidence point?
7. Is the claimant playing by the rules of science?
8. Is the claimant providing positive evidence?
9. Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the old theory?
10. Are personal beliefs driving the claim?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I had a feeling there would be a bunch of these after the one guy posted the fake Photoshops he made.

Look, just because you can overlay text doesn't mean you're an expert. These threads are unnecessary.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Dont let it get to you , one things for sure you came out with an idea and had the balls to stick to your conviction and even admit that you were wrong when it didnt happen , and its not like your just putting it out for a hoax. like i said before you do some great threads and you have some great ideas so keep it up. But we do need to chat sometime , I found a lot of info on the sumarians on here and did some of my own research and have some great theories I'd like to run past you cause I think youd really enjoy them, and to be honest I think you could present them a lot better than I could so we shall save that for a later date but ill U2u the links when I get a chance buddy..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Alright - totally!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think this guy should be banned for starting this thread. Totally uncalled for! Isn't there enough disinformation out there and now you add your little "lesson" to the mix. Who are you to do that?

This site is about Denying Ignorance and by posting this fake thread clearly shows you need to learn and understand what that means. It also clearly shows you do not understand what this site is all about.

You're not a part of the solution you are a part of the problem. In every moment you must either define the moment or let the moment define you. Sadly this moment defined you.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I'm still learning people reactions to certain things and i have a habit of provoking people whether intentional or not.

More like a habit of throwing yourself to the lions.

You just dont get it? you junk up the UFO forum and wonder why u cop a flogging.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I think this guy should be banned for starting this thread. Totally uncalled for! Isn't there enough disinformation out there and now you add your little "lesson" to the mix. Who are you to do that?

Quoted for truth, people should take their photoshop skills to worth1000.com or some site like that and stop trolling here.

I don't appreciate it and think it's bad taste.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
OK, before we actually get to asking for blood, this thread will be closed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join