It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Have attacked us and its on the news

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't see them rushing to believe you like you say?

The 1st reply said basically "ermmm"

The next reply was sounding you out, maybe giving you the benefit of the doubt, maybe hoping you weren't messing us about like you did.
No one else after said they believed it? Which means no one said they believed it in the whole thread.

I instantly Googled your fake headline and looked for a cache etc. and saw where you possibly got the original headline or idea from as I didn't believe you so I think you proved yourself wrong on this one

Thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my life though

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

I dont troll, and i hate them. I really dont like been told am a troll.

I'm just an individual who see's people that believe anything they read everyday.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

You do realise that one can be banned for knowingly posting hoax information?

link   

it is my understanding that misleading titles are against the rules.. but its not up to me... the mods will do what they see fit.

link   

It was NOT perfectly clear at all. Nowhere did you actually state that this was a fake/hoax, nowhere. Now you have gone back and edited it because you realised how vague it was.

Even I had to read over the last two paragraphs a few times to make sure before I posted, and I'm not a moron.

Basically you screwed up

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

and there are people who think are something special until they go have a # and realize they just stink the room like everybody else

link   
Total BS..... you give enquiring minds a bad name sir!

link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I am not aware of that no but by stating in the same post as story that it was not real and that i had a point to prove. Wouldnt that absolve me from that.

I meant no harm by it i just wanted to prove a point.

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
sorry f im sort of looking distressed but what happened here hurt my feelings and i just wish i can quit visiting this site which really became a part of my life

its like when you go fishin and you catch a shoe

you know that type of news is the one we always press the recent post button for..there no bravery in what you have done and no apologies will ever be enough for me...if you like to be a hoaxer go youtubing yourself till you learn how to be a respected memeber of a social group

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ban it.

make it go away.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
sorry f im sort of looking distressed but what happened here hurt my feelings and i just wish i can quit visiting this site which really became a part of my life

its like when you go fishin and you catch a shoe

you know that type of news is the one we always press the recent post button for..there no bravery in what you have done and no apologies will ever be enough for me...if you like to be a hoaxer go youtubing yourself till you learn how to be a respected memeber of a social group

Lol. Please tell me this is sarcasm, yes?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hey hoaxer of course if we read a headline such as this with a news article and image indicating it to be real we are going to react. That's what we do here - we discuss, we investigate, debunk and seek the truth! Stop wasting our time with your garbage!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

The Fact is a knew the reprecussions that this could have on my reputation with the members of this site. But as i saw it, it just had to be done to prove a point.

I also have hoped for this kind of information all my life and that was the reason i chose this particular story.

I know sorry wont cut it to you but hopefully if anything you have learnt to be cautious.

My rep is damaged but i have achieved proving my point in my own eyes.

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

Hello Fellow ATSers,
This Thread Just Proves How easy it is to get Mislead in the alien/Ufo Forum, So i ask next time dont believe everything that you read.

Not ANOTHER one!

What is this, the UFO theme of the month?

We get it. We ALL get it.

You can be fooled into believing a story IF someone like you hoaxes it and puts it up as a fact with believable window dressing.

Guess what?

Falling for hoaxes and manipulative lies isn't just confined to the UFO community.

You can get fooled by a fake story in just about EVERY forum here. There are Political hoaxes, 9/11 hoaxes, Religious hoaxes, Fake News hoaxes, Cryptozoology hoaxes I mean...it's nothing new or surprising so why do you guys think only the UFO believers are getting fooled?

So now that we get it, can you guys please stop wasting peoples time by proving how smart you can be and how gullible you think the rest of us are.

Anyone can fall for a hoax, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

- Lee

link   

You posted false information without any indication that it was fake. You edited that info only after being called on it. You started a thread with false information knowing that people would respond unfavorably to your comments. You are a Troll. You may not like the name but you have earned it.

link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

hahahah

im high

link   
This thread is complete crap and just a poor attempt to gain stars and flags in my opinion.

I mean at least be original there was just a thread that made the EXACT same point the other day with fake UFO pictures.

I think that thread was enough we did not need another example of how easy it is to fall for fake info.

This was just in poor taste.

link   
Lets leave the lessons to the teachers mate.

I agree, lets not hoax stuff to prove "Your" points. That's what you call, egoistic.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
But the fire was not a fake, and knowing that i believed that article to be a proper BBC one.

Sky report on real fire today

Bottom line, you conned us !!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

Aliens Have attacked us and its on the news

Earlier Today i was Browsing my usual sites looking for Articles and i came across this, Now i took a snapshot as i always do for my archive. But this story has changed its been altered its no longer on the bbc site.

Heres the Snap i took

My comments
Now this is absolute proof of a coverup why has the bbc removed this and changed its story. I am very annoyed that this has been Hidden from us.

What do you all think.

Kind Regards True-seer

Hello Fellow ATSers,
This Thread Just Proves How easy it is to get Mislead in the alien/Ufo Forum, So i ask next time dont believe everything that you read.

I have a point to prove here,nearly everyone that read this believe it to be true, Just look how easy it was to make up a fake story and incidents. Let this be a Lesson. Be Skeptical always to protect yourself.

Dont Have a Go at me, I know am asking for it but i'm just trying to Prove a point to everyone here. Information is Never as it seems.

It is no way real, it is a fake story to prove my point.

EDIT TO ELABORATE ON MY POINT

[edit on 9-7-2010 by True-seer]

LMAO! you totally edited that way!! god...if people are going to post news, post some legitiment stuff, MODS please delete this thread, its clearly a faked text. The pixels are off, the fonts dont match, and the distortion in the text size clearly gives it away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join