It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

puppets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"Puppets, we are all Puppets". The puppets looked up and saw, for the first time, stretched into the dark, their strings.

One of the Puppets started to climb his strings, and as he got higher he realized the strings were becoming slack. Maybe he wasn't a puppet after all .

He looked down and shouted "We are only Puppets if we accept we are !!"

He kept climbing as the other Puppets danced, and he looked down at them. They followed each other around in circles, taking turns to lead. Then the dance would break into violence and spin the other way.

The climbing Puppet looked back up into the dark. He could see all the strings clearly moving, pulling and slaking off. He reached out and grabbed one and shook it violently, shaking one puppets head.

"You See, its the strings !" He shouted.
Suddenly the string was ripped from his hand.

The Puppet whose head he had been shaking looked around and violently attacked the current leader of the dance, ripping off his arms and then smashing his head into the floor. The other puppets stood and stared until it was over and then applauded.

The climbing Puppet felt sick. He looked up and then down. He hung there, with no direction...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks to SKL, I will post this pic he has on several threads. I added the scissors and the couple of cut strings.

Choice. To cut the strings of the marionette or not to cut the strings. That is the question.

S&F by the way OP. We cannot continue to be puppets.

edit to add-did I miss something deeper? I know I am sick of being a puppet.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thankyou endisnighe !

did you miss something deeper?

i don't know !

sometimes i feel like the puppet climbing, looking back at the puppets we have become.

do we cut our own strings and run, or climb up and cut all the strings from the source. halfway up , i get confused.

so we shake the strings? If we shake the strings, it can put people in danger.

if the puppeteer disappears, would we notice?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC
reply to post by endisnighe

sometimes i feel like the puppet climbing, looking back at the puppets we have become.

Working on my final thread. I love coming to ATS and reading, especially OP's like yours. Delve into the very reason I came to this site. Philosophic and intellectual wanderings is my bread and butter. Love to eat them.

do we cut our own strings and run, or climb up and cut all the strings from the source. halfway up , i get confused.

The strings must be cut completely to sever the connection to the puppeteer. We cannot be even slightly manipulated or controlled by outside sources, we MUST be individuals controlled by our own emotions and intellect.

so we shake the strings? If we shake the strings, it can put people in danger.

if the puppeteer disappears, would we notice?

To shake the strings may only awaken the puppeteer to our attempted escape, or it may only confuse the other marionettes. We must endeavor to sever that line of control and subjugation to our puppeteer. If not, the puppeteer will surely feel our escape.

If the marionettes seized to comply or exist, would the puppeteer notice, or have the power to reacquire their marionettes? That is my question.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yes i know what you mean about this type of discussion, i like it to.

Sometimes i feel like things just need to be broken down into simpler metaphors as we get lost in stuff that we supposed to get lost in!

I don't think the puppeteer would be able to re tie the strings, unless the puppets felt they needed the strings to support them.

every puppet would need to stand on its own two feet. maybe each puppet as you say would have to individually realise that their was a puppeteer.

If they didn't then when the strings were cut and they fell down, then it wouldn't be too hard for the puppeteer to "lend" them a helping , reinforcing that they are indeed puppets and need they puppeteer to survive.

are they only puppets at such a time that they see the strings, even if just a glimpse, and choose to ignore them ?

new topics

top topics

join