posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:50 PM
here's some additional "theories & variations" I dug up:
- some have speculated that the prints were made by a pack of unknown animals traveling together, maybe "badgers"...
- Large area covered thanks to the nearby river that was frozen over during the winter period (allowing whatever to cross over) ..
- theory of a connection between this event and the discovery of some unusual corpses of strange U-shaped toed monsters on Canvey Island a hundred
years later. (likely an urban legend tho.....no pix - some were allegedly taken)
Canvey Island Monster
- It's said that an amateur naturalist suggested that the trail had been caused by a kangaroo that might have escaped from a traveling menagerie and
later returned with no one noticing.
- Rev. Henry Fudsen, is credited with a sermon that squarely placed the blame on the paw marks of cats.
[edit on 21-6-2004 by quadricle]