It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 BIG QUESTIONS: Ghosts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi ATS! This is part of a new series of posts that I am planning called "5 big questions". Each month, I will add a new post about relevant ATS subjects, asking my 5 biggest questions on political, paranormal, UFOlogy, conspiracy and the like. If you like the idea let me know. Please add any answers or other questions that you would like to see.

1. What is the physical boundry between life and afterlife?
  2. What is a ghost made of?
  3. Why are ghosts here?
  4. What is the best way to communicate?
  5. Is a ghost a physical or phychological being?

1) What is the physical boundry between life and afterlife...
I have always been curious about this. As I am sure that everyone who studies paranormal activity is. I have seen video "evidence" of the ethereal mist of ghost as it reveals itself and heard of orbs and ectoplasms but they have never really explained the difference between here... and there...

2) What is a ghost made of?
Seems like a dumb question. If they are not skin and bone then what? I know that apparitions can effect EMF which leads me to think that they are energy. Others have described experiences of encounters where the ghost looked like you or me then disappeared. With all of the differing ghosts, seemingly made of different things, as they have appeared in different ways, it has made this my question #2.

3) Why are ghosts here?
This maybe a "why did the chicken cross the road" question... but non the less I still have to ask. Is there a larger plan behind why they are stuck on earth? Is the decision to be a ghost based upon the entities person mission? Is THIS the afterlife? Lots of questions...

4) What is the best way to communicate?
This is more of a straight forward question. EVPs and psychics seem to be the best way so far, but there have been a lot of other ideas.

5) Is a ghost a physical or phychological being?
This is kind of a nice way to ask "Are ghost really real? or are we just crazy..." Put simply, if you disagree with the validity of questions 1-4 than why do you think people imagine the presence of ghosts?

I hope that these 5 questions can start up some great conversations. I have never seen a ghost, though, my grandmother says that she talks to my grandfather all of the time and he has been dead now for 5 years. Maybe a little discussion can shed some light on the question of ghosts, and give us some answers to the larger question, what comes after we die.

CHEERS... AXIOM. (END OF LINE)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Flagged because this subject fascinates me
Coincidently today should be my Dad's birthday, he died when i was a kid and some of the things that have happened in life since than I really do wonder if he's guiding me sometimes, I'd really love to know whether this is psychological as a result of what he taught me or as an entity.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and hope someone with some psychic insight can contribute

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think you will find some answers looking up an online book titled War in Heaven by lifelong medium Kyle Griffith... It can be read online at bibliotecapleyades.net. I found this to be as yet the most intelligent and simple (as in Occam's razor) theories on astral and physical bodies over the literature of the entire planet.

According to WiH, there is one astral sphere where ghosts live and a physical sphere where we live. We each have an astral body nourished by our physical existence. The interaction between the two is severed at the moment of death. Dead spirits will have to reincarnate in a few decades or else they will die of lack of nourishment. Another choice for them (not so good) is to become a Theocrat spirit who sucks the energy away from live believers and tries to incorporate the dead into their various "heavens" (which range from devotees to cults to devotees of certain rock stars)...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In my opinion.. 1. Dimensions/Level of conciousness 2. Pure Energy 3. Most ghosts aernt actually concious beings, as we live our energy leaves an imprint, live in the same house for 80 years you leave an imprint, what many see as ghosts is just energy replaying itself over and over. 4. Imo Mediums, a lot are fake, but there are few which are incredible. 5. Ghosts are real, the real energy is on a new plane of existence, a spirit realm as it were.Energy cant be destroyed, it just changes form

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yes the energy never dies!

But in what sense?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

We are made from energy, when our physical body dies, our energy form does not, it is my belief that it just changes and moves onto a higher plane of existence. I know we live on, my grandad contacted my father and uncle through a local medium, she said my gdad said a very private nickname my gdad used to call my nan. No way could she of guessed it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

We are made from energy, when our physical body dies, our energy form does not, it is my belief that it just changes and moves onto a higher plane of existence. I know we live on, my grandad contacted my father and uncle through a local medium, she said my gdad said a very private nickname my gdad used to call my nan. No way could she of guessed it.

but is it energy in the form of knowledge they have passed down?
is their energy within ourselves or are they physically separate, the 21 grams of soul as the legend goes there as an actual entity?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by axiomuser

3. Why are ghosts here?

CHEERS... AXIOM. (END OF LINE)

If I can offer perspective from experience with working with the dead.

1/ Consider everything as a scale, much like the Spectrum that includes our vision and hearing ranges. At one end atoms are vibrating so slowly we can consider things at that end to be extremely dense.. or solid matter.

As we 'climb' up vibrations increase so that 'matter' becomes less and less dense until it disappears from our range of view or perception.

Life is within one of the lower densities, while death.. or the awareness of it can be thought of as a changing of density/vibrationary rate as the Body releases the small part or essence of the Soul.

If there is to be a boundary, then it would be the vibrationary levels between the physical and the Awakening phase once returning into what we call the Light.

2/ A ghost isn't made of anything in the sense that we understand things to be made of wood or metal for instance. It is only energetic awareness, it has no mass and so when you see one it is because you are able to perceive higher states or in other words being capable of seeing a little more of the Spectrum or scale.

3/ They are here because they as yet refuse to detach, or are not aware that they are dead and are trying to continue on as if nothing is any different. Those that try to get our attention via hauting or apparition are ones that are remembering that they died and seek assistance from us as many have forgotten what they need to do.

4/ Communication is quite simple really. If you can sense or see them then you can open communications by "thinking to them", you can think concepts, pictures and separate thoughts at them that they will pick up. At times you may need to 'show' one how to communicate using the same process of communicating with animals.. by "showing or sending" them a "movie" of what you intend from them.

5/ Not physical. I'm wavering over the use of the words, Psychological Being. It doesn't sit well. They are more like sleeping drivers who are not in the car anymore. Each can still display characteristics from the person they were in life until they begin to wake up and again become much more.

Sorry on that last one... the words of the question aren't adequate for finding a suitable and more specific answer.

It's the old, when you know what question to ask you will know the answer type of scenario.

I hope this offering goes somw way to help answering your questions.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The energy is you, your mind, thoughts, memories. When your physical self dies, your energy is released, changing into a Spirit person, you enter the higher level of existence (a place where physical material cannot see, touch or enter) you will see family, friends. Energy cant be destroyed, it has to go somewhere. Its very hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

The energy is you, your mind, thoughts, memories. When your physical self dies, your energy is released, changing into a Spirit person, you enter the higher level of existence (a place where physical material cannot see, touch or enter) you will see family, friends. Energy cant be destroyed, it has to go somewhere. Its very hard to explain.

I completely understand the theory of energy.

The energy of the body essentially goes to the food chain, but is it actually true about the 21 grams, and can you even say spiritual energy has any mass at all?

There's also the fact that man with a lot of knowledge would weigh the same as a man with little, if they were the same build, surely this in itself is a form of energy, do you see where I'm coming from?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
...In fact, according to Schrodinger's Cat, wouldn't this immeasurable energy be the most fundamental of all?

*one liner as extension to previous post*

[edit on 9-7-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Not physical. I'm wavering over the use of the words, Psychological Being. It doesn't sit well. They are more like sleeping drivers who are not in the car anymore. Each can still display characteristics from the person they were in life until they begin to wake up and again become much more.

Great reply. I think that all of your answers are valid and are understandable as you explained them. I especially like the answer to #4 as I think that it is the most straight forward view that I have read. Absolutely, perception is reality, and I think that some people have a better perception than others.

As for Q#5 your wrote:

I'm wavering over the use of the words, Psychological Being. It doesn't sit well.

I wrote this question to be an out for skeptics that believe that the people who see ghosts are creating them as a type of psychosis because they want to believe. This was just to get everyone involved in the subject. How would you have written it? Again, thanks for the response.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by axiomuser]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm wavering over the use of the words, Psychological Being. It doesn't sit well.

I wrote this question to be an out for skeptics that believe that the people who see ghosts are creating them as a type of psychosis because they want to believe. This was just to get everyone involved in the subject. How would you have written it? Again, thanks for the response.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I can understand much better why it was worded that way, although I don't know if I have an answer.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
star & flag, I like the questions, Ive dabbled in the past with trying to verify paranormal activity. The building I currently work in is haunted (at least Im pretty sure, and about two dozen other employees think so too.) are we looking to get evidence on this thread?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
#1 What is the physical boundry between life and afterlife?

As of right now that boundary is being referred to by many as the 'veil.' No one to date is quite sure exactly what it is other than it may be the 'walls' between our reality and some other parallel existence or dimension. What is known is that it is the same type of 'wall' which separates us from wherever it is that demons and angels play and cross into our plane.

#2 What is a ghost made of?

Energy. It's been shown that our bodies carry an electrical charge within them throughout our lives and literally moment after we die, that electrical charge goes away. Science has shown that energy cannot be destroyed, so logically that energy has to go somewhere. Many attribute said energy to our soul. Are we close to determining exactly what that energy is? Probably not. But it is a type of energy.

#3 Why are ghosts here?

Depends. Some are here because after they died they were shocked and didn't want to accept the fact they were dead and had no place here anymore. So, instead of moving on or following the reaper, they stuck around . . . and are still here. Some are stuck here because of the violence associated with their deaths. Some are here because there is a piece of their body or belonging which was not interred and it's link to them holds them in our reality. To answer that question, you would get a variety of responses were the ghosts able to type this message themselves.

#4 What is the best way to communicate?

Again. Depends. Some people have great success with talking boards such as Oujia and others. Some people have had success with penduluums, automatic writing and other methods. Seances are always fun and a few psychics can contact them and/or channel them.

#5 Is a ghost a physical or phychological being?

I think you meant physical or psychological. These are two different states which don't really jive. Psychological describes a mental condition whereas physical describes a state of being. The better question would be physical or non-physical (noncorporeal). To answer this also depends highly on the type of haunt, but the vast majority of ghosts, if not every single one of them are noncorporeal beings. Some of them are able to interact with physical objects such as in poltergeist situations, but if the thing actually takes physical forms, then it isn't a ghost.

I hope this information helped. It was drawn from my own experience and I'm sure others will have their own answers for you.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Perhaps another definition to your second question - What are ghosts made of?

Today, ectoplasm in ghost investigations may still be described as any unknown physical substance, such as a slime, attributed to a haunting; but mostly photographic and video evidence of mists and vapors captured during ghost investigations are being called ectoplasm. When a mist is present that cannot be attributed to moisture, fog, smoke, cigarette smoke, steam, or breathe in cold air, the vaporous cloud can usually be attributed to being a physical manifestation of spirit. Ectoplasm is also called ghost mists, ghost fog, or ghost vapors by paranormal investigators

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

3. Why are ghosts here?

i like these kinds of threads!

i am going to read your answers after i give you mine so as to keep my input purely mine and yours, yours, so that we can be sure we're getting original stuff from me. plus i like to work "blind" as it were. sometimes if the answers are the same, it could be a lead in to some good stuff!

1. the physical boundary between "this side" and "that side" is the physical body - the after life is not outside of the body but inside. it is not physically contained by the body or its aetheric lingering echo but it's more like a dimensional thing. i'm sure you know what a torus is - an inside out sphere that is, i think, a 4-D shape that is the same as the 3-D shape of the sphere. just like a black hole! but i think that black holes DO release their light, just somewhere and somehow that we don't yet understand since we cannot travel that far in space yet.

2. a ghost is made of energy like everything else. it is energy in the form of information which it seems is a brand new being-studied idea in physics right now - that energy might have 3 forms instead of the 2 we already discovered, which is pure energy and works as a force or "fuel" for the energy structure of our reality; and matter which is the "work" part of energy and moves at a much slower rate on the atomic level and therefore appears solid and overcome by inertia although it isn't, truly. we know information exists on the quantum level because of experiments such as Bell's Theorem, or "Spooky Action at a Distance," as Einstein dubbed it. so i don't think it is far-fetched at all and imo, is the only, or best, explanation for the bizarre world of "information."

3. this is their world, too. it is a dimensional difference between the realities so timespace doesn't apply, maybe.

4. the best way to communicate with any spirit is through the mind - telepathically. it is the purest possible method for "information" which has no physical substance whatsover.

5. a ghost is an energy entity - just like you and i but not like us at all!

top topics

join