It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anarchist hip hop - dark circle - (money makes the) world go square

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
hello ats

just wanted to post the video to a tune we just finished, the remix of 'world go square.'
it is a bit of a comeback, in a small way, we used to be on dj vadim's label jazz fudge and had our fair amount of 'success' until differences led us our different ways, and we all went and did our separate things. but now we're back on track, in a different way than before, and this is the first offering, at least the remix of it, by der algorhythmiker. there will hopefully be more to come.
both the vocal and instrumental versions are available for download:

vocal
www....(nolink)/file/z3mtznmldy0/world_go_square_algorhythmik_remix.mp3

instrumental
www....(nolink)/file/wn0drawi3zi/world_go_square_algorhythmik_remix_instr.mp3

so feel free to download, spread, and use as you like. all rights reversed

oh and full track credits are on the youtube page.

anyway hope you like it.
peace, not p'lice

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have to give it to yall

There I gave it to yall
I for one dont like rap, and was really expecting a diffrent vibe from the song.
I hope yall make it far and dont give up on what yall and (we) are fighting for.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

hey thanks for the thumbs! my avatar subliminals do help sometimes

what kind of vibe were you expecting? excuse the noseyness...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
yo, nae bad man, music means so much to me, and can help people get through the hardest times, nice to hear some lyrics that actually mean something.

heres one of my fave braintax tunes, very hard hitting lyrics.
keep up the good work man.(get me a dubstep or dnb remix to drop into one of my sets yeah
)

www.youtube.com...

(dnt know how to embed the vid)

Peace and much love

[edit on 9-7-2010 by apexvin]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In the town next to mine there is a Ford Expedition on 24" rims, On the back they have a graphic of earth and it says something like "Money makes the world go round, I'm gonna keep it spinning"
Sounds harmless but the guy slings dope.
I was expecting more of the club/drug vibe honestly. And was somewhat shocked to hear a actually message in a rap song. I usually fade out and dream of other things when I hear anything rap and this song kept me tuned in.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

ah, braintax! yeh man, he can be wicked. will check it out now.
the next tune in the trilogy (oh i forgot to mention that) is actually on a nasty dubstep beat, i'll post that as soon as i'm finished with the video. it's called 'bad for business'. actually i'll send you a friend thing so i can send it when the time comes, should be soon.

nice one

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

cool man, i'm very happy to hear that. at least the second part...
and thanks for the re-reply.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ahhh. nice.

too bad most people will not be exposed to this type of music. But anything helps. Thanks!

Reminds me of these white boys outta Austin called the Arab League. They are a joke, but in a funny way.
www.youtube.com...
That video is a few yrs old. and I think i heard an explicit lyric or 2.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good work boys. I'm really more of an old Queen/Mott the Hoople fan myself so this is a step above the hip hop norm. If it sounds good on a laptop then I'm gonna have to jam it through my Krk's.
Love the lyrics, the tempo. Sweet vibe. Keep rocking it

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
toolstar and asktheanimals, thanks for your comments, very encouraging to get so much positive feedback from outside the hip hop spectrum. you know, when i started in the mid nineties, hip hop was a VERY political thing in europe and i think i got a good chunk of the basis of my current thinking from other people's lyrics.

then we were excited about hearing hip hop on the radio. now look what's happened. it's become embarrassing to say you make hip hop music! gives vigilantcitizen something to do thought

but yeh, ta for your comments! and thanks for the arab boys video! had never heard of them before. great combining truth with humour. bill hicks style.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by darkcircle2009]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Most people that don't listen to hiphop always think there is no message music left out there.

But if your a true fan you know there is even more hiphop with a message than ever. The underground has come back with a vengence since 08. An the uk has always been on some classic Ish.

Pretty tight the chorus was cluttered with overbearing horns but other than that I liked it, concept was cool. I also do hiphop just haven't brought it to these boards yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

hey man glad to hear it. i've kinda lost touch with the whole scene since '05, quite intentionally, so it's good to hear that underground is back with a vengeance
i almost thought the term underground had gotten lost somewhere. everyone in it for the ego.

and do put your stuff up man always good to hear good newness....
and if you think the chorus was cluttered, you should check the original version which is FAR more basic... i made the beat at home with whatever was lying around and i am by NO means a producer

peace. not p'lice.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just wanted to let you know that although my favorite music might be Queen, I used to love rap back in the 80's - NWA/EPMD/Public Enemy/KRS1/Tupac. But then it got all commercial and dance oriented and IMO went into the toilet.
One of my favorite things about your song is the fact that the lyrics are understandable and you're not trying to impress anyone with how fast you can rap. That's something I totally don't understand, like guitarists trying to play faster and faster. Really, who cares?
Do what you're doing, keep the soul of the music first and eff what everyone else might be doing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Arab league rocks! What a great history lesson they pack. Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow, so can we remix this?

I'm interested as I currently produce Trance/Electro House style tracks but I like to try Hip-Hop every once in a while.

anyways, great job!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

once again, thank you, great feedback. and that's a nice list of acts you have there. nowadays non phixion (i think) immortal technique, dead prez, trillion from nz and others are still holding the torch.

wish i could flag you but hey! we got relegated to bts! DENY that boredom!

respect
dc09

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Falken

i have no idea of how you come to that conclusion but yeah, sure! very into the idea of open source music...
someone mentioned a site i could upload the acapella, i'll let you know as soon as i've done so.
thanks for the comment, and glad you like it

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darkcircle2009

Sorry! I'm more active on certain music producing forums, and whenever someone posts acapellas or instrumentals it means it is free for remixing, as long as the credit is given of course.

and you don't have to upload anything for me if you feel uncomfortable doing so, i just read the OP incorrectly =]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Falken]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Falken

oh s**t! hehe let's get our wires uncrossed

yeh man of course you can use whatever i put up however you want, no problem! (i was just messing around) and you can get the acapella too if you want, was going to load it up anyway, you'd probably want it if you want to do a remix i imagine...
let you know when it's up. open source is the way forward
(disguised as backward, of course.)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by darkcircle2009

Alright! if you do get the acapella will you update it here or will you u2u it to me?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join