It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White supremacist wants his swastika tattoo altered before he enters prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If you're a racist, be PROUD. Standby your beliefs and advertise your ignorance.

Killed by your own sword. Lying on the floor, a dead fool with a tattoo.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Couple of thoughts....

First off, most prisons are not the "Oz" type of environment that many people think they are. The prison isn't "split" into racial sections. Not denying the existence of racial gangs in prison, but like prison rape, the claims are overexaggerated.

For the most part, actual gangs are more of a concern. From crips to bloods, folks, to vice lords, ms 13 to latin kings. Who you know on the outside, and how you carry yourself inside largely denotes your ability to "fit in" and with whom you do the fitting in with.

I was incarcerated with a guy who had a flaming nazi symbol on his chest for about 6-7 months. Granted, this was a juvenile facility, so the chances of him getting "shanked" were pretty slim, he honestly did not face as much tension as even I thought he would when the black inmates started to find out about his tattoo. And outside of alot of poking and prodding at him, I can't recall him ever being in a fight.

The guy in the OP, who is going to prison for conspiring to kill black people, including the black president, is likely to have a rough time, regardless of any tattoos. It won't take people long to find out his crime, and surely he'll be messed with, to what extent I couldn't speculate.

Even if he were to remove the tattoo, it would surely still be somewhat visible, as anyone familiar with tattoo removal would tell you. And its also not generally a "one stop" process, it usually takes more than one sitting under the laser to remove the tattoo.

I disagree with him being able to have his tattoo removed, atleast at anyones expense than his own. If you cannot legally get a tattoo while incarcerated, he shouldn't be legally allowed to get his removed. Much like his crime, its a decision he made. Now he had to reap the consequences of both decisions.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
I get that point, as OnceReturned
made mention of, But why should the state or taxpayer foot the bill for such?

Because it would cost a helluva lot less than paying the family of a fallen CO, or even a disabled one. Well not only CO's but nurses, social workers, support staff, etc.

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be an issue. Remember Jeremy Dahmer?

He lasted longer than this guy would. And no one else was harmed.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The other Woods aren't going to be too happy when they learn that this guy wants THAT tattoo removed.

Prison's going to be a bad place for that SoS, but oh well...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I suspect the bleeding heart ACLU will be all over this one...
Personally id let him walk into custody without the alterations....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think prison or gang affiliation tat. removal programs are a good idea
(when one is coming out of prison, after serving his/her sentence)
but going in?
S.O.L.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
His only crime is being young and dumb.See where free speech got him.What he needs is a butt kicking a little more education.But first Obama needs to find this guy a job to occupy his time.Are we going to lock up everyone?If you don't like that give him his guns back and turn him lose in a bad crime area and let someones grandma take him out.But then we have to pay for the funeral.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Might as well leave em on.

If he is white, he is going to be hanging out with the Aryan Nation crowd in prison anyways...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I can't figure it out. For some reason I want to watch American History X tonight.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by BrokenCar
Yup, he got the tat done so now he lives with it. I have several tattoos myself, all in good taste. So many people regret their choices in tattoos.

I think he should be able to get the tats altered...one changed to a Star of David, and the other becomes a gay pride flag.

I can't even imagine going to prison or jail but damn thats like marking the meat USDA approved.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join