It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flights Diverted, Delayed as UFO Detected Hovering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Flights Diverted, Delayed as UFO Detected Hovering

english.peopledaily.com.cn

An unidentified flying object (UFO) disrupted air traffic over Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou late on Wednesday, the municipal government said on Thursday.

Xiaoshan Airport was closed after the UFO was detected at around 9 pm, and some flights were rerouted to airports in the cities of Ningbo and Wuxi , said an airport spokesman, who declined to be named.

The airport had resumed operations, and more details will be released after an investigation, he said.

A source with knowledge of the matter, however, told China Daily on Thursday that authorities had learned what the UFO wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Waiting for the update on this, because it's got one HELL of a photo to accompany the story...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28195bab147c.jpg[/atsimg]

The story tells us that, after the investigation, authorities claimed they knew what it was, that it was military-related, but they were withholding any details until today (Friday).

Take a look at that photo — and understand that it's a slow exposure, looks like it got a little double-imaging in there.

— Doc Velocity

english.peopledaily.com.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Think there are already a couple of threads on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Best Regards

Zippy70

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy70
Think there are already a couple of threads on this topic.

Well, I was hoping to catch the "update" when authorities released the identity of the thing, which was supposed to happen today...

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Ok, sorry
Its late here and I'm getting tired, my bad ....

Best Regards

Zippy70

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Because of the exposure length I think it's safe to assume that only the far right leading piece is the actual object. The light on the bottom is a streak from a thruster/rocket and the dots that look like windows could be a blinking light or sparks that popped up during this object's travel through the scene over the course of the exposure.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yah, here's the closest thing to an update of the thing's identity. God, I hate badly-translated news sites...

UFO in East China [an] Indian Remote Plane?

The China has reported a ''Smart UFO'' in the slies of over Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province. Some are saying it was a dispaly of Indian Air Force capabilities to scare the Chinese. Other call it hoax.

The fast hovering UFO behaved like being controlled from the remote sensing satellite. The municipal government in China have revealed that an unidentified flying object (UFO) recently disrupted air traffic over Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province.

The UFO disappeared fast after being detected by the Chinese Air Defense. The Chinese Air Force could not capture the UFO.

Xiaoshan Airport was shut down after the unidentified flying object was detected at around 9 pm, reports Xinhua. The flights were ven rerouted to airports in Ningbo and Wuxi cities, said an airport spokesman.

Interestingly the airport operation were back to normal after the UFO vanished all on a sudden.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you look at the other thread, you will find a good case for that being a helicopter in a long exposure. It is also fairly clear that photo is not of the UFO which was never visible but only seen on Radar.

Photo's that are nearly identical of known helicopters were posted and they are a match.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The authorities already knew what it was .. and it was military related. Question:: was this US, Chinese or possibly "Imperial" craft?
If US, then it means that US and China are in close cooperation over important issues. If Chinese , then Chinese military is far more advanced than commonly accepted. If Imperial, then we are actually really part of some over planetary (possibly inter dimensional) Organization and we are not allowed to know it yet. though it proves that the governments do know.
I am not saying that Barack Obama knows. or even Hu Jintao, current Chinese leader. Yet, somebody . maybe more permanent than elected officials is in the know. As this is logical and mathematical necessity.
I looked at the night sky last night. Bright star lit sky.
I waited. After maybe 3 minutes I saw a bright light popping out from nowhere and moving fast in what appeared to be a lateral motion. then after 1 sec it disappeared. If I had a proper equipment set up I could have taken series of pictures in infra red, visible light and ultra violet. I could have been able to zoom on it. and exactly determine its altitude . speed and direction. If I had been a high ranking official with real power and no knowledge, I would have set up a small team of researchers and observers who would monitor the night sky at least for couple of hours, using aforementioned techniques. I would haver had proof. Maybe I would have been able to communicate with them if there are THEM using technology or telepathetically.
I presume somebody has done it or does not need to any more.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Already covered in two threads. Updates would be welcome there.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
judging from the pic, it would appear the 'UFO' was moving to the right, and none of the buildings or trees show overexposure or camera movement. appears that way to me. the object, kinda lokos like the UFO mothership from the movie "strange invaders" 1983*

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Upon further review, there are no other Breaking Alternative News threads on this subject. Based upon rules for submissions, this thread is reopened, with apologies.

edit on by niteboy82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join