It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's new slogan: 'Yes we did!'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — President Barack Obama has a new campaign slogan.

“Yes, we did.”

And it doesn’t stop there. Republicans, an animated Obama argued Thursday, wouldn’t have.

They wouldn’t have set the economy back on track, he said during a fundraiser for Senate candidate Robin Carnahan, or passed a health care overhaul or financial regulatory reform. Giving the GOP control of Congress again — a possibility that Obama acknowledged — would usher in another era of a “you’re on your own philosophy,” he said.

www.politico.com...

Yes we did get people back to work, bring back the manufacturing base, closed the trade imbalance, closed corporate tax loopholes, bring an end to political campaign corruption, brought home the troops, ended a Neoconservative foreign policy, brought peace to the Middle East, created a level business field between small and corporate, lowered the deficit, gave accountable universal health care, ended ‘too big to fail’, tougher regulations on Wall Street, stopped invading our citizens privacy, brought about transparency in government, ended the federal reserve, stopped the elite shadow government, ended the military industrial congressional complex, prosecuted George W. Bush and his cronies, revealed the truth about 9/11 and returned our economy to a sustainable and stable future for strong economic, not corporate, growth.

Oh wait… Never mind. My bad, I just thought he said, “Yes we did!” as in did something good, never mind.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes we did Bankrupt America

Yes we did in act a heath care bill that will raise cost across the board. “mines going 35%”

Yes we did spend 1 trillion dollars and have nothing to show for it.

Yes we did do and still are doing nothing about the gulf oil spill.

Yes we did create the second great depression.

Yes we did allow the bush tax cuts to expire and have a tax incress to ALL America by 2-3% January 1, 2011.

Yes we did do a lot of great things for america.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Very funny, and nice list.

I liked this 'military industrial congressional complex' - the first time Ive seen congress appended to it, very appropriate.

Maybe Obama should use the slogan, "I'm black, if you don't vote for me, your a racist."

It was implicit in his last campaign - I think he should put it on his fliers and website.

Or perhaps; "Yes we can! (but we probably won't, in fact I'm sure we won't.)"

If you ever wondered why politicians seemed like such a pain in the ass - its because thats where they have been raping you for your entire life.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Very funny, and nice list.

I liked this 'military industrial congressional complex' - the first time Ive seen congress appended to it, very appropriate.

Maybe Obama should use the slogan, "I'm black, if you don't vote for me, your a racist."

It was implicit in his last campaign - I think he should put it on his fliers and website.

Or perhaps; "Yes we can! (but we probably won't, in fact I'm sure we won't.)"

If you ever wondered why politicians seemed like such a pain in the ass - its because thats where they have been raping you for your entire life.
I think maybe you should ammend it to "I'm black and if you don't vote for me, or who I tell you to vote for, myself, the DNC and the MSM will label you racist and demand an apology".......now that is a more accurate description in my opinion....... Don't forget as well, Yes we did......take race relations back at least 10 years.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Remember this from this past May?

The arrogance of this man is chronic and on the verge of clinical dysfunction.

He is certainly proud of himself. Wait!! he's not done yet!! We are in for a fun filled campaign season. Keep your pencils sharp and your notepads at the ready.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A good trick to convince your ego you've done good. Revisionism at it's finest! Block out the bad memories and replace them with a positive mantra.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Obama's version of "Mission Accomplished" without the hundreds millions aircraft carrier & 200 footlong banner.

But equally empty attempted deceptions, yes.

btw, aren't we STILL in Iraq? George? Barrack?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes we did? What exactly does he think he accomplished? News flash: the economy's not back on track. The only thing stopping the dollars decline is the EU's even worse recession. Meanwhile Barack has been spending away like a kid in a candy store.

If you liked these accomplisments you may also enjoy these classics such as; a poor handling of the gulf oil spill and forcing everyone to buy healthcare the majority of American's didn't want.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Propaganda at its finest. Maybe the White House public relations staffers took lessons from Joseph Goebbels.

At any rate, they're loosing public support with their propaganda at a rate never before seen.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I realize this is near wholly off-topic here, BUT ...

I'd like to see a random selection of currently-seated politicians on,

"Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader

You wanna talk reality TV!?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well if he fails to get re-elected im sure he will get a reality show deal a talk show and maybe a record deal,

Im in England but from the moment he was elected i feared that the PTB would F up the whole world and then say thats what happens when you give black people power,

Starting to feel i was right. But i honestly didnt think he would be this ruthless about it.

DB

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, let's just do something crazy, and look at the FACTS.

This is always a good place to start, kinda keeps the discussion based on reality, although everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But lets start with facts;

Here's a handy site that does this for us. How convenient.

Here is a copy/paste;

* Promise Kept 119

* Compromise 37

* Promise Broken 19

* Stalled 82

* In the Works 245

* Not yet rated 3

Looks like 119 kept, 19 broken. Not too shaby for a many blood sucking animal.

Enough to say 'Yes we did!', well, that's up to you.

In my eyes, its still too early to tell with 245 still in the works. But its not a bad start for a 'Community Organizer' with no executive experience.

Just trying to keep it real.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Did he see my avatar and like it?

I've had it a while now.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Ha, you should sue under the new copyright acts, thats your creation!

Its your intellectual rights being violated by the Government!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Yeah, but when some of those promises are just screwing over the American people and squeezing the middle class out of the picture, how can that be classified as a good thing?

"Yes, we did" screw over the citizens of the United States.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yeah, but when some of those promises are just screwing over the American people and squeezing the middle class out of the picture, how can that be classified as a good thing?

Looks to me like he has been trying to help the middle class;

Below $250,000 will keep current tax rates

President Obama has said he would roll back the Bush tax cuts on higher incomes, meaning $200,000 in income for singles and $250,000 for couples. But he intends to leave in place the Bush tax cuts for people who make less than that.

I guess it all hinges on what you define as 'middle class' (I think anything over 100,000 can be classified as middle class).

So he is trying to help us in the middle class, by KEEPING the Bush tax cuts for incomes LESS than $250,000.

Let me know if this doesn't help you, and I will understand why the gripe. I probably would too, if I made over $250,000 a year.

But you just gotta meditate on the big picture. We are a christian country, with christian values. One of those core values is charity for those less fortunate.

So if you do make more, remember, 'its easier for a camel to be driven through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to go to heaven'.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Hey Joseph, how you doing?

We could go over all the taxes but why even bother, right?

This is what it is like talking to one of the bots-:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yes I did....
Larry Sinclair.....and crack
ooops, don't tell the GOP- they'll want me in at their party too

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
So he is trying to help us in the middle class, by KEEPING the Bush tax cuts for incomes LESS than $250,000.

And what about the small business man? The middle class guy with a shop that's now having to face Obamacare??

But you just gotta meditate on the big picture. We are a christian country, with christian values. One of those core values is charity for those less fortunate.

I have no problem with that, but I do have a problem with Obama (and the government in general) telling me, "You make too much money, so we're taking a bit more from you and giving it to the "less fortunate". And we'll decide who that is."

So if you do make more, remember, 'its easier for a camel to be driven through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to go to heaven'.

And remember, "A poor man never gave me a job."

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Seems like you listen to WQDR Radio, Raleigh, N.C. also....lol...."Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader"...Most people taking the test are NOT....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join