It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this for REAL???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Secret government codes hidden in our street signs???? Can somebody in the KNOW please tell me what's up with this...
LINK... www.tackamarks.freeservers.com

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This theory has been floating around for a while, but I really doubt it. A friend of mine's father was in charge of urban planning for a major American metropolis for many many years and he has said again and again that street naming and numbering is based upon logic, and local politics more than anything else.

Usually most larger American cities use a grid pattern based upon the one developed by NYC early in the city's life. The system uses numbered streets going along one plane (example north-south or east-west) and named streets going along the other. The named streets are usually named for local personages, locations or there is a list of common names that are randomly placed wherever they fit (examples of such would be streets like "Center Street" or "State Street") Street names are also a bit fluid in that people may have streets named after them, or names may change for political reasons.

Honestly I have been to a great many cities all over the world and I still have yet to detect any pattern in the naming except that usually 4th Av comes after 3rd and before 5th lol.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Are you refering to this:

www.tackamarks.freeservers.com...

new topics

top topics

join