It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Figures. Obama Praises Electric Vehicle Manufacturer That Makes Trucks That Cost Twice as Much as No

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Figures. Obama Praises Electric Vehicle Manufacturer That Makes Trucks That Cost Twice as Much as Normal Truck

After tripling the national deficit and watching unemployment surge to 10%, Barack Obama now believes that paying twice as much for a truck is good business.

The Smith Electric Vehicle manufacturer makes trucks that cost twice as much as normal delivery trucks. The company only survived this year because of a federal grant. It did not hire any new employees.

This, of course, counts as a success story for President Obama.

So an Electric Truck manufacturer which only sold 7 trucks last year and this year had to be saved by a grant from the taxpayers...wait I mean the Government using the taxpayers money as a grant. The company employs 50 people and has not expanded even after the grant, Yet Mr. O thinks this is a great success?

Here is another source talking about this same thing:

As I predicted, Obama takes credit for new jobs at Smith Electric that don’t exist during his Missouri visit

According to press releases from the Senate, Smith Electric was already planning on doubling their work force before they received the funds. It gets better. The CEO also planned on using the funds to reduce the purchase price of the vehicles, hence the company's stellar sales performance. Smith Electric received $10 million in August of 2009, then $32 million in March of 2010. So follow the math pattern and they will need $44 million by September 2010. The obvious question remains, how will Smith Electric sell cars when the funds run out and the sales price increases?

So the funds that this company was granted to create more jobs are going to used to bring the costs of the trucks down from 150k plus to somewhere around 110-130k.

It gets even better, the Taxpayer funded grants just do not stop there:

A little research and I found that not only is the government subsidizing Smith Electric, but they are also covering 40-60% of the cost for purchasers!

Nevertheless, Compass Group plans to buy about 30 Smith Newtons during the next year and could convert is entire 10,000-truck fleet to battery power if the pilot test proves successful.

One reason for Compass Group’s early investment in the new-to-the-U.S. technology is that several states in which Canteen operates are expected to receive federal stimulus grants to help electric-vehicle purchasers cover 40 percent to 60 percent of the incremental cost of the vehicles.

So not only do the company making these vehicles recieve grants with money collected from the hard working Americans, the people purchasing this technology also gets money to buy these vehicles.

So, what Mr. O figures is that he can tout the success of his jobs program and green vehicles by paying people to buy into these programs. Ah Chicago style politics at its best. When it is not your money the coffers are unlimited and paying people to support your cause just becomes that much easier.

And it does not stop there, about those 200 jobs created by the stimulus fund: AHEM

Obama cannot claim stimulus responsible for any of the 200 jobs Smith Energy had originally planned.

For those of you that like fact checking, here is a second source stating that Smith Electric planned on hiring 200 employees in three years at their Kansas City Plant. The article was in March 2009, well before any stimulus funds were in play.

A job cannot be saved or created if it was already planned on being created!

The stimulus/grants this company receive were not responsible for the jobs created. Those jobs were already going to be created by the British company. Just another bait and switch tactic which this administration is very experienced in employing.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hulu had his speech up last night and I watched it and was thinking that something in how he presented the information looked weird. I just couldnt put my finger on it. Hulu has taken the speech down now. Interesting.

Obama wasnt his usual confident, bubbly self during this talk. Its almost as if you can see him battling over the words coming out of his mouth and his desire to say something completely different. I wonder if he is starting to get tired of taking credit for fake successes based on lies and deceptions? If you find his Smith Electric speech somewhere, watch his unspoken language. Its definitely not normal Obama.

Thanks for linking all of that information. It is truly sad that this administration will blatantly lie to the people, knowing that someone is going to expose the facts within minutes of them telling the lie. There is never a retraction, only slander. Obama constantly donkey-punches Clinton and Bush with his speeches about how messed up things were, then uses fudged numbers to show that he is changing things for the better. However, following the research and looking at the truth, it is all to easy to see that this is just a "more of the same" administration with a better speaking puppet.

I remember him saying the only truth that I agreed with as truth in that speech. "Things are going to get worse, before they get better". Yep. As long as the current politico is allowed to stay in power and continue playing the games they are, you bet your sweet patoot things are going to get worse.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

I believe this is the speech you are referring to...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by OnTheFelt]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Sir please.

We all know prosperity comes from the point of a government gun.

By looting me at gun point, electric car manufactures prosper.

Clearly I am too dumb to spend my own money.

Its better the government confiscates it by force from me and spends it on pointless crap.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Does this pic describe it a little?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33b74a189f15.gif[/atsimg]

Wait a minute, you are an anarcho capitalist, I could make you a gif with that if you would like.

top topics

join