It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Accuses U.S. of Using Facebook, YouTube to Sow Unrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

China Accuses U.S. of Using Facebook, YouTube to Sow Unrest

www.foxnews.com

BEIJING — A Chinese government-backed think tank has accused the U.S. and other Western governments of using social networking sites like Facebook to spur political unrest and called for stepped-up scrutiny of the wildly popular sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Google (govt tool) is connecting youtube w/ facebook only so they can watch you!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

As China's online population — the world's largest — surges past the 400 million mark, its Communist government is growing increasingly sensitive to any online threats to its authority. Although Beijing operates an extensive system of monitoring and censorship to block material deemed subversive, the Internet is still the most open and lively forum for discussion in a society where traditional media are controlled by the state.

Yesterday I was reading a thread created by another member regarding Google & Youtube are tools used by the CIA to infiltrate the local populace and keep track what the populace is doing & even more sinisterly how to manipulate the impressionable's.

Now today this article comes out. China has long deemed Google to be a thorn with its censoring policies and Google isn't getting in line anytime soon. Now a Chinese think tank linked to the Government has declared youtube & facebook tools used by the west to stir up unrest and violence. This article almost identically highlights the same concerns that the other member pointed out in his thread.

China is always on its guard to suppress as much info as it can, as it does not want its population to challenge any authority. The old days of governing in China could be coming to an end as more and more of its populace become internet users & get a glimpse of the information that is being suppressed from them. Another revolution might be on the horizon, just look at the workers of China uniting to get better pay and working conditions.

Though the charge of Youtube & Facebook being tools of the west to cause unrest seems out there as China is always looking to blame someone so it can censor more of the internet. But is this charge truly baseless? Also I have included the link to the other thread.

On the other hand, Does this mean the Chinese government is watching & looking for information on ATS?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

People still believe what they want. If they see others more free, they will want to be like them. So screw off, China, no one cares what you think.

On the other hand, this does explain the government's new interests in the internet, considering the government is China's chew toy.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Awww. Is China mad at wittle-ol' us for having too much information?

China- Go blow yourself.

I can see them just stiomping their feet.

Moments like this is what makes me glad that I dont live under such rule.
(gets on Google just because I can).
If people want information on something, they will get it, no matter where they have to go to acquire it.

IMO- they are just trying to take away more liberties of their own people by justifying it with "western evil".

Thats not Americas problem, thats Chinas citizens' problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sounds like a few people here don't know how Google and Youtube is spying on them.

Facebook now closes groups with ten of thursands of members so they are littler better then China if you ask me.

Does Google know i'm about to make this post ?

Yes they do because that little image next to the search button contains an image from google and the HTTP request for it looked like

HTTP www.Google.com/images/Logo.jpg HTTP 1.1
Referer =abovetopsecret.com/forum/post.php?action=reply&fid=1&tid=591886

They know i'm making a reply and they know the threadID and when i press send they will even know how long it took me to write this and thats without all the hidden script in this page telling them every thing from my screen resolution to what version of java script i've installed.

China does not want the west spying on it's people and who blames them.

top topics

join