It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook censor anti-BP proponents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted yet i couldn't find it with a search but facebook is deleting profiles that post videos from the GoM. I have a friend who reposted videos taken by her friends in the coast and about twenty of her friends and her own profiles have been deleted on the basis of they did not use their real names.... facebook requested copies of their driver licenses for proof of their name before their profiles were reestablished they all send them copies but no word back from facebook...

the only think these people have in common is that they reposted these home videos from the coast.

this kind of censorship is horrid. they are stopping people from going into international waters in the gulf and forcing individuals in public waters to stop filming the water.

GGGRRR!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is disgusting. I have been thinking of closing my FB for some time now. Tons of people do not use their real name. But I'm sure that is just an excuse for the real reason.... I wouldn't be surprised if our our kids are told to pledge their allegiance to BP in the future.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

the day my children have to pledge allegiance to a company especially BP is the day i am expelled from the country...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by knowonder

It is any surprise considering FaceBook was allegedly set up through the CIA.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

i think we should all post videos and see how many they delete

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I can not believe that Facebook is doing that. So is BP paying FB to delete those profiles? I also have friends that have posted pictures of tar balls when they went to Florida. I wonder if their profiles or pictures will get deleted too. This is just outrageous.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Could someone link me a video or two?

I'll post and see if they delete anything...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

i dont have them... all the ones i knew of were on her page if i come across one i will post it on here

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If they really delete the account then I am game for this, as they won't let me delete my account there they will only let me disable it. Since I have no use for it, not even sure why I did it in the first place but anyway, I'll gladly let myself get booted off of there.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yea BP is probably paying them to whitewash anything that could go viral through that site.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This dont surprise me at all.
How long before they take out utube ya reckon?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
This dont surprise me at all.
How long before they take out utube ya reckon?

They shut down user channels all the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I can't believe that people don't think that FB sucks before this. this reply explains it all:

post by kevinunknown

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Old news.
Acounts have been reactivated, mine was untouched luckily.

top topics

join