It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Chicks pop up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Is there anyway to prevent the Conspiracy Chicks pop up from occurring on the home page? It seems to happen whether you're logged in or not.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Dose get rather annoying, and when you click the your mouse on the side of the page sometimes it takes you to a random video.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yes, I agree. It is
quite annoying. Please, some one, do something about this. It would be much appreciated on this end.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Agreed. The pop up is not benefitting readability of the site; no pop up should obscure a thread. All that is needed is to change to pop up location.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The pop up is not benefitting readability of the site; no pop up should obscure a thread.

Personally, when I came to ATS today, this is what I saw.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/2a18b37677a7d6b3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Make it all stop please!~

I would perfer to have Jonny Anon. pop up at me if anything!~

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is entirely too much.

I understand that the site is trying to generate both traffic and revenue, but the popups have to be handled.

Surely the admins understand, that the more of this stuff the member base is forced to put up with, the more members are going to ignore the the section of the T & C that forbids the use of ad-blocking software, and the methods employed to increase traffic and revenue are going to be counter-productive.

Admins, ever consider doing a paid membership level that would be completely ad and popup free? I'd gladly sling a few greenbacks your way if it meant I didn't have to deal with the gawdy advertising and tactless popups.

Warn me, post-ban me, permanently deny me access, or whatever you feel is necessary, but the ad-blocker's getting turned on. This is just too much.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by Unit541]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
just wondering why I keep having a "ATS NEWS EXCLUSIVE" window popping up in my browser? It pops up every time I click on something....pretty annoying.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Driving me nuts. Surely they can't put in some code that checks if that particular account has already seen it 100,000 damn times and then stop showing it if user repeatedly hits 'x'. We're not allowed to use ad blocker but it's getting to malicious level...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm usually not one to complain about the advertising gimmicks of ATS, however this one is really really annoying.

Sorry Bill, but really, it's just too commercial and too I dunno.

Just seems like a little too much.

I don't mind having the banners on the sides and stuff to click on our new videos and they are all listed on the front page anyway.

I just don't see why I have to subjected to that little pop up everytiem I log into the website. I'm assming that with those with slower connections it's messing with load times.

In any case, can we tone it down a bit?

ETA: Maybe I should not complain, considering I don't have ANY other adds ont he site....ohh well too late

Thanks,

~Keeper

[edit on 7/24/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
These issues tend to pop up now and then. Ive alerted SkepticOverlord to this issue.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
See those little "x's" at the top right of those ads? Click those and they are gone in a mili-second. (Is there such a thing as a mili-second?)

So these don't bother me.

What is bothing me are the Netflix ads.
Netflix is decidedly determined to ruin my ATSing. They track me down.
They thumb their nose at me. They are on me like white on rice.

I hate you Netflix. I'm going to cancel my membership due to this Internet harassment and stalking.

(This is one of those deadly serious comments trying to disguise itself
as a joke).

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Pop up sucks, stop it please!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Maybe try disabling JS on your browser?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It is unfortunate that the pop-up chicks window issue persists. It is really annoying. Especially since I am not interested in any conspiracy 'chicks' other than myself.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Qoute by ScepticOverlord in recent thread:

We created a business focused on promoting user-generated content. At no point have we ever done anything other than what is best for the vast majority of people posting to ATS who have the expectations that we will do our best to promote what they post.

It's a business alright.

I don't think the vast majority of posters is thrilled with all the pop up ads that actually cover the content that is promoted, nor is it the best for them.

Everytime I've searched for a certain product online, I get bombarded with ads of that same product, when i open ATS, so they must be allowing software that tracks my moves.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And when you use add blocking software to prevent their invasive pop-ups or offensive adverts, you are made to feel guilty by having a quarter of your browser overcome by a message.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
See those little "x's" at the top right of those ads? Click those and they are gone in a mili-second. (Is there such a thing as a mili-second?)

Yep, just make sure that you don't use anything less than surgical precision, otherwise you'll be heading to a website no-doubt just waiting to fill your computer with spyware.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by dodgygeeza]

new topics

top topics

join