It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I set My Avatar and Signature if It wont allow upload

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I noticed all images have to be hosted on ATS to use in your signature and Avatar. The ATS portal is closed for registration although I am a member of the ATS forums. If I can't upload images for an Avatar and Signature to ATS, how do I create them? Do you have pre selected images members can use?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I was recently wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone who knows stops by.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
To set a signature just follow this link first of all (which takes you to your ATS account settings found under 'member tools' at the top of the page), once you have done that simply scroll down to the bottom of the page till you see an option tha says: 'Signature:' (which is the second from bottom)

For an avatar rather than attempt to explain it myself this thread here does it brilliantly and should be helpful to you.

I hope this answers your questions!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I have tried this method and it shows a link to external image, but does not actually show the image because it is hosted on a different site. Then when I try to log in ATS portal to upload an image to ATS it says I do not have an account and need to register. When I try to register it says registration is currently closed. Thanks for the info and in any normal circumstance it would work. But for some reason I need to have an image which is on ATS and it will not allow me to upload one.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by therealnews

Then when I try to log in ATS portal to upload an image to ATS it says I do not have an account and need to register.

The only thing I can think of is if you have changed your password in the past then you need to use your original one because when you have manage to change it ATS and BTS can be accessed through the new password but MATS (media portal) still functions on the old password.

So I'm guessing that if you have changed your password then that's why it's not letting you in and you should try your original one instead, I could be wrong of course and if you haven’t actually changed your password before then you may have to wait for assistance from a MOD as they'll know more about this than me.

I hope you get this fixed ASAP!

ETA: I just noticed something quite weird which is puzzling me quite a lot right now.

Basically I did a quick search for you on my media page to check if you was logged on as I was curious if what advice had helped and for some reason your name doesn’t seem to exist at all in there.

Now I thought this could have been a minor glitch or something like that but when I did searches for other members they all turned up without a problem.

I'm assuming that's the reason why you can't log in, it's because your account simply doesn’t seem to exist on MATS.

Now I'm going to alert a MOD to this as well if that's alright because it's a problem I’ve never really seen before and I'm hoping someone can either explain why this would happen or at the very least help you out with this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
To set a signature just follow this link first of all (which takes you to your ATS account settings found under 'member tools' at the top of the page), once you have done that simply scroll down to the bottom of the page till you see an option tha says: 'Signature:' (which is the second from bottom)

For an avatar rather than attempt to explain it myself this thread here does it brilliantly and should be helpful to you.

I hope this answers your questions!

Thank you for those links. That was absolutely helpful. Still feeling my way around here and getting familiar with the posting policies etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks! That's no problem at all. I'm highly confused with the situation too.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have been having the same problem with not being able to log into MATS. I did change my password. So I guess I'm out of luck because the password they give you is a bunch of letters and numbers. If a MOD can fix this problem please message me as I would like to get this problem fixed.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you don't remember your password to the media site then go to this page (click here) , enter your username and a password will be sent to the email address you signed up with. You username is exactly the same as the user name on the main ATS site.

Hope that helps.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thank you very much, that did the job

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

My problem has also been fixed. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
ahah thankyou to that dude above, really helped.

top topics

join