It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration: Israel Has ‘Right’ to Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Obama Administration: Israel Has ‘Right’ to Nukes

Posted By Jason Ditz On July 7, 2010

A statement released yesterday by the Obama Administration has made public America’s long-standing support for the Israeli government’s large, undeclared nuclear arsenal, and insists that Israel has an inherent “right” to possess such an arsenal for “deterrence purposes.”
Officials have also reportedly acknowledged that the Obama Administration has labeled its previous support for a “nuclear-free Middle East,” including a vote in favor of this at a Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) conference, had been “a mistake.”

The Obama Administration complained at the time of the vote that it unfairly “singled out” Israel, apparently oblivious to the fact that Israel is the only nation in the Middle East with nuclear weapons, as well as the only nation which is not a signatory of the NPT.

Israel has ruled out ever signing the NPT, though it has called for the treaty to be strengthened to punish signatories like Syria and Iran for what it perceives as “violations.” Israel has likewise never publicly acknowledged the size of its nuclear arsenal, though the fact that it exists is not generally considered a secret.

URL to article: news.antiwar.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
israel is overstepping its boundaries. if they are a "secular nation" what does an "obama administration"'s statements make pertaining the laws israel is to follow to be israel? they might as well call themselves something else!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I recently watched documentary called "Nuclear Secrets" which was by BBC. It had one episode about a man named Mordechai Vanunu and how he exposed the nuclear weapons build up in Israel and I was shocked. I had no clue that they never acknowledged it and always thought the USA provided it but what I found out was that the western world was very quiet of the fact that Israel had them and that Israel with support from western nations like the USA and others had accumulated massive amounts of nuclear weapons. This would be the first time I have seen a western nation support opposite of there own agenda the right to such a thing with the proliferation and all.

I just find this appalling and contradictory to U.S. Foreign policy.

Thank you for sharing This news article.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well, If Israel has the rights to nukes because they deem so then so do i to deter Israel....

They are/have and always will be the worlds biggest threat.....

Get the picture Israel??? Nah didnt think so.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Israel has the rights to illegal nukes,
But IRAN doesn't have the right to nuclear power?
and Gazans don't have the right to have cookies,
Americans don't have the right to free speech or their own money
or their own foreign policy.

On the radio people were wondering why
Obama spent time with that Yahu the other day
while the Queen was ignored in New York...
They were observing that Yahu was the boss over Obama by dint of facial expressions and body language...and now by presidential announcement

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Israel has the rights to illegal nukes,
But IRAN doesn't have the right to nuclear power?
and Gazans don't have the right to have cookies,

Well said buddy!!!!!

Damn correct!

new topics

top topics

join