It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye Implant with zoom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It seems like we are heading down the route of slowly turning into cyborgs.

I know this is currently done for medical reasons but how long until people want and get a more advanced model in the future, just because they want one?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Not long, I want one now! I use binoculars at work and that would be very helpful.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCar
Not long, I want one now! I use binoculars at work and that would be very helpful.

lol.

Actually, can you imagine in years to come how many people may go for that "upgrade" to improve their job prospects?

Breast implants were originally made for women who had a mastectomy due to cancer. Now women and some men get breast impants for cosmetic reasons.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If it were to come with a nightvision or thermal option, with a tad better zoom...
Id totally drop the money on that.
Infact, Ive dreamt of having ocular upgrades for years now.
The idea of having that upper hand on the human race just tickles me on the inside.
Haha.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Infact, Ive dreamt of having ocular upgrades for years now. The idea of having that upper hand on the human race just tickles me on the inside. Haha.

Ah yeah nightvision and thermal good call.

I wonder how far this has been researched by the Gov., Isn't a lot of tech a watered down military project or discovery?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

I know this is currently done for medical reasons but how long until people want and get a more advanced model in the future, just because they want one?

What do you mean 'turning into cyborgs'? This is reminiscent of the borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Voyager, or of the Six Million Dollar Man; not from any cyborg literature that I am aware of.

I can see people wanting implants and upgrades soon enough; we'll do anything to 'enhance' ourselves - no matter the hypothetical moral cost.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulderX

What do you mean 'turning into cyborgs'? This is reminiscent of the borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Voyager, or of the Six Million Dollar Man; not from any cyborg literature that I am aware of.

I can see people wanting implants and upgrades soon enough; we'll do anything to 'enhance' ourselves - no matter the hypothetical moral cost.

I'm all for impants to eradicate disability, I found this story amazing.

I'm just thinking how as a society we will adapt to such implants and how this technology will be used in the future.

Think of ten or twentty years time, being able to walk into a high-street shop and being able to get an eye implant. How many people will get one? How will it change society? think of how much mobile phomes have changed in ten years. How or what will these impant be able to do?

No fear mongering or anything, I'm just interested in how such an advancement in technology will impact our sciety.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
...ok I've had a few drinks.

But....if we start to see implants as normal, like we see breast impants or eye correction.

Society will be robotically enhanced. What if there is a massive emp?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
how far can someone have bits of themselves impanted before they cease to be human.

Anyone know if someone could today have every impant available, what of you will be left?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If i could i would have bionic arms to let me lift incredible weight, NV/TV eye implants with 100x optical zoom, and a built in eye computer detailing my enviroment, possible danger, and my vital signs.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

lol.

Actually, can you imagine in years to come how many people may go for that "upgrade" to improve their job prospects?

Breast implants were originally made for women who had a mastectomy due to cancer. Now women and some men get breast impants for cosmetic reasons.

Breast Implants also improve job prospects i reckon.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve

Breast Implants also improve job prospects i reckon.

Maybe I'll get myself a pair to help me in my next interview.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This immediately brought my childhood memories back of this show..

He had a bionic eye that would magnify his vision for distance. We are getting closer and closer to thing like that every day. This was a interesting article.

top topics

join