It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music industries 1 eye album cover trend.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I just thought id compile the most recent biggest blockbuster albums and chart toppers albums in one post for your viewing pleasure.

EDIT: transition from link image to insert image. ** for some reason it wont work.. oh well

[edit on 9-7-2010 by hautmess]

[edit on 9-7-2010 by hautmess]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hmm..odd.

What's the significance? The all seeing eye?

Are you saying that these people privvy to info we are not?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Some of those albums are kind of old, others didn't really sell that well. I'd be interested if - for the sake of balanced and fair research you were to introduce another "test" into your research, perhaps something like:

Album covers that have crucifixes on???

See what kind of results that would yield.

Anyone consider that the pictures weigh heavily upon the "singers" haircut? Wonder what would happen if you went back 10 years or so when the Mennifer Maniston haircut was really popular?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I agree with the post above. There are so many popular symbols used by rock bands it's very easy to find tons of like symbols on tons of album covers.

I do not think there is a conspiracy involved.

What I do call into question is the symbols and logos used by the record companies themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It represents the Eye of Horus, found on the US $1 bill.

It's a way of the elite letting their mates know that they are in control of the particular person.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Here is one of my favorites...you guys should listen to it!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This reminds me of that guy who thinks Lady Gaga was manufactured by the Illuminati (vigilantcitizen.com...). I don't know if that's the OP's thinking, like, "Hey, look at all these covered eyes, something is up," but the idea seems kind of silly. I think covering one eye will just always be considered cool and because we're in the 21st century, people are eschewing eyepatches. Maybe if Snake Pliskin ever makes an album we'll see some straight forward eye covering, until then these kids will just use hands and hair.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Good choice sir - prefer "Individual thought patterns" though.

R.I.P. Chuck.

Edit to add question to OP:

How does the album "Symbolic" by the band Death qualify as either recent of a top seller???

[edit on 9/7/1010 by jokei]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Something to do would be to check who did the album art, its not very hard to find out, its even mentiond on the inlay of the CD. If it says album art by THE MOTHER#ING PENTAGON BITCHES, then congrats, you might be on to something. If not it might take a bit more research.

You can then investigate what company he works, what other work they have and what record label commisiond it.

You can then start to find out whos involved as apposed to wild specualtion about pyramid building lizard priests from space are brainwashing us with really # music that nobody buys.

Research is good eh.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think its pretty funny and ridiculous all at the same time.

None of the albums share a common theme. Except showing faces and eyes.

Some eyes are open, some are closed, some show both eyes some don't even show the eyes.

I'll be back later, I have some straws to go grasp at.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If I recall correctly, the one eye image is either A as mentioned, a relation to Horus. Not very likely in these cases, but possible.

Or B a secondary new aged twist, the one eye iconography is a symbol of the whore. A modernized representation of the whore of Babylon. This is the type of meaning I'm inclined to support for this.

Then again, maybe it's a case of every one else is doing it, so they are too.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I prefer an all-hearing ear instead of an allseeing eye for music...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaulGoodman
This reminds me of that guy who thinks Lady Gaga was manufactured by the Illuminati (vigilantcitizen.com...). I don't know if that's the OP's thinking, like, "Hey, look at all these covered eyes, something is up," but the idea seems kind of silly. I think covering one eye will just always be considered cool and because we're in the 21st century, people are eschewing eyepatches. Maybe if Snake Pliskin ever makes an album we'll see some straight forward eye covering, until then these kids will just use hands and hair.

I know the reason he feels that way because she is a perfect example of Monarch Programming. Don't know what it is? Google it...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Check out Time Warner Cable,
they have the most blatant use
of the eye of Horus.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Don't forget the late, great Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes.

From Wikipedia:

"She was also known for wearing a pair of glasses with a condom in place of the left eye lens in the beginning of her career, which was one of the ways she promoted safe sex and a football mark under her left eye."

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think this is more than a coincidence.

Eminem has the same thing goin on in the inside cover of his new album 'Recovery'

Check it out

addicted-2-retail.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

man, thats WEIRD

the OP MAY be into something

who knows ...

u guys need to find out who does these pictures ... then you can try to make the connection between all those artists

maybe they dont even know the pattern, maybe its just coincidence ...

but it makes you think

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't think that it is even remotely odd that a large number of the saccharine, homogenized, untalented "musicians" in the world have also taken to having similar album covers. I don't look in the toilet and wonder why one turd looks like another. When everything about the music industry lacks individualism and creativity, why should album cover art be any different.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
I don't think that it is even remotely odd that a large number of the saccharine, homogenized, untalented "musicians" in the world have also taken to having similar album covers. I don't look in the toilet and wonder why one turd looks like another. When everything about the music industry lacks individualism and creativity, why should album cover art be any different.

Thanks you really added a lot to the discussion

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The music industry is only into making money.

There is a lot of hype about the eye. Whether it is the eye of Horus, or the Masonic Lodge, or both.

The advertising industry is the same.

It is called manipulation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join