It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist find an earthlike planet nearby

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Astronomers announced earlier this week that they found a water-rich and relatively nearby planet that's similar in size to Earth. The discovery is being recognized as a major breakthrough in the search for life on other planets. "we have found a watery world orbiting a very nearby star," said David Charbonneau, a Harvard professor of astronomy. The planet, named GJ 1214b, is 2.7 times larger than Earth and orbits a star that is smaller and has less lumen's than our sun. They still aren't telling us the entire truth about our solar system.

Article link:
welcometoafreeworld.blogspot.com...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by therealnews]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the link OP! This comes to show there are more Earth like planets out there. I wonder if there are aliens on that planet?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is from December 2009. What's the point in posting this? Just to get hits to your blog?

www.cnn.com...

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 7/9/2010 by minute2midnight]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Who knows if they're on that planet, but I bet they're somewhere out there. There are to many planets in the galaxy to believe were the only ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

Maybe some people haven't heard about it yet. Just because you already knew about this doesn't mean everyone has. I myself like finding old stories I haven't heard yet. Just trying to share content. I thought this was the place but it seems like people wanna argue all the time or something. I'm just sharing news like everyone else.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by therealnews

I would believe that if you had posted a link to the original story. If that were the case, I wouldn't have commented. But you posted a link to your blog.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Alright, I'll post links only to my blog if it's an original story then. how about that? I'm new here, just trying to find a forum with subjects I like. And, yes, trying to share other stories as well

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yeah this is old news.

For a second I thought they found ANOTHER one, but it turns out to be just old news.
Same planet.

I am sure this was posted here before.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by therealnews
Astronomers announced earlier this week that they found a water-rich and relatively nearby planet that's similar in size to Earth. The discovery is being recognized as a major breakthrough in the search for life on other planets. "we have found a watery world orbiting a very nearby star," said David Charbonneau, a Harvard professor of astronomy. The planet, named GJ 1214b, is 2.7 times larger than Earth and orbits a star that is smaller and has less lumen's than our sun. They still aren't telling us the entire truth about our solar system.

Article link:
welcometoafreeworld.blogspot.com...

I really can't stand when people like you take old news, repost it on your blog then post it here to try to gain hits on your blog.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I see that. Heard it from about ten people now. Was simply trying to share info maybe some people have not heard. Can I delete the thread? I'll simply delete it. relax

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I see that. Heard it from about ten people now. Was simply trying to share info maybe some people have not heard. Can I delete the thread? I'll simply delete it. relax

Oh please, you were obviously trying to gain hits for your blog.
It's not the first time people have done that on this forum.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

And I posted that when it broke months ago. Not today. And for your information, the large majority of all my new articles and posts are original. On occasion I will post a story with source, but my articles are mainly original.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

And I posted that when it broke months ago. Not today. And for your information, the large majority of all my new articles and posts are original. On occasion I will post a story with source, but my articles are mainly original.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

My blog has topics which readers here would like. Isn't that the point, find forums, blogs, and websites with similar interests then, share, network, and exchange information.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

My blog has topics which readers here would like. Isn't that the point, find forums, blogs, and websites with similar interests then, share, network, and exchange information.

Not when all you're trying to do is ring in hits for your blog by using old news.
I thought that would be obvious, I'm leaving this thread now, this will only give you more hits.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Alright. I'm trying to be a good member of the ATS community, so, as I said, I will delete this thread and only post new original content from now on. So, if someone can tell me how to delete the thread, I will. I didn't mean to offend anyone or upset the community. This is one of the best places on the Internet for alternative news, so, once again. I will delete the thread. Did not mean to upset the community or Spam.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by therealnews]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It isn't a rule that we can only post recent information. If it has already been posted but not found, a mod would take care of it. As long as there is not an existing thread on it, there's no reason not to post the information. Some people may have missed it, and not everyone is on top of all the news 24/7 (if thats even possible). If you already read it that's fine, there's plenty of other threads. The OP could possibly be trying to promote his blog, but if it has the information then that's all that really matters. It's up to you to decide whether you think the source is credible or not.

This is one of many planets like the Earth however. Until we can actually go to it, well never no for sure what's on it.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Good Intentions]

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
well i hadnt heard about this earth-like planet, i must have missed it if it has been threaded here before. thanx op for posting.

all we have to do now is find a way to get our greedy corporate fat cats over to this new earth-like planet so they can begin to destroy it like they have this one.
then it really will be 'earth-like'.

dooby

[edit on 9-7-2010 by doobydoll]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

That picture is awesome.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thanks OP for the info.

Some may have miss it, and in any case, many topics had been revived time and time here again. If you are guilty, you arent the only one.

Just ignore the sour grapes who griped and slur about your intention for hits on your blogs. It comes from narrow mindedness which we must eradicate if we are to evolve. The choice to read that blog is still one's free choice and no one is forced to do so.

The topic serves a good reminder to many disillusioned with the ecological destruction of our homeworld by the rich and powerful that there are other worlds similar with ours that awaits us, if we but evolve responsibily, if not for our sakes, for the next generations then. They must not be made to pay for our diversive selfishness, greed and apathy.

Cheers! :-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join