It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxymoronic War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The following statement is true:

The more warfare a nation wages, the more violence it directs against its own people.

Because wars require public funding, the State must violently attack and enslave the public through the tax system, debt, or debasement of the currency.

Thus, the more war that is waged to "save the public from outside oppressors" the more the public voluntarily oppresses itself.

From this we can conclude that the only logical warfare that can be waged is when the outside oppression is a larger threat to economic freedom than the operational cost of war funding.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I can go for that. If you ask me, that's exactly what is being perpetrated right in front of our noses. However, some people are rather slow to pick these things up.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yea for sure.....

Take your Patriot act. Prime example

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well this may appear as a huge shock but, mnmeth1, I 100% agree with you.

We are enslaved lab rats, they do genetic tests on us, doing whatever biological tests they so choose upon us through our medications, vaccinations and food/water. Then they have bribed judges that make decisions in favor of the highest bidder, a political process that bows to the corporate and banker world. And what do we get? More taxes, regulation, laws and lies!

Where the hell is the justice in this pathetic world!? We are used as a system of cash, a constant credit card for the elite! They give us a few scraps to keep us quiet while they take everything from us, it's a manipulation of our minds, they are professionals at law and psychology, so they can manipulate us into subservience. When will be our time to rise up against our oppressors and crush the shackles of an unjust, inhumane and ignorant existence as merely numbers to a corrupt authoritarian regime ruling against us, funded by us through involuntary taxation.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm going to make a cardboard sign and walk around chanting slogans.

That'll put an end to this madness.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hmmm thats not always the case with every nation, it just happens to be the case with American, at the moment. If America succeeds in its campaign im pretty sure you will all be more than happy to enjoy the ill gotten gains of war, such as new and exploitable economic markets, which in turn will lead to long term economic prosperity and the obvious advances in technology that war always creates.

Ultimatly war can be beneficial to society as our entire history has basicaly shown. Its just how you deal with that with your own moral compass, i personaly am fairly indifferent. Military technological escalation is awesome.

new topics

top topics

join