It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CentComm's Mattis: 'Fun to Shoot People'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Petraeus's replacement at US Central Command is General James Mattis.

He is bluntly honest:

"Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight," he said. "You know, it's a hell of a hoot.... It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you. I like brawling."
www.latimes.com...

I think people harbor a lot of repressed lusts & sadistic tendencies and THAT is what drives US foreign policy.

And frankly that is insane.

BORING Rational intellect, measuring costs & most probable outcomes should be directing US foreign policy,
you know,
as if we REALLY were an intelligent species working from our cerebrums,

rather than instincts, lusts & mindless aggressions.

And any EXCUSE will do, & if we can't find one, we make one up.

We should be thinking & behaving like engineers instead of frustrated hump monkeys .

Sigh,

we are the species that advertises how supremely intelligent we are,
but when you open the brightly painted box & turn it upside down, nothing comes out, because it is empty.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by slank]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sick fool.....

Fun to drop bombs on kids and women too hey?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This creature is a general? I honestly don't know what to say here. He might need some psychiatric care. I guess we should be thankful that he said, "some people."

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
as sick as it sounds......

this kind of attitude would make you a good soldier...combat soldier

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
as sick as it sounds......

this kind of attitude would make you a good soldier...combat soldier

Yes but how much of a combat soldier will he be tucked into a leather chair in Brigade HQ, smoking cigars and sipping gin?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I agree. It seems like fun to shoot people. I wanted to join the army or marines but could not because of my horrible eyesight(legally blind).

I even wanted to join blackwater. If i was put into combat i would shoot people. its that simple. i would kill the enemy. Point me to the enemy...i would kill them.

I would have been the perfect combat soldier. And i would not be disgusted at all. why? because im just not disgusted by death or gore. hell a few times i even went to web sites that showed dead and gory bodies.

For a while there i thought there was something wrong with me. i mean....i did not feel sick by seeing dead and brutalized bodys. I did not feeel sick by seeing people getting killed. There was was even one time that i drove by a woman being burned alive in her car....i felt nothing. of course i was like "poor woman" but i felt no sadness or anything. if at all possible i would have just went up to her and shot her to put her out of her misery.

But that was all in the past. I have just accepted that im humanity in its most base form. Im a monster. I folow the laws and dont hurt anyone. of course i feel 'empathy' but the truth is.....i can just naturally shut it off....like it has a switch. Im humanitys monster....im humanity the way it was centuries ago.

Most of you would be like me if you did not go by societys moral code.

Samurais would behead any who 'dishonored' them. Spartans were bred for combat and enjoyed it to its fullest.

I think the truth is.....i was born in the wrong time period. i should have been born during the crusades or something.

What im trying to say is...people like the general and me...we are a different breed from you. we are alot more of us then you think.

You better be glad there are people like me in the world....because when the aliens turn out to be hostile.....well lets just say we have people like me and the general willing to do what needs to be done.

Im not a serial killer(before you report me to the police or some crap like that). im just a warrior at heart with no one to fight.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

War sucks, it's one of the worst concepts that human beings ever thought up.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Proudconservative

Actually it sounds like you're a psychopath, don't worry, it doesn't mean that your a serial killer, it just means that you have absolutely no conscience.

There are a lot of people that are actually psychopaths. CEO's actually usually score highly as psychopaths.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Of course one wants to ask the good general:
Is it so much fun to shoot people that you don't even care whose side they are on?
Is that why US soldiers shot Pat Tillman ( famous murdered US soldier)?
After shooting him from a distance he was then finished off from 10 feet away with a fun triple tap to the head according to the Army surgeons.

It must be fun to shoot people thats why returning US soldiers are shooting them selves in record numbers these days.

How would you like to have your legs shot off and then have to deal with the VA?
is that fun General?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Actually it sounds like you're a psychopath, don't worry, it doesn't mean that your a serial killer, it just means that you have absolutely no conscience.

There are a lot of people that are actually psychopaths. CEO's actually usually score highly as psychopaths.

am i a psychopath if i know right from wrong? but if i did the wrong thing did not feel bad? am i a psychopath if i have at least some oral code?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

wow you just might be right!

i looked that up here is what i have!

Psychopathy symptoms.

1.)Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom

2.)Lack of realistic, long-term goals

3.)Impulsiveness

4.)Early behavioral problems

5.)Callous/lack of empathy

6.)Cunning/manipulative

i have 6 of those symptoms....man...maybe i am a psychopath? i mean i can still feel remorse on some level. and while i have been told by my mother that im emotionally cold or 'Callous' i crave romantic attention. weird huh...im so screwed in the head that i can look at dead bodies without feeling disgust and yet i crave a 'soul mate'.

Man....i guess even beasts can feel or want love.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

Probably the same thing the good General has. In fact, psychopaths make GREAT soldiers. No conscience, no guilt, shooting civilians and the enemy has the exact same effect. Nothing.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Petraeus's replacement at US Central Command is General James Mattis.

He is bluntly honest:

"Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight," he said. "You know, it's a hell of a hoot.... It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you. I like brawling."
www.latimes.com...

Confusing combination of statements there. I would think that if you enjoy brawling and find it fun to fight, shooting would not also be fun? Is that not really a way of avoiding a fight? I always thought physically engaging someone could certainly be cathartic and I can see how some folks could lean that way but to enjoy shooting people? That sounds about as brave as enjoying leaving an explosive on the doorstep.

People like this need to get their behind whooped without the benefit of their gun. Sounds like he forgot how to actually fight.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As I understand it the sociopaths employ the psychopaths and the normal people get conditioned and /or drugged to behave as psychopaths when needed.

Of course if you give some one who is predisposed to become a serial killer the means to indulge himself
he will find an excuse to do so...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Please, join me as I hope this man meets someone just like him, JUST like him.

And very, very, very soon! And they just annihilate one another like matter and anti-matter.

Seriously, people. You know, even if we elect someone, whoever they appoint to be the boots on the ground is really in charge.

This attitude and its callousness and terrifying single-minded vision are exactly how American (and other) corporations have raped the world and made our name a dirty word before American citizens even knew half these outsourcing nations even existed.

I heard a report (not to get off-topic, but relevant, I think) about four years ago on NPR.

It detailed how a large American corporation had its private "security forces" strongarming the locals because they refused to purchase electricity from the corporation facility, set up to power its factories.

So these "forces" attacked the locals for protesting and then basically extorted them to buy this electricity.

Mathis sounds like the same kind....of psychopath.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Do others see the sociological schism here?

On the one have we have the puritanical saintlys saying what a horrible thing that is to say & think,

On the other we have honest people telling us this as a not uncommon basic primal trait.

Because the puritanicals rule the public facade of our intellectually dead society [including the shallow plastic airhead media] the people who are honest are forced to hide & deceive others about their potential impulses. Which ultimately causes it to fester, where it can not even be calmed by exposure to air & light.

It is neurotic to live in denial of primal compulsions or desires.

Because just like whackamole it keeps popping up in other, possible much less containable vectors.

Just like BP is attempting to veil the total amount of oil escaping by using dispersants, it ALSO means instead of it all being on the surface, in a single domain, where it might at least be more manageable & possibly skimable it poisons yet another underwater realm & becomes impossible to effectively, actively deal with.

So instead of people feeling free to at least intellectually discuss, primitive, unattractive realities they either knowingly hide them or perhaps worse deny them & then have some of their psycho urges pop up in religion or false patriotism.

Real patriotism, effective patriotism, means you acknowledge our urges, out in the open so we do the best job of not letting them influence what we have intellectually, minimally emotionally, minimally lustfully determined is in our rational best interests.

We have a phony hard pure exterior that is being puppeted around by crude desires that are not vented in other ways.

It is just stupid.
It is anti-American in the very truest sense of the word,
and it is UNpatriotic,
because it is illogical.

it is like the same crap you get with illegalization of prostitution. The guys all pretend they think it is horrible, until they see a scantily clad hooker while they are throwing a rod.

Hypocrisy is stupid &/or deceitful,
but when it is derailing important issues it is a crime.
And a treasonous crime when it comes to derailing US foreign policy.

Note: there are a lot of other unspoken hypocrisies derailing US foreign policy besides pretend patriotism as cover for hidden/denied aggression/lust.
There is also greed, corruption, profiteering, ignorance, laziness, political cynicism & fatigue of idealism. [& hijacking them for Israel's right wing radicals]

Only when we bring them ALL out in the open do we have a pretty good chance of having as soundly based foreign policy as possible.

But politicians don't want you to know how they are puppeted by murder corporations, or how gullible they are, or how mutually self-indulgent the are to/for one another.

And then there are all the general public who want to pretend they are pure & god's warriors, & not admit that they just enjoy killing people or hearing how soldiers kill people all in the pretense of phony 'patriotism'.

The majority of Americans though, seem to have some seat of the pants common sense when it comes to Afghanistan & want us out of there.
It is only all the right wing rabid dog psycho minority & politicians who can't admit how bizarrely out of touch with reality or just how corrupt they are that keep us there.

Unrealistic Purity is the enemy of a robust, sustainable goodness.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by slank]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Proudconservative

I even wanted to join blackwater. If i was put into combat i would shoot people. its that simple. i would kill the enemy. Point me to the enemy...i would kill them.

So if the day came where your mother or neighbor or family was considered the enemy - because they support the constitution of the US. You'd shoot them?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Indeed, humans are in reality, the least intelligent beings on the planet.

Thanks to education, science, religion and so called "entertainment". we are dumber than we've ever been in the history of mankind. I think 3rd world nations are more aware of the evil's of man, then so called "developed nations" which I consider as "Indoctrinated nations"

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Could they just be overfed, smug, complacent, & thus far, experience has taught them they can get away with just about anything?

Ignorance & bloated egos that grow large in the luxury fertilizer of wealth denied/forestalled reality.

I think it probably tends to happen to any prosperous, mostly unchallenged population.
And they are the things that we would, if we were actually intelligent, would take all cautions to guard against.

I see that in Israel.
I personally think [diasporaed] Jewish people have tended to be among some of the most stellar people on the planet,
but now that they have a homeland [for a some of them] the ones living there [for the most part] have turned into the same kind of worst, complacent, bigoted, reactionary types that we have seen in so many places, such as pre-WWII Germany & very often in my own current USA.

Dispossessed people, people who feel somewhat outside the zone of smug, contemptuous [imagined?] certainty,
strive more & are more self critical, self examining, which just can't help but make them smarter. Maybe that paradigm can be taken too far, but without a fair portion of it, humanity is in all likelihood lost.

Wealth & privilege, if not held at arms length &/or rationed, becomes its own self demise in relatively short order.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
People like this need to get their behind whooped without the benefit of their gun. Sounds like he forgot how to actually fight.

Actually, he's probably forgotten more about fighting than you'll ever know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join