It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Document preservation order for contract workers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Guys I found this in the trash outside a BP site in LA. I guess whoever had it read it and fully understood what would happen if they signed it. I was going to submit this to Wiki leaks but I could not get the site to connect. So I though If I posted it here on ATS the members could make this go viral via the Internet.

I have never worked for BP or any Sub-contractor of BP and I believe the Public have a right to know so that is why I am posting it. I am tired of seeing Big Government and Big Corporations Crap on the "little people". We have a right to know what is going on and asking worker to help in BP's cover up is asking them to commit treason.

I am sure BP will figure out who I am but I offer a warning:

Don't Tread On Me...

Trust me on that one. It's not worth it.

Now for the Goods:

Link to full image

Link to full image

Edit to resize Images Thanks endisnighe

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Nice job op! The name of the game right now is damage control.

BTW was this crumbled up when you found it? It does not look like it was trashed.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow...what a find.

Okay, at a quick glance? It looks like a standard order given to companies to save ALL documents period that is typically used when there is litigation in process or pending against the company. It's intended to prevent the company from destroying or hiding incriminating material. This happened to a company I once worked for. We could not shred, erase, delete, throw away, burn, or otherwise get rid of ANYthing. What a paperwork mountain that was. It went on for over 7 years.

However, some of the wording looks rather odd. I'm going to give it another look. I only managed to zoom page 2 so far.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That looks like standard operating procedure when legal issues are pending. I frequently get emails/letters like that when issues surrounding software patents come up. We are asked to preserve any document, email, etc. related to said functionality.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Id hate to be the person who has to sort through all of the data. It will probably be a few truck loads of boxes/Cd's. I wonder if the information will ever see the light of day?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I found it just tossed in the trash and on top.

I guess it was meant to be found.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here ugo.

Here is an excellent thread on the use of BBcode-A Guide to BBCode on ATS

edit to add-

The only thing I find suspicious is the part that states-paraphrased-

I acknowledge and agree to that BP has the right to access the computer and paper files at any time.

Hmmmmm. Does that mean they can go into your property at anytime to access this info?

[edit on 7/8/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Well according to an attorney I know that read it He wouldn't sign it.

You give BP or their designate the right to search your house, person, and any electronic devices you have in your possession.

I could understand this for trade secrets but this is a Disaster and they are deliberately covering it up!

The worse part is the Government is in on the cover up.

link   
Good Work, we need more whistle blowers to come forward. It is understandable to be down and out and almost on your but. It is not however right to not blow the whistle on what is going on when the health, well-being of millions are riding on you the person who knows.

Come forward now and do what's right folks if you know something and can find a way to get it out DO IT!

Again great job to OP on the lucky find sometimes things are meant to happen like this.

link   
wow
nice work bro

I read both pages and 1 thing I noticed.
It doesn't say anything about copying
any files or maybe I missed it. As long as
they get the originals back.

Interesting they only allow BP mail servers
for work related mail. Could their mail system
be monitored for leakers ????

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
#7 basically gives BP the right to enter your home ('...or other location...'),

even when you are not there ('...at any time BP so chooses').

you would be desperate for work if you signed this.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thanks for posting them so they don't have to click a link!

The only thing I find suspicious is the part that states-paraphrased-

I acknowledge and agree to that BP has the right to access the computer and paper files at any time.

Hmmmmm. Does that mean they can go into your property at anytime to access this info?

According to the attorney I showed them too said it would give BP or their designate the right to search whatever they want whenever they want.

Of course they will use a "private security contractor" to get the info they want.

Signing that document you have given up your rights to BP.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
That is how this reads to me as well.

I wouldn't give BP execs the right to use my bathroom much less search my home.

That site where you found this may be somewhere you want to frequent while all this is going on...have a little "look see" around their trash when it's convenient for you.

Never know what else you may fight that they considered garbage...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jenmckin

I plan on it I have told others the do the same but I doubt once this is out they keep the same protocols on their trash.

But I will keep digging.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
No, it doesn't mean BP can break into your home and read your personal mail.

If you read the document it states the person agrees to keep documents separate from their personal data. (see#2). You are supposed to store all relevant documents in a specific folder.

This is a waiver required by law. It's probably to protect the employees from being subjected to having their personal items searched by people suing BP.

As a side note, I happen to believe something is being hidden from the public. But I also believe these types of cover-ups are not planned by the average worker. I hope while doing this type of research people are respectful of the average workers privacy.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Well according to 2 lawyers Clause #7 gives BP that right to search for records that they may deem property of BP.

I wish this thread would have made it to the front page already but it doesn't look like it will.

I think if I find anything else like this I will have to use a snappy title like, 'Documents prove BP spill cause by ET' or ' BP workers being turned into mindless zombies documents show'.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So what's the big deal? I read this in full and it is a standard legal document telling potential BP contractors of their obligations under the law regarding document preservation. In fact, it is something you WANT BP to be sending to workers.

This would only be a story if the document said they were NOT obligated and could discard documents.

This should not be on the ATS homepage, but I suspect people are starring before reading the document and/or those starring don't understand the standard nature of the document.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Good find, I wonder who threw their copy away?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I wish OP would just be honest and acknowledge what all of us are already thinking. He either works for BP or a BP contractor. He was handed this paper and did not "find it in the trash, on top and not rumpled"

If this wasn't true, he wouldn't have made that macho man statement at the end of his post.

I am sure BP will figure out who I am but I offer a warning:

Don't Tread On Me...

Trust me on that one. It's not worth it.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I really don't see the big deal about this document. It doesn't show a cover up or intent to deceive. It doesn't instruct anyone to do anything illegal or destroy evidence. It doesn't even instruct anyone to not share information or documents.

Yeah, the 'collect documents at any time' thing is troubling but not indicative of any attempt at a cover up or admission of any kind of wrongdoing.

And, I doubt BP cares who the OP is. He didn't find a smoking gun. There are probably thousands of those documents in trash cans, file cabinets, wastebaskets, and folders all over the place.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Primordial]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join