It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ditch the Debt - Stick the East Coast with the Bill (Federal Deficit)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Consider this - Succession from the Union is freedom from stupidity and a debt incurred by idiots and incompetant liars and thieves.

I see it playing out like this, states east of the Mississipi will be stuck with the Federal Deficit Bill while states west of the Mississippi will welcome a new Union free from existing debt and excessive laws and regulations.

States along the Mississippi river may be wishy washy and may go one way or the other.

The oil spill may win more of the gulf states east of the missisippi our way. I see Louisiana and Alabama going for the revolution. Texas is obvious.

California will fall on our side by default, not ideology.

New Union States will not be liable for existing debt taken on and promised by the capital and eastern state communists.

The population of the east coast will be forced to pay the debt, by use of force, by the federal government.

West coast states will be free.

Stick 'em with it.

It's theres to own.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No takers on this one?

Afraid it will come true?

Our motto, "Succeed and be Free".

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea although I don't think California will fall on the side of freedom. The state government is too corrupt [research the imprisonment of Richard Fine] to be for peace outside the mother government.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Washington DC is a separate Corporation to the USA. All debt is owed only by that corporation. They have made is look like the citizens of the USA owe the national debt, but if you look through all of the laws, it is only the Washington DC or District of Columbia that owes the national debt.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The west coasters can take the social welfare programs, and their debt. The east coasters can take the military and it's DoD debt.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Washington DC is a separate Corporation to the USA. All debt is owed only by that corporation. They have made is look like the citizens of the USA owe the national debt, but if you look through all of the laws, it is only the Washington DC or District of Columbia that owes the national debt.

I though of telling him that but decided to take a more lighthearted approach and jest.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Cliches and knee-jerk reactions in this one case are too kind a preface for what you would bring on yourself.

Washington's debt may be "ours" to own due to elected officials that neither heed nor care about the wants of their constituents... but, if faced with their debt or our willingness to survive, I will say this...

I will have no compunction what so ever about exacting our pound of flesh from those west of the Mississippi that helped vote this clown into office yet decline to pay for his mistakes.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sorry, but this has got to be the winner of the Most Ridiculous Post of the Night award.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Consider this - Succession from the Union is freedom from stupidity and a debt incurred by idiots and incompetant liars and thieves.

I see it playing out like this, states east of the Mississipi will be stuck with the Federal Deficit Bill while states west of the Mississippi will welcome a new Union free from existing debt and excessive laws and regulations.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I would go back and think it over again. The vast majority of 'red states' get more federal funding than they contribute. For all their bitching and moaning, they are basically welfare states supported by the rest of us and responsible for a lot of the national debt. And that's a fact.

The Tax Foundation

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I see a lot of California hating going on around ATS. I won't apologize for the rest of my retarded neighbors but I promise you guys, not all Californians are dumb, arrogant and selfish. A TRUE Californian wants peace, clean environment and just fun. A lot of the idiots who live here aren't even real Californians, they just migrated here to try and be at the center of all the action. A bunch of middle of nowhere wannabes really. I talk with my buddies all the time about the state of things and although they aren't as fully in the know as most of us on ATS are, we do know one thing, California is getting worse with all the people that keep flocking here and our state and federal government sucks! A lot of us want out of here. Personally, I want out of the country until American's wake the freak up. Most of my friends just want out of the state. You'd be surprised, a lot of them want to move to middle of nowhere where all these wannabes are coming from.

Edit: Anyway I'm for secession and I think ultimately, this is the way it'll go. Our country is too big. I mean Russia is huge but stays together because mostly everyone lives on the western side of the country as the eastern part is way too cold. China is huge but stays together because the western part is too hot. I say in a few hundred years time, the US will be quite a few nations, much like Europe. Give it a thousand years and we might all be speaking different languages and having entirely different cultures. We pretty much do already. Not different languages (yet) just different dialects but definitely different cultures. This can be seen through all the hate you guys throw at us and vice versa. If we don't shed out ridiculous kill each other mentality to fixing problems, then our great great great grandchildren might even be fighting wars against each other.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by conspiracy88]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
No takers on this one?

Afraid it will come true?

Our motto, "Succeed and be Free".

Secede. Secession. NOT "succeed".

Frankly this idea is as ridiculous as confusing secede and succeed. You think you'll earn freedom by running from the Union and setting up what amounts to an enemy nation on formerly Union land? One too cowardly to fight for his own nation will have little success in the new one he proposes to establish.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Remember what happened last time some one wanted to leave the Union? Yeh! They went after the south because they had weapons of mass destruction. AND Jefferson Davis was hold up in a cave somewhere....Gerogia maybe... read you history and don't let it repeat itself!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

If that is true then no one outside of Washington DC needs to pay income tax.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

I will have no compunction what so ever about exacting our pound of flesh from those west of the Mississippi that helped vote this clown into office yet decline to pay for his mistakes.

Force us to pay the debt by force will you now?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Hey! Leave Georgia out of this...at least till I get out of here

I'm sorta partial to the purple states...that's really a much clearer indication of America than that silly red and blue stuff anyway.

I heard a woman speaking about the differences between people tonight, and she had a great line...she said,

"I think the gladiators for both sides are inferior representatives of both sides, and that's where a lot of the conflict comes from."

She was speaking about a particular subject, but to me that so struck home as it so accurately summarized all the divisiveness in this nation.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Succession implies creation of a separate gov't.

Gov't.

It will oppress us just like all the previous gov'ts.

So just let it fade like any other rotten tomato.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This thread is ridiculously short-sighted, but yes, that's the general idea sport... if you help burn our house down, you sure as hell aren't skipping out of your share of the cost to rebuild it.

After you do that, feel free to secede - a United States, or whatever's left, free of the narcissism of the left coast would be preferable anyway.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

... if you help burn our house down ...

Enacting reparations upon your own people will you be now?

Occupiers and invaders have always lost throught history because thier cause is not just.

Evil you have become.

Freedom from tyranny and oppression will win the day in the end.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88

... California is getting worse ... A lot of us want out of here.

Personally, I want out of the country

You're going no where.

They have plans for you, to work in slave camps, for the rest of your life to pay for thier debt (Sin).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a7e8171fd9f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31e3f8abb687.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by In nothing we trust]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join