It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Of The UFO That Shut Down The China Airport!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
How do we even know that photo is of the actual UFO? The video seems more legitimate based on what witnesses saw. From another newspaper (OneIndia):

According to the Shanghai Daily, the authorities saw a mysterious glowing object on monitoring instruments.

Adding strength to this sighting of the UFO by the airport authorities is the fact that several locals as well reported to have seen a comet-like fireball in the sky.

Xinhua news agency quoted a local bus driver, who saw a strange glowing object in the sky late Wednesday, Jul 7 afternoon, as saying, "The thing suddenly ran westwards fast, like it was escaping from something."

That sounds more like what the video showed. And it's interesting how a bus driver saw it suddenly "run" westerwards.. which sort of goes against it being a rocket, unless it changed trajectory.

Another news source said: "However, "eye-witnesses could not see a UFO because it would have required special equipment". So, obviously it wasn't close to the airport at all. Certainly not at street level! However, if it were far away, and glowing, perhaps they could see it.

So.. no, photo is probably unrelated... the video of the glowing object, that's probably the culprit. Just to figure out what that was now.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by fleabit]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I give up, I don't see where the language barrier is between English speaking people.

What we've been debunking is whether this image was a helicopter or not.

At no point did we say that a helicopter was what was caused the airport incident. Nothing has been published as of yet that can be attributed to that, the only photos that have been provided so far are obviously not what caused the ruckus.

Just take the time and go back over the past pages in this thread before jumping on the bandwagon, please. It'll cause all of us less headaches when we realize that we're all on the same side here.

*edit - since the topic title has been shown to be what is causing the majority of the confusion, would a moderator kindly change it to reflect that it is -not- the photo of whatever caused the airport incident?

- Fry

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Fryaga]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
A helicopter -- military or private -- must have onbard, by law, a transponder. As soon as a helicopter comes within range of an airport that transponder will automatically respond to the Air Traffic Control. It has no choice.

Ergo... a helicopter cannot be an unidentified object near an airport, unless in the unlikely event that it doesn't have a transponder onboard.

My conclusion, a helicopter didn't cause this chaos.

Whos' law? Chinese law? I'm sure that Chinese military aircraft, fixed wing or rotary, are not bound by the same guidelines as civilian craft. It would be unwise to assume that Chinese military aircraft would only fly with transponders "on". There could be a whole host of reasons that a Chinese military craft would be flying without a responder. Further more, who's to say that the aircraft in the OP photo, is the reason for the "chaos"?

--airspoon

[edit on 9-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not sure if anybody's said this year, but in all seriousness, that UFO looks like the Soul Train!

Seriously! If you've been born prior to 1980, tell me you don't look at that picture and not hear the famed words "Sooouuullll Train!"

That UFO was SOUL TRAIN!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Aliens have landed.... get ready for the live brodcast on Saturday people..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The image in the OP is a long exposure shot of a helicopter, memebers have posted similar images which show the same effect. I don't understand the arguments in this thread, especially the posts attacking knowledgable and long served members' opinions.

Maybe we're looking at this from the wrong point of view, I don't think it was the helicopter that caused the temporary closure or delays, more likely it was there as a response to the cause. As people have said, ATC's would know a helicopter when they saw one. I'd say that there was a more mundane cause of the airport's actions and in typical Chinese tradition, a cover story employed. The photographs served their purpose well.

Sendran.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
1) A mysteryous Helicopter hover above the major chinese airports for one hour on the airline flight path...

2) A mysteryous Missile ICBM comes into the Chinese aerospace and hover for one hour above the major chinese airports...

3) A mysteryous secret military chinese new flying object tested above the major chinese airport and hover for one hour...

Oh, of course there are also the chinese lanterns, the weather balloons and the birds... that can hover above the airports for one hour.

Hmmm.... NO...NO. Absolutely not.

Something don't work.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

it was bumped forward to today last i heard

on topic:

Well the pic is certainly a long exposure of a man made craft. Any news on the official response yet?

~TR~

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer
Aliens have landed.... get ready for the live brodcast on Saturday people..

Saturday, the aliens will sit down, eat pop corn and watch world cup 2010 with us.

link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Further more, who's to say that the aircraft in the OP photo, is the reason for the "chaos"?

I doubt it is.

There's a good chance the OP photo is of a chinese police/army helicopter sent up to investigate, which is pretty interesting in itself. To do that, and close down the airport, it shows they were taking whatever was in the sky very seriously.

link   
Question?

Does anybody know if a helicopter was sent out to intercept the object sitting at the end of the runway,

Didn't the original report say the object was on radar and could only be observed in IR and that the public would not have seen this object ???

it appears already there is Disinformation circulating bareing all the haul marks of a cover up,

This new picture seems to be taken by a civilian in the street, surely this picture should then not have taken so long to come to light???

Is anybody else a bit confused right now?

Also i can't help notise the search light on the helicopter is pointing in front not down i have only ever seen this with a commercial airliner never a helicopter and i see them twice a night or more for the past 15yrs ???

Anybody?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

link   
reply to post by Sendran

Intended or unintended, this was definitely misdirection at its best.

Post a picture that will be identified as a helicopter, “well obviously a helicopter couldn’t be an unidentified object therefore the object in the photo must not be a helicopter.” Thus the circle is started and continues as a distraction from what actually cause the airport to shut down.

Possibly a missile, but others have told us they do not show up on radar, this I do not know as I am not an expert, or is this explanation another misdirection?

Will the final story be misdirection or will it be the truth but subject to scrutiny because of misdirection tactics employed thus far? I am reminded of the little boy that cried wolf.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Do we have photos of the real UFO? The object in the article's photo is clrealy not hovering.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

I'm not sure if was honest to goodness disinformation, or just the standard fair of news agencies grabbing any image they could find to slap on their headline.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
hahah

this picture was surely sold to the Media...very intelligent move by the photographer

maybe he knew how over exposed helis looks like or he just got lucky...but certainly...they did dispatch some chopper..who wouldnt??

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

True, the media does have a habit of doing that, but this still causes even unintended misdirection for the people following the story and could further aid in distorting the official release once one is given.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's a long exposure of what looks like a helicopter.

Which would match up with what the article says about it involving the Chinese military.

So, I wonder why a Chinese military chopper was hovering near the airport?

I'm pretty sure that you are correct. It looks like a helicopter, possibly firing his guns or even a missile.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fryaga
reply to post by AlienCarnage

I'm not sure if was honest to goodness disinformation, or just the standard fair of news agencies grabbing any image they could find to slap on their headline.

I think this is likely,

we have 3 or more images of this Ufo all completely different, theres obviously been a rush to get the first pics.

Why if the helicopter was sent out to intercept would a civilian send in a over exposed helicopter, money? or was it the government? either way alot of things don't add up here at all.

Nice to see so many people on the same page

[edit on 9-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
Not sure if anybody's said this year, but in all seriousness, that UFO looks like the Soul Train!

Seriously! If you've been born prior to 1980, tell me you don't look at that picture and not hear the famed words "Sooouuullll Train!"

That UFO was SOUL TRAIN!

Too funny!!! Soul Train was one of my favorite shows back then. My folks just couldn't understand why I didn't like American Bandstand better.

Bring on da Soul Train...

Wooo hoooo!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by WhiteMagicWoman]

link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Are you freakin serious? have you even bothered to read the thread? We've been over those fake pictures a dozen times already!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join