It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran denying woman will be executed by stoning

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
reply to post by SLAYER69

Adultery causes the biggest failure in marriage, twist and turns won't help.

I have first hand experience.

There is a reason why people won't even marry anymore, because there is no trust left in a society filled with adulterers.

People choose to commit adultery.

It doesn't matter if some guy or gal 100 miles away choose to do it. It never influenced me or my partner. If I had chosen to commit adultery then it would be my fault becuase I chose to do it. Not becuase of societal influences.

I am responsible for my own actions.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yes you are, I don't disagree with that.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
LittleSecret, while what you say is a valid feeling and opinion, do you think death is a suitable punishment for adultery? I may have missed a post.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Well if you agree that people are responsible for their own actions then what business is it of the state that they should execute somebody for adultery? What business is it of any of us? Are we God? Who are we to sit in judgment of others actions.

No. I don't condone adultery. Yes, I feel it is a sin. Yes, what another person does is NONE OF MY DAMNED BUSINESS!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Turnabout is fair play stone the men who commit adultery.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The punishment for adultery is set because adultery causes harm not just to the individual, but also to people around that individual.

That is why laws are created to stop unjust harm.

It breaks the fabric of society.

And no I don't agree with death penalty, but I do agree with physical punishment in this case.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And no I don't agree with death penalty, but I do agree with physical punishment in this case.

reply to post by LittleSecret

Perhaps you've missed the entire story? Google the woman's name. There is plenty of information. This has been going on for 6 years or so, it's not like it's hard to find out the back story.

The woman admitted to adultery. Yes. She was convicted in a court and sentenced to 99 lashes, which was carried out. She was then released.

4 months later, a different court decided to apply an additional sentence of death by stoning. So. What of this? Fair and just?

Supposedly, she collaborated to have her husband killed and the adultery was committed with one of the accused killers. So, I wonder if her additional "sentence" had to do with the collaboration, though she was never charged.... Food for thought.... ???

[edit on 9-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well if you head wasn't 6 feat under the sand you would know there is something called divorce.

And no, we all know the world is not Iran, it is only Americans who can't figure out where Iraq is on the map. Don't even try to be a smarta$$.

I've been divorced once before you know!

I simply fail to see your point of view as logical whatsoever. And this very argument does nothing to support your argument that the girl should be punished for her actions..

This very kind of judgmentalism is the very reason this girl will probably be executed!

"Physically" punishing someone, as you put it, would act to serve what purpose exactly? The ends do not justify the means!

Noone even knows what happened to the girl anyway. What happens when men do the same thing? They probably aren't going to be stoned to death or publicly humiliated and beaten without mercy. For all we know he was a drunk, a cheater, etc.. Maybe he deserved being cheated on. We don't know!

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Adultery causes the biggest failure in marriage, twist and turns won't help.

I have first hand experience.

There is a reason why people won't even marry anymore, because there is no trust left in a society filled with adulterers.

Trust exists in society anymore? That would be news to me.

Everyone is always suspicious of other people. Some people just hide it more than others and this includes myself.

And most of all if you've ever been through a divorce like we, apparently, both have.

A decent marriage has nothing to do with trusting or not trusting. Either way your spouse will be suspicious of you too! As far as personal experience, a good marriage will last when trust isn't even in the equation anymore because neither of you have to worry or stress about it. That's the sign of a lasting marriage.

-ChriS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join