It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran denying woman will be executed by stoning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Iran denying woman will be executed by stoning

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Iran's government is denying reports that an Iranian woman convicted of adultery will be executed by stoning, though her death sentence may still be carried out by some other method.

In the Islamic republic's first public statement on the case of Sakineh Mohammedie Ashtiani, 42, the Iranian Embassy in London, England, said Thursday that "this mission denies the false news aired in this respect and ... according to information from the relevant judicial authorities in Iran, she will not be executed by stoning punishment.

"It is notable that this kind of punishment has rarely
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Still the death penalty but no stoning. I guess that makes a bit of difference.

One odd thing to note here is that in 2007, the last time the war drums were beating on Iran, this very same story was brought "to light." See additional news link.

It appears that this, as well as the nuke fearmongering and the Hezbollan heading toward the U.S. border stories are all in the go-to stories in the play book for taking Iran to war.

I find that rather intriguing, don't you?

www.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sounds like a bit of false information was possibly being spread by the west to try turn public opinion further against Iran.... Doesn't surprise me really, I don't agree with a lot of things about Iran, but I don't want to go to war with them, especially if its based on lies..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bonnieprince

Yep.

Along with the stories I listed (all being rerun from 2007 including this one) I thought of a couple more...

The last time TPTB trotted out this defile-Iran story about her being stoned was...you guessed it 2007...the last time the war drums beat on Iran.

Another story they trotted out in the 2007 slander Iran cycle was Hezbollah moving up from South American to Mexico. It's baaaaaa-aaaaack...but now they're in Mexico! Quick freak out!

And al Qaeda made a reappearance on the scene big time in 2007. Recent news has bin Laden spotted in Iran. And al Qaeda in Norway.

But I'm especially enjoying the new story this cycle, about the ponytails for men. Wow Iran is so controlling and barbaric and evil. Ahmadinejad sort of precountered that one by figting to lift the veil laws.

And OMG they might get nuclear weapons...in TWO years. They've been saying two years for about on 8-10 years now?

They seriously need a new play book.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I find that rather intriguing, don't you?

www.cnn.com

Definitely... I know that as soon as I read the story a few days ago I was absolutely appalled and disgusted with Iran.

No matter what it is a terrible thing, but I wouldn't put it past western media to throw this in peoples faces to serve their own war mongering agenda.

It deliberately sows the seeds of hatred for Iran amongst the western public. Effective brainwashing

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

All the stories are the SAME. Nukes Stoning. Hezbollah moving. Al Qaeda comes roaring back. Why are people forgetting?!!!!!!!!!! It's such a pattern. Just go look stuff up from 2007.

Watch these videos...and you can't tell what year it is. See any similarities?

I should make a thread about this.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

There are video's of these stoning's on the Internet though and Amnesty International has reported on them. It does happen.

If the law were the death sentence in the US or Europe, they would have to fill the parks with graves to fit all the Adulterers.

I'm at a loss how anyone could ever defend these barbaric practices. Let's hope the people of Iran are successful taking their country back from those monsters that dictate to them now.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

How do you fit Amnesty International into this scenario? This information is coming from them via this woman's attorney. The connection eludes me.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm not sure. I can only speculate. Could be opportunism on both sides.

And yes, maybe it does happen.

It probably happens in more countries than we realize. And even more horrific things too. We still put people in electric chairs. They still apparently cut off heads and hands in Saudi Arabia too. But we don't happen have them in our cross hairs at this time. Quite the opposite.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not claiming it doesnt happen, I just find it interesting they only get promoted when the west seems to want war with iran

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I have to agree. But then again, maybe we just notice these things more when Iran is in the news for other reasons. I'm no pro at doing these kinds of analyses. Sure seems like there's a pattern.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Firstly Iran has already abolished the stoning penalty, if you think before you speak, in ATS terms if you do your research before you write, you wouldn't come across as so dumbfounded.

I believe giving one adulterer a hard punishment to save a million marriage, is worth it.

Add me as your foe, next holidays come to New Zealand, I wanna show you reality. U2U me before you come.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Maybe sticks instead of stones? Unbelievable!!

How comforting to know she'll probably still be executed for adultery by some ridiculous method OTHER than stoning... What a primitive society!!

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
Maybe sticks instead of stones? Unbelievable!!

How comforting to know she'll probably still be executed for adultery by some ridiculous method OTHER than stoning... What a primitive society!!

-ChriS

Do you even understand the huge problem Adultery has caused in Western societies? Or is your head under the sand, never been outside your house, or work place to see.

You based your whole point/argument/belief/idea based on the word [ridiculous].

Shows your brain is malfunctioning, can't think, because too much has already been shoved in there through FOX medium.

If you gonna say something, make sure it has a meaning/and is productive, not FOX news slurrs.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Firstly Iran has already abolished the stoning penalty, if you think before you speak, in ATS terms if you do your research before you write, you wouldn't come across as so dumbfounded.

I believe giving one adulterer a hard punishment to save a million marriage, is worth it.

Add me as your foe, next holidays come to New Zealand, I wanna show you reality. U2U me before you come.

You dont own anyone and have no right to determine whether a person may (ats doestn allow me to swear) sleep with anyone of legal age and consenting, whether married or not, no matter what corner of the globe or universe, THIS IS NOT ALLOWED AS YOU DONT OWN ANYONE. This is a morality issue and I personally wouold not care if a trillion kazillion marriages fail especiallly in barbaric coutnries that abuse women. I care about peoples lives and FREEDOM from religous fanatics who think they own and can corporally punish people. If murder is what keeps your family glued together unnaturally, may you and all you know forever live apart. You are a foe to life and liberty in this world. Go and deal with yourself.

I want her rescued, taken out of there by any means necessary and this government denounced and the people taught what is right and wrong and freedom.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Sure! If the world worked how you prefer we'd kill everyone for adultery. Maybe we can even kill single women for wearing thongs or bikinis. What the hell are you thinking?!!

The entire world is not Iran! In America, noone can tell anyone else who they will or will not marry. If marriage falls apart then so be it. In alot of ways its your own fault! But at least if marriage does fall apart, in America we can rest assured that we'll be alright as long as we learn from our mistakes. You can't learn from past mistakes if you're 6 feet under. And she didnt' even harm anybody!

I mean, in the middle east it is SO bad that when I was stationed in Oman in 1998 the most brique magazines available anywhere were body-building magazines. And you couldn't even see half the stuff in the magazine because they paid someone at the mall to go through all the magazines and mark out all the women with permanent black ink!

-ChriS

[edit on 9-7-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
"No, Im not gunna hit him with that hammer, I am going to use this crowbar instead".

Sorry I couldnt help it.

Edit - S&F because this is too damn funny.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Dead is dead, I reckon.

I don't think I have much to add here as to me there's not much of a difference between stoning, firing squad, lethal injection, electrocution, hanging, burning at the stake, and beheading.

As for the rest, to those people out to change the world, the only change that truly sticks is that which comes from within one's self, and that then flows to change within one's family and one's country (and/or one's religion if that's the chosen path). No one else can force a change, particularly in someone or something who doesn't want to change.

Chances are this woman was well aware of the circumstances and potential consequences and made choices throughout her life to get to this point. And if she wasn't, wow. I can't judge or be certain of any of this, as I don't have all the facts and refuse to react viscerally.

And if by chance, this story is being used to incite people's hatred against a country or religion and stir their emotions, to stick in their minds to the point where they can justify more killing and believe it is the righteous path, that's sad.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sucks. But to be honest she must have known the laws there. Surely she would have known the consequences. If she didnt want to live by Sharia Law maybe she should give up on being a die hard muslim and move elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kinkbauble

As long as elsewhere doesn't accuse her of forcing Sharia law on them and prevent her from building mosques, eh?

It's funny, but I'd bet some good portion of the people who are so righteously indigent about this probably would somehow in their minds remember and use this to partially justify invading a barbaric country such as this. And those very same people would probably also be the ones who would be suspicious and hateful were she to move in next door to them. What a world we've created.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join