It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two UFOs over Germany?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I just saw something interesting.

I got up about fifteen minutes ago to go make a sandwich because I was hungry. I thought that, before I turn on the kitchen light, I would take a look outside through the window of my kitchen to look at the stars; which is something I don't get to do too much of anymore. (I live on the top floor of the house that I'm in and there is a slant window in the kitchen which gives one an awesome look at the night sky.)

Upon peering out the window, I immediately saw mighty Jupiter sitting the eastern sky. I also noticed two other stars in the sky, just as bright as Jupiter, not only close to Jupiter, but close to one another; one of them was "above" the other.

I thought to myself, "Wow, I wonder what planets those are next to Jupiter. Was there going to be a conjunction?" I realized that there wasn't going to be as none of the planets that would be visible in the sky right now would be so bright, except maybe Saturn.

I was curious at what I was looking at, and I decided that I would go to a different room so that I could see these points of light better. When I turned around and started walking away, it hit me that one of the lights was getting dimmer! So I rushed back to my slant window and kept watching for fear that I would lose them (I could see them well anyway).

So, I kept watching. Sure enough, one of them was getting gradually dimmer. Once the "bottom" one finished fading, the other light did the same; gradually fading away to nothing. I knew for sure I wasn't looking at a planet then!

One other thing to mention is that these two lights were stationary.

So, I made my sandwich and thought that I would cover my bases. I loaded Stellarium and sure enough, in this region of sky, only Jupiter is visible (Uranus is there too, but it wouldn't ever get this bright unless it was going to plow into the Earth). I then went to Heaven's Above to look and see for ISS and Iridium Flares and there was nothing. There were two other satellites (Genesis 1 and 2) that were passing over during the time, but they wouldn't have gotten so bright. Again, the lights were stationary so it really couldn't have been anything passing overhead anyway.

So, it would seem that as of now, I saw something unidentified. Maybe someone else could shed some light on this. Another thought I had is that this could be flares. Like, maybe the military is doing an exercise or something (which wouldn't be surprising because there have been a lot of military aircraft flying over my town lately). What would be the distinguishing marks of these lights having been flares as opposed to something "other worldly"?

Any other thoughts and comments are welcome!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In this amazing world of technology, you should have gotten a picture or a video, or both.

but I suppose the personal experience for you is still pretty sweet if you believe it to be out of this world, or spectacular.

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Yeah, I wish I could have gotten a picture of video, but stuff like this always seems to happen when it's least expected. I doubt a video or picture would've done much though since it is dark here and a lot of our regular cameras aren't really made to function in no light conditions.

Nonetheless it was still pretty cool to see something that I'm left scratching my head about; even if it is only for a short while.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
wow

i hope you get some more input because i'm curious, too.

and a little jealous...one day it will be my turn to see something questionable in the night sky...

its not for lack of gazing upwards, either, because i love to look up at night, every time i'm outside! its a wonder i haven't broken a leg or something, not watching where i am going.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ive seen somthing very similar to this!

It was similar to a star but it was falling down on the horizon.
It started pretty bright and faded as it got lower, i have thought about satellites but it was about 10Degrees down.
Pretty unlikely as i havent witnessed a satellite moving straight to the horizon so low down.

You said these lights didnt move. Pretty Intresting.
Your inspiring me to go outside, have a gaze!

Keep searching.

Rob

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
yeo I have seen something similar as well. What I thought was venus for the quite awhile, which I was informed later was Jupiter, I watched it slide to the left then wink out. it showed up again about 20 min later way to the right or where I saw it disappear. Was very odd as I have been watching this thing in the same place for months. It is startling isn't it!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

You can allways tell a planet if it moves faster than the stars.

And Venus is a commonely Mistaken for a Ufo beacuse its the Brightest object in the sky (Excluding the sun.)

To OP:

Theres allways the chance that this sighting was a result of non-limunus cloud obscuring the stars.
It would mean, you couldnt see the cloud beacuse it wasnt recieving anylight.

If this was the case, both lights would of faded in a short time.

Were the lights constant/Flickery ect... ?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Robottix]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Robottix

Were the lights constant/Flickery ect... ?

No, they were constant, just like a planet would be. (I know what I saw wasn't Venus because there were two of them and it was in the middle of the night.)

The thought that it may have been a cloud is a good idea. I really don't think it was though because, for it to have been a cloud, Jupiter would have had to have been covered up as well due to its close proximity to these two objects. Jupiter was never obscured though. (Not to mention it was a clear night as well with a moon if I'm not mistaken!)

top topics

join