It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea threatens war if U.N. Security Council blames it for ship sinking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wrong, Its all for show. China ordered lil Kim to do this to see if the U.S. would come to their backyard and play again. China wants it badly so they can move into the mid-east and keep the U.S. out of it. China would love to get the U.S. back into a major proxy war right now on their turf.

Its the only way China can win, they can not project their forces very far and thats only by land.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher China would love to get the U.S. back into a major proxy war right now on their turf.

Proxy war?

If I recall the US and China both had boots on the ground. It wasn't a proxy war. Sounds like you have read some rather interesting books

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

China has two faces. The one they show the world at business meetings and the Olympics, and the real China, where the people are no better off than they were 25-30 years ago. So the vast majority of Chinese are probably no better off than the average N. Korean.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I highly doubt that. Yes the majority may still be struggling but China has made huge advances. I'm not going to idolize them but will give credit where credit is due. They have made great strives towards modernization. They will have by 2020 surpassed the US Interstate highway system in size. What has taken us since the 30s until last year they will have done in little over 30+ years for example.

Even though there are two China's there is also a growing middle class there that wont put up with Beijing's strangle hold over them. Once the Ginnie of openness and awareness of China's roll in the world is out of the bottle, they will demand even more freedoms and then China will have to watch out.

But all of that is off topic.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, I hear some pretty varying stories from people in my family who actually live there. I'm not sure the numbers are as even as some would like us to believe. It's off topic, but in relation to comparing parts of China to N. Korea I guess it's back on. You were right when you said N. Korea might one day blow it's alliance with China, but China's been "with" them through some pretty crazy stuff, so I'm not sure exactly what it would take to sever tha relationship.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
perhaps you havent heard that there were us ships in close proximity when the ship was sunk?
A nuke sub was lurking there below NK and other warships were also involved...perhaps a us aircraft carrier?
im not sure the details....
It would seem there is more to the story than we have all heard......
people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones ya know....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
perhaps you havent heard that there were us ships in close proximity when the ship was sunk?
A nuke sub was lurking there below NK and other warships were also involved...perhaps a us aircraft carrier?
im not sure the details....
It would seem there is more to the story than we have all heard......
people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones ya know....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It sounds like you don't know much or are sure of anything other than internet hearsay. Come back with some links that can collaborate such nonsense.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There is one important fact that everyone leaves out. In a military conflict it is more than possible that units attack without knowledge of the government. Technically, a NK sub would need permission to fire upon a SK ship. Physically, a NK sub would be able to fire on their own...

If a NK sub was to fire upon a SK ship, it would be understandable that NK would deny any wrongdoing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

North Korea is all bark and no bite. They have no support in the international community that would back them in a war with the United States. Even China has long turned their backs on such a stain of a government. The only threat Korea has is the shallow ones of possessing nuclear weaponry. That will only go so far, and one day they will simply push the patience of the world governments too far, and then they will be stomped like a cockroach in a motel bathtub.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by LittleSecret
- I believe the Western empire is the source of the problem, holding peace back.

You do realize that Russia, China, the US, Japan and South Korea are all trying to get North Korea to chill out right? None of them are talking about forcing any kind of reunification on the North yet. Just for them to stop all the saber rattling and threats.

I don't know....
Look at North Koreas statement every few months going back decades they are always threatening war. I don't hear the US or South Korea threatening war every few days or weeks towards them. So who is being the bully here? South Korea is one of the fastest growing countries in the region next to China so which society is better off. Better schools, Hospitals, more opportunity etc?

This was a reply to this:

You're expecting them to move forward with the Western Bully-ism still around?

I guess you expect Cuba to move forward also?

The difference between me and you in regards to this situation is:

- You believe N-Korea is the source of the problem, holding peace back.
- I believe the Western empire is the source of the problem, holding peace back.

Me and you both can agree that everyone in this day and age lies, right? It is hard to find a honest person, or country. That being said, how can we find the truth?

Since the world has gone materialistic, we can find the truth through observation of gains and losses in material sense.

Think about it, what does N-Korea have to gain from peace?
Think about it, what does the Western-empire have to gain from peace?

I don't want to make assumptions in regards, a 50 year old war still continuing? I guess you are gonna argue that since there is/was two monsters, they are both innocent.

OK Slayer, keep dreaming.

You still haven't figured it out, with your experience the expectations are there.

Everyone has moved on except the empire, once you go and declassify the objective of the empire then we can talk, until then we can only make assumptions, and my assumptions seem more correct than yours, hence N-Korea has to gain a lot by pursuing peace, and the empire doesn't have anything to gain. In fact the empire would loose South Korea if there was any unification.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sooo,.. lets blame em for it and get the show on the road,..
I am so tired of these punks taunting us..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

my assumptions seem more correct than yours, hence N-Korea has to gain a lot by pursuing peace, and the empire doesn't have anything to gain. In fact the empire would loose South Korea if there was any unification.

oozism,

You can make all the assumptions you want. The fact of the matter is that there is a very real history on which to draw on. You on the other hand have whats between your ears and a fertile imagination.

Whose to say if unification occurs that South Korea would be lost? Why is it the North who can lay claim to it? Why not the South laying claim over the North? Remember the North with the support of the Communist Soviet Union and red Chinas help attacked the South. So in the END I guess you support the idea of one group trying to force their will on another aye?

So who is the aggressor?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Whose to say if unification occurs that South Korea would be lost? Why is it the North who can lay claim to it? Why not the South laying claim over the North? Remember the North with the support of the Communist Soviet Union and red Chinas help attacked the South. So in the END I guess you support the idea of one group trying to force their will on another aye?

So who is the aggressor?

The unification has to be independent of empires, that means the US will loose control of the Korea as a whole. I don't think there will be any unification under the US, or under China. There has to be an independent Korea.

That independent Korea is a loss for the rogue empire, but not a loss for China, do you know why? Because Korea is a neighbor of China, a stable Korea is good for China, yet two separate Korea always at conflict is bad for China.

So have a think for yourself.

And the Korean conflict started when the US & USSR shared control of Korea when defeating Japan (hence Japan had control of Korea), the people can choose to resist that rule if they wish. The N-Koreans rejected the proposal by US & USSR, it was those two monsters which created the situation which exists in Korea right now:

In a proposal opposed by nearly all Koreans, the United States and the Soviet Union agreed to temporarily occupy the country as a trusteeship with the zone of control demarcated along the 38th parallel.

Wikipedia

Everyone has moved on, except the empire.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

There has to be an independent Korea.

Great.

End of subject.

<< 1  2   >>

join