It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Releases Patient's Bill of Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Barack Obama just released something that's supposed to help convince us that our government is looking out for our health care needs rather than their own agenda:

Barack Obama's Patient Bill of Rights

Me personally, I'm going to stay far away from any hospitals, emergency rooms, or anything with the Barack Obama seal of approval. Every man (or woman or child) for themselves from here on out I suppose.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just like at the doctors.. it all seems ok until you get the bill.. just wait till your rates go sky high and taxes go sky high and even if you wanted to your are going to be breaking the law if you don't have insurance..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hope, Change and Obamacare.

No surprises here. Just more money is going to be taken from me to support his BS.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I actually wrote to the White House very early on to ask "How does it help those who can't afford insurance now to mandate purchase of insurance, and make it illegal not to have it?" I got no response.

Seriously, if they can't afford it now no matter how badly they need or want it how is forcing the issue going to help? What do they stop paying to buy it with?
Groceries, rent, mortgage, child care?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Of course, the government touches anything and it goes to crap, but after reading over that, it didn't sound evil on the surface. Children that get sick should not be denied health coverage, and if you are in an ambulance and get brought to the nearest hospital that happens to not be under your insurance policy, you shouldn't have to wait for approval, nor should you be charged more. Not too angry about the ending of annual limits either. Not needing a referral to see an OB-GYN, sounds pretty fair to the women. If I get sick, and my insurance decides to go back and cancel my policy from the time I started showing symptoms and make me pay for it, I have no recourse. This bill also changes that.

I wonder what ATS would have been like when HIPPA was introduced?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There are some good principles in the health care bill, but that isn't worth a hill of beans compared to the elephant in the room.

Forcing people to purchase health insurance OR penalizing them via tax if they don't.

If the tax forms start asking if I have health insurance or not, and/or asking for proof of health insurance, I will not file. Nor will I voluntarily pay a tax for not having health insurance.

I dare the government to come after me for that. I can spare to give up a few bullets, but I sure can't spare to give up another freedom.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So far, I haven't figured out how it is going to benefit anybody. There isn't an ER in the country that will turn you away because you don't have the ability to pay. Just ask any illegal.

What I do know is this:

1) If your employer doesn't pay for your insurance they will be fined. The fine will be cheaper than paying for your insurance. What do you think they'll do?

2) If your employer is paying for half of your insurance, like most do with employer provided insurance, you will be taxed on the portion that your employer is paying, like regular income.

3) The yearly deductible is going up from $7500 to $10,000. Meaning right now, if you have $7500 or more annual medical expenses, you can deduct it on your tax returns. Under Obama care, that number goes up to $10K.

4) Currently you can use your FSA on over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, or other healthcare items. Under Obamacare, you can no longer use your FSA to pay for those items.

I have yet to see how this is going to benefit the average, working American, who is already supporting the rest of society. If I'm missing something, feel free to point it out.

new topics

top topics

join