posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:10 AM
I have one more thing that you need to do for your corvette, depending on the year of course. (That being said, I'm hoping that your idea of
sandblasting the windows, removing chrome, and brush painting it with grey textured paint, will not happen to a new one...)
YOU NEED A SMOKESCREEN! And the good news is, it's easier than you may think.
1. Ensure it's a carbureted corvette. Won't work with fuel injection.
2. Drain washer solvent tank.
3. Fill washer solvent tank with automatic transmission fluid.
4. Take the solvent jets from windshield/wipers and redirect them into the carburetor.
5. When you need to use your smokescreen, simply press your washer button.
For those who don't know, if you pour ATF (Auto tranny fluid) into a carburetor of a running engine, the result is IMMEDIATE thick, white smoke from
the exhaust. Over time, the ATF will dry out the gaskets in the carb, but that's a quick rebuild anyway. It would take at least a year of REGULAR
use before you had to replace the gaskets.
Damn, these are fun ideas. Anyone have any more???