It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Israel not considering strike against Iran right now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

McCain: Israel not considering strike against Iran right now

www.haaretz.com

U.S. Senator John McCain said Wednesday that he does not believe Israel is currently considering military action against Iran over its contentious nuclear program, The Washington Post reported.

"I don't believe we are at the point of making that kind of decision, nor is the Israeli government, given the state that Iran is in now as far as the development of their nuclear weapons is concerned," McCain told reporters after talks with Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi and Defense Minister Ehud Barak.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well there ya have it all you Castro supporters out there. Guess we'll see who is right. Does Israel strike Iran "before the World Cup is over" (according to Castro) or will there be no strike any time soon as John McCain states.

Im not sure but i have a feeling Catsro may be taking the World Cup too seriously. Its just a game and Cuba isnt even playing in it. Oh well-i guess time will tell once again who is right.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Obama said this this morning too.

Obama says Israel unlikely to surprise US with Iran attack

(AFP) – 27 minutes ago

JERUSALEM — US President Barack Obama said in an Israeli TV interview broadcast on Thursday it is highly unlikely the Jewish State would surprise Washington with an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

"It is unacceptable for Iran to posses nuclear weapons and we are going to do everything we can to prevent that happening," Obama said told Israel's Channel 2 television in an interview taped on Wednesday.

"Neither of us try to surprise each other," he said, responding to a question if he was concerned Israel would surprise the US with an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
well, it wouldnt make sense for anyone to attack anyone

come on ... !!#!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I guess your post makes you a McCain supporter then?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Only in the instance of who do i believe more "in this particular case".

Originally posted by belial259

I guess your post makes you a McCain supporter then?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just by keeping the story in the media you keep the Iranians in a permanent state of frenzy as they go rushing around the desert declaring war (as apparently they just have against no one in particular).

They are being played like puppets and are responding exactly as required. The media is a powerful weapon.

Of course Israel won't attack, it's pointless.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Obama said, in fact, that he won't be surprised if Israel attacks.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

The Iranians haven't "declared war" on anyone but once in the past several hundred years, and that was manipulated.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

He said, he doubts they'd surprise us with an attack. Of course not, I'm sure they'd tell at least him.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear it from Obama rather than McCain. McCain wouldn't exactly be in the know in my opinion.

I'm glad the president is saying something along these lines at least, as it would look pretty bad on him should something go down

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Israel will not attack without US support much less without tellling the US ... they already have a comprehensive strategy of attrition in place with the latest sanctions.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
One interesting thing worth noting here is that Obama said that

JERUSALEM — US President Barack Obama said in an Israeli TV interview broadcast on Thursday it is highly unlikely the Jewish State would surprise Washington with an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

I think the key word there is surprise. It sounds like Israel is expected to let him know first. Yeah right! **note of sarcasm here**

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

great news, finaly the end of Israel will come as they do their suicde attack on Iran

Iran launches everything it has, israel does the same, win win

its only civilians who doe in their millions, but macains right.

VIVA LA CASTRO

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
NOW is definately the right time for Israel to attack Iran!

Why?

Because there are so many US / UK Warships and Subs off the Iranian Coast, if Iran wanted to attack back, they would be obliterated.

Israel should strike as soon as possible because if they leave it much longer, Iran has more chance of producing a working Nuke (if they haven't already purchased a few)?

Just do it and get it over with, the cost to keep all this show of force off the Iranian Coast will bankrupt the US if they leave it much longer!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

hey can you keep the UK out of this?
if the US want to sacrafice their men and women fine, let them die no one really cares for them here.

cameron wont risk doing a blair and risking more lives of brits

[edit on 8-7-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
How about we let Israel attack Iran's alleged Nuke sites, Then while their doing that have the US and UK attack Israel's Nuke sites.

Well we want a Nuke free middle East don't we

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
NOW is definately the right time for Israel to attack Iran!

Why?

Because there are so many US / UK Warships and Subs off the Iranian Coast, if Iran wanted to attack back, they would be obliterated.

Israel should strike as soon as possible because if they leave it much longer, Iran has more chance of producing a working Nuke (if they haven't already purchased a few)?

Just do it and get it over with, the cost to keep all this show of force off the Iranian Coast will bankrupt the US if they leave it much longer!

Do you have ANY idea what an attack on Iran will likely do to the western economy? It's lights out overnight if Iran get hit.

Where is the evidence warranted clearly showing Iran is actually working on a nuke? Have you seen the clear physical evidence? I sure as sh@t haven't.

Oh thats right.... there IS none! Just like with Iraq and Afghanistan...

Who needs evidence when you can just throw a bunch of FOX news stories on the tube with headlines like "IRAN NUKE THREAT" and it's guaranteed you gun swinging yanks will swallow it hook line and sinker?

"Let's go to war baby"

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

No one knows where those are. Probably in Gaza.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

when you are America or Israel, you dont need evidence
Just like the Bible says it True, it must be True as it Says so in the Bible and other bibkical scripts

and Since the US or israel say Iran has Nukes or going for Nukes it must be true as the US is saying so,

Just like IRAQ has i mean Had WMDs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join