It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must watch video regarding Islamic Faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I found this documentary the other day while browsing netflix. I only post it because I thought it was very well done. I myself am an Iraqi Vet, I posted the otehr day about a subject non related. I thought this is a good video, which basically outlines the faith in general. The vast majority of people will say, Only a small group of muslim's are extremist's. I think this video does a GREAT job of breaking down how much deeper the roots go than just a few guys up in a cave such as Bin Laden. (No im not some super nazi, I believe 9/11 was a cover up, and I believe Iraq invasion was not necessary) Just read / Watch Pls.

I have been to Iraq and I am the first to say there is some great people there, who do just want peace. A good friend of mine was an Interpreter who I rode around with all for hours each day, from Jan 2005 to 2006 in West Baghdad (Abu Ghraib area) who was killed outside the Abu Ghraib prison by a "taxi" driver who he attempted to get a ride home with, after completing a patrol with my unit. For he had been found out by the local "extremist's" he was working with us. However the vast majority of Muslim nations will always follow this rule of any Non Believer's are second class, and deserve to be killed or treated as such. Watch And make an educated assumption. (it is a little dry to watch, but it sticks to Only the Facts)

video.google.com...#

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Please tell me this is an anti-Islamic documentary. I don't see why there are so many anti-Islamic get their sources from. Oh wait the media.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If youd read my post I simply said watch it, and make an assumption. If you dont watch it then why are you commenting.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 8yrARMYvet

I already seen a similar film. All it is Islamophobia against Muslims. Just like propaganda against the Soviets, Nazis and who ever else the government chooses to fight.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ok well thats your opinion. I just like to note the Facts that this video presents, if you stick strictly to the teachings you can see what the underlying theme of the prophet muhammid is. I mean, its clear. Also this video shows the poor education system in "modern" countries such as Pakistan. If a nation only teaches religion in school, and not general education studies (math, literature,science ect..) They will remain poor. I will also note the extremists in each religion, and I feel they all present problems for future peace in this world. I just think this is the most extreme case. Thats just IMO. Anyways.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Of course religion can't substitute educational studies in school. You'll be surprised with the true history of Islam and all the breakthroughs it has brought to the world.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So the fact that the Koran and relating, for lack of a better word Memorandum's along with it. Specifically teach to kill and Ambush any non believers at every chance you get, and that its the duty of all muslim's to make jihad against any non believer. And the Majority of this religion's followers takes this Literally, not Hypothetically.. Like Kill them with economical power, but to Literally make physical war with any non believer. You dont think that presents a major problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If you knew anything but propaganda you'd know that islum is an imperialist MLM political scheme, and has by written doctrine allowed all manner of death and destruction BY DOCTRINE against non muzzies for any reason, has in essense contributed nothing other than allowing survival of technologies in conquered lands when it profited the leaders. Dont even startw with algebra, which existed without islum.
Islum is a psychotic rambling of perversity, it has no justification and no narrative outside the goals of one man who saw himself as absolute ruler. Read the queeran, it is a ramblin self congradulatory mess of narcissism. There is nothing of higher order or holiness in it, just wordly lusts fullfilled and justified. Prophet my ass what has mudhumud prophesied that couldnt be guessed at knowing weaknesses of human nature manipulated by the unscrupulous?
If you cant think for yourself based ojn facts stay in the kitchen and let the men take care of things so you dont make things worse inflicting yourself into what you dont know, a uterus is not a valid excuse for having an uneducated opinion. Until one reads the queeran, one should keep a tightly closed piehole, debating on opinions only is a fools errand

[edit on 8-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Keep the faith in this dar al-harb.
Vigilance, brother...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

Please stop while your ahead, There must be a God; Because you haven't died by the head on crash. So Islam is nothing more then imperialism? You're a very arrogant person. The truth hurts. Look all the great achievements Islam has accomplished in the world.
www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_5

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_2

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_1

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
all religions are the same they all have people that want to kill in the name of their god. they all have egotistical leaders that use
texts from thousands of years ago to brainwash and manipulate. they all have people that believe people of another religion should convert or die. they all have decent peace loving people that are tarred with the brush of those who commit atrocities in their name. from Muslims sheit and sonny to evangelists and catholics. Hindu's I've never heard of one but theirs bound to of been a bad buddhist at some point. and the people whose religion is currency and power. I'm sorry to hear about your interpreter friend. bet you've got a few story's to tell. its always nice to hear a war veteran acknowledge the the war they were fighting was wrong. it doesn't mean the troops are wrong it's the people that send them there. are you still in the military, i go to the recruiting office tomorrow to formally apply.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

care to explain to me what contributions in the last.........oh 700 years ANYONE who is islamic has contributed?

dont say the number 0 that was waaaay back.....so was the astronomy stuff........seriously.........in the last 700 years explain to me what huge advances in technology or ANY OTHER enterprise they have contributed?

you linked AMAZON books.........seriously man, try a little harder, come up with something on your post, and reply to me.....dont link books to buy......I want YOU to do the research and tell me

they really HAVENT, thats why they come to the US to learn and go to college, because THEIR institutions teach more about religion then anything else......

And before you call me anti muslim.....many of my friends are muslim and so are many of my clients, they are great people......most of them......So dont sidetrack

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well let's get historical see the truth of the history of Islam. I'm shock to see all the negative people on ATS today. Snippet from Wikianswers.
wiki.answers.com...

One can probably write a book on the achievements of Muslims. In fact, people have. I can list a few of these achievements, but if you want a bigger picture, you will have to do more research. Muslims transferred what is known as the Arabic numerals to Europe. These are the same numbers on your keyboard (assuming you are using an English keyboard). They also transferred the concept of zero. However, Muslims did not come up with either originally. That was done by Indians (not Native American "Indians"). Continuing on math, algebra was begun by a Muslim. Geometry, trigonometry, and calculus were also contributed to, as well as arithmetic, cryptography, and mathematical induction. (See related link for more information on Muslim contributions in mathematics.) Muslims have made tremendous contributions in science and technology. Astronomy in particular flourished. Also, chemistry, physics, zoology, psychology, medicine, I could go on forever! (See related link for more information on Muslim contributions in the sciences.) Math and science were especially influenced by Muslims, but economics and sociology also were contributed to.

Another link I would like to share.
score.rims.k12.ca.us...
hubpages.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1

A millenium of death and oppression. Drink your mudlim koolaide, youre a genetic dhimmi, that's obvious you know nothing but spin, millions of dead in homage to mudhommud everywhere they go is the legacy, not some purloined technology of soulful poetry. the Filth of a murderous faith is obvious to all that have even 2 braincells to synapse, all that one needs to know of a bloodthirstly chavvanistic god of islum. You find a diety demanding death and slavery tolerable I do not. No evidence of nonpolitical mudlim kindness can be documented anywhere.
Donty be the typical lazy indulged american female, actually READ and understand the source material and them spew your opinion, not before.

Did you just call me a "typical lazy indulged american female." Dear God please stop joking around with and get serious.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Pointless to argue with the entittled, there is nothing in the queeran about algebra, service to mankind, astronomy etc, just death and destruction to be served as desired upon infidels. The querran is a book bereft of human kindness or love not demanded by human force and degredation.
It'd be like discussing the benefits of sobriety and responsibility with lindsey lohan, just so much fertiilzer. One apparently some children think that culture and religion are the same thing. Oh to be that stupid again, how much easier life would be in neverland

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok I see that, and one can debate that EVERY culture somewhere along the lines have ALL contributed to something, in some way. However, do you dispute that nations which teach mostly religion in school. The schools which are non religious get basically no attention or funding. You feel they can become a better society and can contribute to the modern world. Yet they remain the most economically FUBAR nations on earth. By teaching ONLY religion? So sad for the kids who wont ever know anything else, aside the Koran.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

You know you're a very rude person who chooses to me against facts on history. Truly I believe you to be a troll who thinks he's very funny at attacking a religious belief that you don't anything about or to spell the name correctly.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Of course religion can't substitute educational studies in school. You'll be surprised with the true history of Islam and all the breakthroughs it has brought to the world.

Could you tell us of these 'breakthroughs' you are speaking of? I'd be really interested to know what they are.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I find this a very compelling example of projection. Troll? I considered conversion at one time, but what I read repelled me by the very absence of anything even approaching holy.
I've read the book, so I dont have to rely on 3rd hand opinions.
I read personalities for a living, so I'm pretty good at reading yours, your avatar suggests a vivid yet unrealistic fantasy life, and is reinforced by your palaver in extolling the virtues of a religion you know nothing about. The discussion is about ISLAM not arabic culture, which existed even before islum did. Me a troll? Why do you only argue your opinions ignoring tthe topic then?
Mudlimism isnt about astronomy its about the justification of enslaving infidels for worldly benefit. Dont mis-mix metaphores and expect to be viewed as intelligent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join