It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The loss of individuality and the desire to connect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Well, I'm basically a loner with over a hundred friends on facebook
As in, I post real world stuff daily and rarely get responses. Then I look at some of my fb friends mindless one sentence comments and see a ton of likes and comments. So I think that fb mostly just promotes the sheep mentality. People don't think it's cool to talk about real political, economic, or environmental issues. So, I actually wonder sometimes why I'm even on there anymore. I'm well aware that the government and organizations are data mining, but aren't they always? Isn't it pretty much impossible to be totally secure and unhackable? It's the same mentality I have for my vehicle and house. I junk them up and keep valuables mixed in between, and keep the doors unlocked. People don't mess with unlocked, junked up places.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Well, I'm basically a loner with over a hundred friends on facebook
As in, I post real world stuff daily and rarely get responses. Then I look at some of my fb friends mindless one sentence comments and see a ton of likes and comments. So I think that fb mostly just promotes the sheep mentality. People don't think it's cool to talk about real political, economic, or environmental issues. So, I actually wonder sometimes why I'm even on there anymore. I'm well aware that the government and organizations are data mining, but aren't they always? Isn't it pretty much impossible to be totally secure and unhackable? It's the same mentality I have for my vehicle and house. I junk them up and keep valuables mixed in between, and keep the doors unlocked. People don't mess with unlocked, junked up places.

If you were to do that then what is the point telling it here, it would not be a secret anymore. So I think you are something else ? God I hate it when I get all smart.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I'm really not sure what you're saying here. Nobody on ATS has a clue where I live if that's what you were referring to.

<< 1   >>

join