It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Your arguement holds absolutely no merit whatsoever. A person does not choose to be black, a person does however choose to be gay. You can't compare being black to being gay.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

He was not born that way. that is bull and you and he both know it. Noone is born gay. We are not sexual beings period until puberty. Kinda the point of puberty. That gave him 12 or 13 years to form his identity. Something somewhere went wrong or was missing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
A person does not choose to be black, a person does however choose to be gay.

Let me get this straight(pun intended), you could choose to be gay?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

By sanctified I mean approved by God.

I'm not Catholic or Christian. Or anything. The closest thing you could call me is Gnostic.

I prefer to think of it as an amalgamation of Taoist, Buddhist, Gnostic, and a little bit of Jew (The real Judaic Jew though, not non-Hebrew, non Judaic people who claim that because their ancestors followed Judaism, they are a Jew. Longer story though...)

I was initially brought to religion through Catholicism. Self-loathing rituals bored me. Then I converted to Baptist on my own at age 9. After seeing the hypocrisy I decided to find my own way. As my mother would attend countless religious classes with the Baptist church I left, I would ask her questions and debate on her studies.

By age 17 I began to study the actual teachings and messages of Jesus. And the far-reaching logical conclusions. Through that I began to see things empathetically without judging. Even if I disagreed with something.

That's because part of being enlightened, is knowing that others are not. And rather than force them to be what you would like them to be, or belittle them. You allow them to experience life according to their own will. In the hope that they will see the light and make their own decision.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Absolutely. Homosexuality is purely sexual. A man can love another man and not be gay. The moment it becomes sexual it becomes Homosexual. If a man is forced to have sex with another man it's rape. If he is not forced and yet he does it anyway then he chose to. It's not genetic, it's a decision plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Absolutely. Homosexuality is purely sexual. A man can love another man and not be gay. The moment it becomes sexual it becomes Homosexual. If a man is forced to have sex with another man it's rape. If he is not forced and yet he does it anyway then he chose to. It's not genetic, it's a decision plain and simple.

This exact same sentiment applies to heterosexuals. The moment it becomes sexual it becomes a sin of the flesh.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Absolutely.

You're WAY different than I am then. I could have sex with a man, but for a PANTLOAD of money. That wouldn't make me gay, it would make me a whore. I am just NOT attracted to men. I don't even like skinny girls. I'm looking for I don't have.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

It absolutely does unless it is within the confines of marriage. Don't confuse my intent here. I'm not hating anyone, I'm just stating stats and my own opinions backed by scripture. I don't hate anyone, or even dislike anyone. But I am still entitled to my opinion. I can love someone and yet despise what they do. If your child murders someone, do you hate him? NO. You still love him as much as ever, but you hate what he did. I have sinned and I still sin. I know I do and I pray for forgiveness and try my best not to do the same sin again. I am not perfect but I am humble enough to admit when I've done wrong and try and change. The problem with homosexuals is no responsibility. If it's not their fault then it can't be wrong, and if that does not work then they set out to prove that God does not exist so that way it can't be immoral.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

So, please enlighten us as to the moment that you chose to be straight. Studies have shown that the brains of homosexuals are fundamentally different from the brains of heterosexuals. This is to such a degree as to not be caused by neuroplasticity, but during the formation of the brain.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

We are not sexual beings period until puberty. Kinda the point of puberty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Good God! Are you just a fount of misinformation or what?
Yes you are you little fundy dickens!

Seems, I was ahead of the curve, i sure liked the little girls when I was a little boy!
Uh, puberty is when bodies become able to reproduce, we are OBVIOUSLY able to have sexual feeling way before puberty.
Just curious! Do you know what year this is?
JUST WONDERING!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If you could willingly have sex with another man, even for money then you are gay. Perhaps not to the point of most homosexuals but still gay. How could you possibly have sex with someone you are not attracted to? If you become aroused with another naked man then you are gay no matter the monetary situation.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Soloist

He was not born that way. that is bull and you and he both know it. Noone is born gay. We are not sexual beings period until puberty. Kinda the point of puberty. That gave him 12 or 13 years to form his identity. Something somewhere went wrong or was missing.

How could you possibly know that people aren't born gay? I was attracted to females from a very young age so I see no reason it wouldn't be the same for gay people. Attraction doesn't need to include sexual feelings.

Recent experiments where the FucM gene was knocked out caused female mice to act like male mice and ignore other males and attempt to mate with other females. This was an experiment to discover the function of fucrose on produced proteins, not a biased experiment to strengthen a particular groups viewpoint.

It is also well known that the amount of testosterone a baby is subjected to in the womb has a strong effect on the sexuality. Everyone is on a sliding scale on the male to female line, from 100% male to 100% female. If you are unlucky you could end up with the wrong sex organs to the gender you feel like.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If you become aroused with another naked man then you are gay no matter the monetary situation.

That's my point. Men don't arouse me. Everyone has a price though.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

No you are not able to have sexual feelings as a small child. If you did then something was fundamentally wrong with you. It is abnormal for a child to have sexual feelings.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It absolutely does unless it is within the confines of marriage. Don't confuse my intent here. I'm not hating anyone, I'm just stating stats and my own opinions backed by scripture. I don't hate anyone, or even dislike anyone. But I am still entitled to my opinion. I can love someone and yet despise what they do. If your child murders someone, do you hate him? NO. You still love him as much as ever, but you hate what he did. I have sinned and I still sin. I know I do and I pray for forgiveness and try my best not to do the same sin again. I am not perfect but I am humble enough to admit when I've done wrong and try and change. The problem with homosexuals is no responsibility. If it's not their fault then it can't be wrong, and if that does not work then they set out to prove that God does not exist so that way it can't be immoral.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion. And for every piece of scripture you can cite, there is another someone else can cite that completely contradicts the one you just cited.

If you claim sex amongst homosexuals is a sin, then you must also accept sex amongst heterosexuals is a sin. That is the religious stance. If you incorporate procreation as a logical defense rather than religious. I counter that sex is not needed for procreation.

Being in a marriage does not eliminate the fact sex is a sin.

You say "they" set out to prove God doesn't exist. Who is "They"? All Homosexuals? Then you're just generalizing everyone under a blanket. And ignoring reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Those are bogus studies by biased people with intent of excusing homosexuality to something beyond choice.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcalibur254

Those are bogus studies by biased people with intent of excusing homosexuality to something beyond choice.

All science is bogus studies when it contradicts religion. At least that's what I gathered.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sex among heterosexuals is not a sin if they are married.
Sorry I don't see where your logic is coming from.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think some people are born gay.

How do you explain the obvious effeminate man or masculine women?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

For every study for a subject you can find just as many against the same subject.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join