It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I dont subscribe to the modern school of debate. And you know what I am talking about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I guess you mean that NEW style of facts and logic. i guess you can rely on the OLD debate style where you simply ignore things that don't support your position.

Why doesn't the anti gay crowd just admit that gays just bug and disgust on a gut level and therefore should have no rights?! THAT, at least would be honest.
Is it because that would lay on the line how morally vapid and sick their position is? Just wondering!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by OldDragger]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
What I am trying to say is that your are pulling it down to a low point. Common denominators like... we are capable of procreating without it... While a fact this even has issues of its oun it really doesnt confront the issue. Nor does all sex is an indulgence.

Romans 8:8
Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.
That's why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.
Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Indeed, those who are under the control of human nature cannot please God.

Ephesians 2
1 And to you did he give life, when you were dead through your wrongdoing and sins, 2 In which you were living in the past, after the ways of this present world, doing the pleasure of the lord of the power of the air, the spirit who is now working in those who go against the purpose of God; 3 Among whom we all at one time were living in the pleasures of our flesh, giving way to the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and the punishment of God was waiting for us even as for the rest

Following your "natural instincts" as an excuse for heterosexual sex. Is still sex, which is a pleasure of the flesh. It is a sin to give in to the temptation of flesh.

So if "common denominator" is your excuse that it isn't after quoting so much ecclesiastical law... You aren't much of a debater.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

So you have no answer for it then. Gotcha.

I did indeed answer. I just didnt get into it deep...cant roll up my sleeves for that.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

I dont subscribe to the modern school of debate. And you know what I am talking about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I guess you mean that NEW style of facts and locic. i guess you can rely on the OLD debate where you simply ignore things that don't support your position.

Why doesn't the anti gay crowd just admit that gays just bug and disgust on a gut level them and therefore should have no rights?! THAT, at least would be honest.
Is it because that would lay on the line how morally vapid and sick their position is? Just wondering!

Is there an emoticon signifying "Ewwwww" that one might post as a valid reply in this debate

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Well ok ...yes...tomcat wont get a pass....but it looks like gay sex is always going to be on the list. In the case of hetro marriage a vail is over what goes on in the bed room....even if its rank. The word also says the bed is sanctified in marriage and there is no way the gay bed is going to sanctify gay marriage.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Yeah, I guess you mean that NEW style of facts and locic. i guess you can rely on the OLD debate where you simply ignore things that don't support your position.

I mean the new style of win at all costs even if the truth is sloppy as long as it sounds good and the opponet cant answer. I mean really fellas...the black civil rights struggle, mixed marriage, using the half of the bible you didnt tear out.

Whatever... good show...a respectfully depart...good row.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well ok ...yes...tomcat wont get a pass....but it looks like gay sex is always going to be on the list. In the case of hetro marriage a vail is over what goes on in the bed room....even if its rank. The word also says the bed is sanctified in marriage and there is no way the gay bed is going to sanctify gay marriage.

There is NO definitive world view on marriage or the sanctity of the bedroom.

And what the hell does...

"the bed is sanctified in marriage and theres no way a gay bed is going to sanctify gay marriage"

Do you know what the hell sanctified means? In most cases of heterosexual marriage, the marriage IS NOT sanctified PERIOD. Meaning the bed can not be.

Neither is sanctimonious. Jesus.

Why don't we remove your right to marry because you won't find it religiously sanctified by your own standards. If you want to apply religious rhetoric, you are denying your own self the right to marry.

So if you're honestly fine with denying everyone marriage and admit if you are married or if you will be that your marriage is not sanctified because you didn't follow the letter of God. Then I'm okay with that.

But stop trying to pretend YOU are the one doing it right.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What I am trying to say is that your are pulling it down to a low point. Common denominators like... we are capable of procreating without it... While a fact this even has issues of its oun it really doesnt confront the issue. Nor does all sex is an indulgence.

Just curious how big a concern procreation really is? Is there a shortage of people at the moment? Do we not have enough babies going around? For the simple fact that gay parents rarely CREATE new people but try to empty orphanages should be enough reason to at least consider it. Why do we need more people procreating right now?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I see you skipped over my posts again? Don't you like me?

No I just cant keep up....I feel like general Custer in here

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

"the bed is sanctified in marriage and theres no way a gay bed is going to sanctify gay marriage"

Do you know what the hell sanctified means? In most cases of heterosexual marriage, the marriage IS NOT sanctified PERIOD. Meaning the bed can not be.

That bed sanctified in marriage comment comes from Paul. Its simply a poetic way of saying that marriage takes the question or qestions out of the issue of sex....say like questions about sex before marriage.

On that last line there.....sorry cant do that

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That bed sanctified in marriage comment comes from Paul. Its simply a poetic way of saying that marriage takes the question or qestions out of the issue of sex....say like questions about sex before marriage.

If the marriage is not sanctified, then the bed isn't sanctified. Because everything that takes place in the bed is unsanctioned. Get it?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

He went to the front and gave himself to God... He is now a big time preacher who ministers to th LGBT community.. He is married with kids.. All because we just loved on him and let God do the work... And He did indeed...

Sounds like a wonderful church but,

What if he hadn't changed?

I know a lot of gays and lesbians who would find it offensive that the high point of this situation was he became straight.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Got to hand it to you!
you will be a God lovin' queer, uh, disliking, homphobic, hide prejudice behind religion neanderthal thinkin boy till the end! Reminds me of the good ol boys that swore they would never accept no 'n-word's! Good company! You are amazing.

But I like Elton John his music and what not. Just couldnt marry him.

And I like the blues, watermellon and fried chicken. Just gotta use the back door....

Really.. later. Been real...another show, another stage....another time.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I decided to read the history of marriage,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If the marriage is not sanctified, then the bed isn't sanctified. Because everything that takes place in the bed is unsanctioned. Get it?

I must understand what you mean by an unsanctified marriage. Are you catholic?

But yea I said as much about gay marriage.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I feel for you, Custer. You are inundated.
As for what you feel is a pot shot, if smug condescension has a place in this debate, so does humour. You want a private conversation, U2U.

If you need to blame some gay guy for tearing out half your Bible, start with Paul or Constantine or King James. Prove that they were not self-loathing homosexuals who didn't intentionally use the Bible as part of an anti-gay agenda as so many do today. Then they will lend some valid support to your claims.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

But I like Elton John his music and what not. Just couldnt marry him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody is asking you to! But you want to prohibit him from doing what you are free to do.

And I like the blues, watermellon and fried chicken. Just gotta use the back door....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll assume you are trying to be funny. you aren't.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

en.wikipedia.org...

What a nightmare. God if I thought is was just a contract I would have stayed single and paid for whores on the weekend.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Yes I have done pissed you off. ....that back door thing.....that was dule man you got to give me that.....it may be the only real conection with the civil rights movement.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

en.wikipedia.org...

What a nightmare. God if I thought is was just a contract I would have stayed single and paid for whores on the weekend.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join