It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 US Troops to Costa Rica and 46 US Warships?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
It all just seems strange. That's a lot of firepower for drug interdiction, in my opinion anyway.

That may be but let me ask you ATS'ers something.

Do you think with that many warships and that many troops they COULD shut Columbia down and put them out of the drug business?

If they used these troops for all out war on drug cartels I think they could put a dent in the operation.

I do not think this would be nearly enough to shut them down. ( not globally or even in the Costa Rico country.)

For an appropriate response the USA should have sent 500 war ships and 100 thousand troops. Really get in there good and sweep the country side and clean up.

If they actually use any of these troops for the purpose in which they are sent in, they will quickly find out they are out manned and out gunned.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If we shut down the drug cartels, the CIA would have to have telethon fundraisers for their black ops financing. We own the Afghani opium trade, and we have 8 US bases in Columbia (the #1 coc aine hub). Our military is there to assist in the drug war alright, and its' probably to protect the crops. They'll take out the druglords, but I'd imagine they will consolidate all the farms into one operation so the CIA can manage it better.
Oh.. and yeah.... they want to sweat Venezuela too since the borders have been warming up between them and us.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sending all these Warships, boats and thousands of troops to stop drugs coming into the US!

Wouldn't it be easier to just say, nothing from your country enters US Waters or via the air?

They can make as much drugs / stupid stuff as they like then but if they can't get it into the US, they can't sell it, therefore pointless making so much ......??

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and missing something?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Sending all these Warships, boats and thousands of troops to stop drugs coming into the US!

Wouldn't it be easier to just say, nothing from your country enters US Waters or via the air?

They can make as much drugs / stupid stuff as they like then but if they can't get it into the US, they can't sell it, therefore pointless making so much ......??

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and missing something?

I was under the impression from recent threads that the USA doesn't find it very easy to control what or who comes through its borders....

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
this is not for drug interdiction- some donated pt boats could handle that.
practice for venezuela more likely. or positioning near the canal.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
actually one of the main jobs of today's navy is counter-drug ops. so the 46 ships, i'd put money that they're mostly, frigates, destroyers, cruisers, and lcs's. one of the main jobs of the smaller warships is counter drug ops, along with anti-submarine warfare, striking land based targets with tomahawk missiles.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Though many of you whom replied bring up excellent arguments, and compelling evidence, is it possible, call me crazy, but is it possible we are over there for just exactly whats being reported? I'm not saying I buy into all the propaganda our beloved gov.t likes to preach, but its fact that Venezuela has the smallest oil manufacturing in comparison to say , i dunno Saudi Arabia, which also Facts support the claims that Chavez doesnt have the oil resources he claims or promotes.
I'd like to think this has to do with oil and military strategy, but the math doesnt add up?
Is it possible that Costa Rica see's their very own " Mexico " Cartel War unraveling? Maybe they are trying to cut it off at the pass to prevent what our country has so richly embraced...Mexican drug cartel war/illegal immigration influx~
Maybe C/Rica are the smart ones to act now and not wait for the war to spill into the streets of their towns and villages, its only a matter of time here~

Who knows, and the facts will never show themselves...until the due time anyways!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

After a few days of dormancy for this thread and it's OP, I think we were getting prepared for more than drug interaction purposes. N.Korea, Venezuela and now the renunciation of the Cuban Revolution? Sounds' tactical and very purposeful to me.
Strategic location's for central domination of such an event in my opinion.
Who knows, maybe it's just me?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Well its been a month since you posted this, and I haven't heard jack diddly squat about anything else besides this report- which wasn't even covered in our Mainstream Media News. Something tells me this is part of their "Operation New Dawn". These psycho #bags and their "New Dawn" or "New Age".

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Bonified Ween]

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have just become aware of this from the following article:

LINK

Only 2months behind you guys! Good job posting this, it is a very important move.

Does anyone see any connection to the failed Coup attempt in Ecuador? I jsut find it strange that there is such a large Naval force quoted, who could reach Ecuador from Costa Rica in a very short timescale. Any thoughts anyone?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join