It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 US Troops to Costa Rica and 46 US Warships?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm no expert, but Eva Golinger's constant blinking and eyes darting around in all directions leads me to believe that she is lying.

reply to post by shauny

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Well, there is a lot going on in that region. I smell a Venezuela/Iran connection here. Remember that the Iranians have recently ramped up the presence of its Qods Forces there. Perhaps there is suspected activity aimed at the Panama Canal as well. The US has a vital interest to protect in that region.[edit on 9-7-2010 by jibeho]

Nice call - I think you may have nailed it. With a presence in South America, Iran could potentially disrupt shipping through the Panama Canal as well as the Straights of Hormuz in the Gulf region. Imagine the damage that could do to the world's (already fragile) economy. This force of Marines and Coast Guard vessels is designed to stop any trouble like that - just like the Marines in the Gulf that arrived within the last week or two.

To me this suggests that a strike on Iran is fairly close.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Something is going down soon...by way of nateral disaster, military strike (by whoever doesnt matter really any more), and economic collapse.

TSHTF real soon folks....whoever is reporting on it doesnt matter either...good reporter...bad reporter...no reporting...its going down soon. And Yes...the Web Bot Project is looking toward a big tipping point in the next few days or so.

Somethings up....my boy said there was like a 5.6 earthquake in LA.

HMMMM? I'll be watching....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If they're gonna nuke the oil spill, this is an indication.

As for coastal population, they gonna study the effects. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Since the powers that be like to play shell games like look here when they're moving there, we should look at a few sides of this in order to better understand the bigger picture.

We could be putting bullies in place to keep Chavez in place, should TPTB make a move on Iran. That one reason to move them, deny Iran access to their allies.

They could also be moving these ships in much the same manner as they did many ships prior to Pearl Harbor, where the old were left in place, but the newer more valuable stock was shipped out days before we took the hit.

In that case we should look to know where these ships normally dock and start poking our noses wherever that may be in order to make a deeper connection to a larger picture.

They could also be moving them because of some possible gulf explosion but again this hinges on the original docking stations of these vessels, men and machines.

Do we have this information yet, did I miss it?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Think it's related to Hugo Chavez nationalizing oil platforms that belong to U.S. Companies? Maybe Obama's corporate master's want them back?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

Right On! The military is suppose to defend the home and hearth and the people! Now it just forwards the imperialistic agenda of corporations. It has always done so. So why would you knowingly join the military, risk death, dismemberment and psychological trauma to support corporate interests? I don't get it! I guess the folks that join are too into the program and can't or won't see it for what it really is. War is a racket plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"Warships" is kind of vague, no? They could be small craft which would make more sense. 7,000 troops though? That's a lot of manpower for a fake drug war.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Another theory, US is getting its assets and personnel out of harms way in the Gulf Oil Spill area.

They would all be "upwind" of the hazards, instead of sitting in the deadly soup.

46 Warships to Costa Rica makes no sense to combat drugs. Maybe takeover Nicaragua? What's more important, helping in the Gulf, or attacking another country?

Either way, it stinks!

Another Poster's Opinion

[edit on 9-7-2010 by b.jim]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Let me get this straight, here in Arizona, we only got 512 National Guards to protect the border against drug cartels, even though we've lost control of one of our state parks south of interstate 8 to drug cartels. Mexican drug cartels now control part of our state, but we only got 512 troops to guard the border.

Now, all of a sudden, they are sending 7000 MARINES and how many warships to Costa Rica (a country only a fraction the size of Arizona) to stop drugs???

No way is this about stopping the drug cartels. That is a totally bogus lie.

I'm waiting to hear Senator McCain's objections or silence on this issue. If it's really for protection against drug cartels (sure, it is), McCain will raise hell that Arizona only got a measley 512 troops. But if all this is about a war build-up... or something else.... McCain will say nothing, as a matter of "national security." Which means, he knows what's really going on, but won't say.

I like that person's opinion who said this:

The Navy is obviously worried about either poison from the methane/corexit 9500 mix or a massive methane explosion/tsunami. A tsunami fits with the NOAA blackout of the U.S. tsunami warning system. It also explains why BP is not actively cleaning up the oil on the beaches. Why clean them up if they are going to be gone.

link: ______beforeitsnews/news/97/121/U.S._Navy_Evacuates_Gulf.html

[edit on 9-7-2010 by nikiano]

[edit on 9-7-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, do we have the names of these 46 warships? or are they un named auxiliaries?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

your pegging of mccain tactics made me laugh.
it's just so true!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by ghostpigeon

are you saying some of the ex-pats are still cia, or ex-cia?
if they are still working for the agency this is news to me.
if they are ex-cia i'd say it's very likely.

There's no such thing as ex-cia. You're more likely to get out of the Gambino familiy.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by ghostpigeon

are you saying some of the ex-pats are still cia, or ex-cia?
if they are still working for the agency this is news to me.
if they are ex-cia i'd say it's very likely.

There's no such thing as ex-cia. You're more likely to get out of the Gambino familiy.

point taken, must be that chip in their head. track them by satellite even if the do move to costa rica.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Originally posted by CUin2013?
There are reports that this is being done to move our Navy out of the GOM as a way to protect our ships from a catastrophe.

Tsunami? Deadly gas? Anyone?

i'll bet deadly gas

I'll bet "Nothing," just like every other thread like this turns out to be.

Here's a list of United States warships. Since none are named in this thread, and none of the classes of ships are mentioned, it's pretty much pointless to argue.

They might consider a Coast Guard cutter a "warship."

And 7,000 troops out of how many? Just a drop in the bucket. Ft. Hood alone has far more than that.

Another non-story, pumped up to look like something significant by people who enjoy being worried.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
Think it's related to Hugo Chavez nationalizing oil platforms that belong to U.S. Companies? Maybe Obama's corporate master's want them back?

Costa Rica is on the wrong side - Pacific. This alleged "armada" would have to pass through the canal, and then what's the point of going to Costa Rica first?

Puerto Rico would be a far better staging area - and we already own it and have military bases there anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Originally posted by CUin2013?
There are reports that this is being done to move our Navy out of the GOM as a way to protect our ships from a catastrophe.

Tsunami? Deadly gas? Anyone?

i'll bet deadly gas

I'll bet "Nothing," just like every other thread like this turns out to be.

Here's a list of United States warships. Since none are named in this thread, and none of the classes of ships are mentioned, it's pretty much pointless to argue.

They might consider a Coast Guard cutter a "warship."

And 7,000 troops out of how many? Just a drop in the bucket. Ft. Hood alone has far more than that.

Another non-story, pumped up to look like something significant by people who enjoy being worried.

Since you didn't read the whole post - page 2 :

Most of the ships are frigates and have a length of 135 meters , with capacity to carry two SH -60 helicopter gunships or HH- 60B, or Black Hawck and 200 marines and 15 officers each.

Other ships , such as Making USS Island have the capacity to carry 102 officers, 1449 sailors , are armored , and can carry 42 CH -46 helicopters , five AV-8B Harrier aircraft and six helicopters Blackhawks .

They may also arrive at national waters catamaran ships , a hospital ship and reconnaissance vehicles with capacity for transportation both by sea and by land.

They may also enter national waters as the ships USS Freedom, With capacity to combat submarines.

www.nacion.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Vast Amount of Methane Gas Near Underwater Oil Volcano

The Dwarves dug too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum… shadow and flame. — Saruman, The Lord of the Rings. There is something primordial about BP’s quest for oil in the Gulf of Mexico. It’s an Icarus-like story of super-ambition; of reaching too far, delving too deep. I don’t know if you’ve stopped to contemplate what BP was trying to do…

having difficulty pasting this link..

www....[hate-site-nolink]/2010/06/28/vast-amount-of-methane-gas-near-underwater-oil-volcano/comment-page-1/

newsnet 14 . com

sorry. is this site not allowed to be posted her ?
appologies in advance if it is...

[edit on 9/7/2010 by shauny]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For the record and for the sake of geography, Costa Rica sits with the Pacific to its west and the Caribbean Sea to the East.

It is bordered on the south by Panama and of Course the Panama Canal. Making the passage through the canal takes roughly 8 to 10 hours.

Costa Rica certainly has its advantages geographically.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

That's an interesting connection, as is the Iranian/Cuban/Venezuelan connection in possibly disrupting the canal as well as the Strait of Hormuz.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join