It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness describes seeing fireball after jet crashed near Fallon Naval Air Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Witness describes seeing fireball after jet crashed near Fallon Naval Air Station

www.rgj.com

2:40 p.m. update: Tammy Woodard of Fallon didn't see a jet go down near the Fallon Naval Air Station but did see a fireball go about 300 feet in the air about 1:45 p.m. as she was leaving for work.

"I saw the fireball," Woodward said. "It was huge. It looked like it was no more than a quarter mile from my house."

She estimates a jet crashed about a quarter of a mile from the air station runway.

"There are definitely a lot of houses out there, but it didn't hit anything that I know of," Woodard said.

Immediately after the fireball she saw a military helicopter circling
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is breaking within an hour. I recieved a text news message that a jet has crashed near Fallon Naval Air Station at 2:24. The accident occured at 1:45.

It appears the pilot was able to eject before the plane crashed.

I will keep this link posted as more info comes available.

ok, I have tried to post this 4 times and keep getting the message is too short scolding. I am typing this to add more in order to get the info out. Hopefully this is enough.

www.rgj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm finding articles about two other crashes in the past, but this has not hit yet. Sounds like they have had multiple crashes there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
AP Link

AP is reporting the incident now.

FALLON, Nev. — Navy officials say a jet has crashed shortly after takeoff from the Fallon Naval Air Station, and the pilot ejected to safety.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is the first one near the airbase, in a long time, they happen quite a bit out near the range, which is several miles outside of town. There's been several F-14's and a few F-18's that have gone down, but most pilot's make it out, due to the skill of my brother's in the ejection seat business, bravo zulu fella's. This one was an older Skyhawk, from years gone by, being used as an adversary aircraft, for the Top Gun School there...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Entire story here, pilot did a great job....kudo's

www.lahontanvalleynews.com...&ParentProfile=1045

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good thing. Glad to hear he is OK

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Chalk up another win for Martin-Baker.

new topics