It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Is the the footage of Sen. Byrd's filibuster of the Civil Rights Act 'down the Memory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

BECK: We have re-written history, and we are only looking now for the truth that helps our side. It must stop.

Beck saying this is the definition of "chutzpah".

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why shouldn't the film, if there is one, of Sen. Byrd filibustering of the Civil Rights Act be public? I seem to recall having seen footage of debate in old newsreel film...no reason to believe there might not be something somewhere...

Because maybe it might cast an unappealing light upon an unappealing person? Like the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, and many others, both Rep. and Dem.; Sen. Byrd had his skeletons...his KKK history being a fairly large one.

I, for one, would like to see this film, if it exists... Not to score points, the man is dead, and beyond our petty ideologies. More for an insight into the man...

...conscience of the Senate? Hm mm...maybe not so much.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Why shouldn't the film, if there is one, of Sen. Byrd filibustering of the Civil Rights Act be public? I seem to recall having seen footage of debate in old newsreel film...no reason to believe there might not be something somewhere...

Because maybe it might cast an unappealing light upon an unappealing person? Like the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, and many others, both Rep. and Dem.; Sen. Byrd had his skeletons...his KKK history being a fairly large one.

I, for one, would like to see this film, if it exists... Not to score points, the man is dead, and beyond our petty ideologies. More for an insight into the man...

...conscience of the Senate? Hm mm...maybe not so much.

See this is exactly the kind of reaction that Glenn Beck brings about! Instead of starting accusations and such, shouldn't the first question be "is there film of this?"

Sure it's more sensational to talk in such what-ifs but really, why is everyone getting so bent up about some cover-up that might not even exist?

This is, for most people, a gut emotional response, not a rational one, and trusting the gut, so to speak, over rational thinking is incredibly dangerous for voters to do.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
This is, for most people, a gut emotional response, not a rational one, and trusting the gut, so to speak, over rational thinking is incredibly dangerous for voters to do.

Wouldnt a rational response also be somebody, say the op, coming on here and recussing the fact that he only took a snipit from a source and didnt include the fact that cameras HAVE been on the senate floor from at least the '40s for major events? Or is a rational response like yours in only casting doubt on Beck no matter what?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

Wouldnt a rational response also be somebody, say the op, coming on here and recussing the fact that he only took a snipit from a source and didnt include the fact that cameras HAVE been on the senate floor from at least the '40s for major events? Or is a rational response like yours in only casting doubt on Beck no matter what?

Did I say such a thing at all? No absolutely not, I said the rational question to ask here would be "is there videotape of this event?" Without knowing the answer to that question we cannot declare who is right in this.

I say we should get the facts straight before casting blame. So settle down and stop putting words in my mouth.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Another thing to think about is that Beck between radio and TV has about 8 hours of recorded dialog EVERY DAY! Just thinking about the huge amount of information he needs to get right all the time I would think even 2% error rate would fill pages after pages of snippets of these errors, but surprisingly the error rate is much lower though it does exists.

I would love to see a single elected official who actually controls our lives to live under this form of microscopic scrutiny for even a month much less year after year. Hell, the vast MAJORITY can’t even be safe 5 minutes off their scripted Teleprompters, even our president is case in point. I’m not a Beck supporter but the guy has a big set of balls and conviction that I wish our elected officials had the same. At least then when we voted them into office we would be assured we are truly getting the official we actually voted to represent us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join