It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nude model, five bodies and a Mormon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
News these days is getting stranger and stranger...
especially when Mormons and naked models dismember people to bring about the 2nd coming of Christ???

the kookiest, darkest, most grimly compelling court case in America may well be one that is receiving almost no media attention at all.

check it:
news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Man, I couldn't read all of that. Whew. It should be noted that he was a "lapsed" Morman. If he had stuck to his faith, this wouldn't have happened.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow that is messed up. There are some truly crazy religious nuts out there and they are very dangerous.

I highly doubt that this will be the last of this kind of thing we see for a while, especially if you're in America. A lot of people seem to be jumping on this "Christian Revolution" thing with mixed results.

There are several groups who I am keeping an eye on: There is a group calling themselves the "Knights of Inquisition" who want to bring back the inquisition, some of them have been slowly slipping into Iraq and Afghanistan since the Americans took charge, haven't heard how they faired, but I'd bet it's not too well.

There is also a group that wishes to make Alabama an independent and fundamentalist Christian country, I doubt they'll get very far though, America lost the south once and I don't think they'd be to keen on it leaving again.

There will always be doomsday cults though, some violent, some suicidal and some peaceful, they've been around as long as history remembers and I doubt that they will go away until there really is some sort of doomsday lol.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just goes to show the desperation of some Christians. Why must these people insist on there religion being the only way to go? I see the Christian society taking a big fall in the future as consequence to this kind of behaviour.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Just goes to show the desperation of some Christians. Why must these people insist on there religion being the only way to go? I see the Christian society taking a big fall in the future as consequence to this kind of behaviour.

Woah now. Mormons don't speak for the entirety of the Christian religion. Don't take the actions of one wacked out Mormon to be representative of an entire faith.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks Faisca, I wholeheartedly agree with you. It is unfortunate what people do in the name of "God". It totally destroys the efforts of the well intentioned. But, this is the way it's been for all of mankind. And it won;t be the last time atrocities are done in t God's name.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I did say "some Christians". I didn�t say all Christians. There are fanatics in most religions including Christianity. I was just merely stating the actions of this kind of radical Christian behaviour would only lead to the further demise of Christianity.

new topics

top topics

join